Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Taylor

Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2021, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2021, 04:33:49 PM
I have found myself watching less & less of Dublin this season because in every game the result is a foregone conclusion.

Now I will watch the semi final however I stuck on 5mins of the Kildare game and there was a number of Dublin players I had never heard of.

Are these new guys onto the panel & getting game time or have they always been knocking about but didnt get the chance previously?
Since Dessie took over from Jim Gavin, he's lost 3 starters from the 5-in-a-row team. Cluxton, McCaffrey and Mannion. Add to that an almost an entire bench has retired, such as MaAuley, Connolly, McManaman, O'Sullivan, Andrews, Daly, Lowndes. So Dessie is left with almost an entirely new bench (Philly still hanging around but not getting much game time).

Most of the new lads have been doing fine, nobody setting the house on fire. The Basquel brothers probably the most interesting. Key men in Ballyboden's All Ireland success, but only with the retirements have they started to get a look-in with the Dubs. Colm in particular look like he has the stuff. But generally the bench wouldnt be anywhere near as frightening as it used to be.

Have watched the Basquel's and they do look the real deal.

Normally in a Mayo v Dublin game the cavalry coming off the bench for the Dubs in the final stretch helps get them over the line.

However this Mayo team dont look to have the quality/player form of previous years so it may not even be that tight with 15mins to go

Mayo4Sam14

" Of allocation of 24,000 tickets, approximately 18,000 were made available to the two counties, with the remaining 6,000 going to sponsors and corporate partners. Mayo clubs were offered approximately half of those 18,000 tickets to sell to their members over the last week.

The situation has been complicated somewhat by the double-header of games under the separate umbrellas of the GAA and the LGFA. No tickets were made available to any LGFA clubs in either Mayo or Dublin, despite the two counties contesting their semi-final as a curtain-raiser to the men's game
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

TheGreatest

Quote from: BennyCake on August 09, 2021, 04:26:14 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2021, 09:00:20 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 08, 2021, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 08, 2021, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2021, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:48:08 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 07, 2021, 10:48:29 PM
QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

We are just stating the facts.

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.
They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Shocking isn't it, reading all the moaning on this thread. Shame on the dubs. Don't they know how lucky they have it.

They do have some legitimate issues. For example there's a real chance Brian Fenton might actually lose a championship match this season.

Winning trophies with Dublin is like losing your virginity to a prostitute

And this clown, the bitterness is real with this one, makes me feel happy inside. I love how Dublin's success affects the rest of the country, makes it all that be sweeter.

I get the impression that other than Dublin's direct opponents in a semi/final, everyone else is no longer bothered, annoyed or surprised at Dublin's success. The vast investment, home advantage, and everything else, well it's helped ruin the championship. It's like being annoyed at Amazon or Google for not paying any tax. They're not the problem. And Dublin themselves aren't the problem.

Each Dublin AI success means less and less as the years goes on. I've no doubt they'll do 7 in a row. Probably even 11, 12, or 13 in a row (maybe with one loss), but by that time nobody will care. The inter county championship will be long dead.

Fair point, to everyone else you mean.. Not to the Dubs.

I remember i felt the same when Kilkenny won 4 in row. I was sick of them and hated them, its only years later, looking back, i appreciated what they achieved and how good they were..

TheGreatest

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 10, 2021, 08:36:00 AM
That is nothing short of a disgrace

Yep, definitely a pub job now for myself, didnt get tickets through the club. Dublin v Mayo in the semi is always nearly a sell out, 9k each to clubs, no chance.

BennyCake

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 10, 2021, 08:44:10 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 09, 2021, 04:26:14 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2021, 09:00:20 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 08, 2021, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on August 08, 2021, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2021, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:48:08 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 07, 2021, 10:48:29 PM
QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

We are just stating the facts.

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.
They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Shocking isn't it, reading all the moaning on this thread. Shame on the dubs. Don't they know how lucky they have it.

They do have some legitimate issues. For example there's a real chance Brian Fenton might actually lose a championship match this season.

Winning trophies with Dublin is like losing your virginity to a prostitute

And this clown, the bitterness is real with this one, makes me feel happy inside. I love how Dublin's success affects the rest of the country, makes it all that be sweeter.

I get the impression that other than Dublin's direct opponents in a semi/final, everyone else is no longer bothered, annoyed or surprised at Dublin's success. The vast investment, home advantage, and everything else, well it's helped ruin the championship. It's like being annoyed at Amazon or Google for not paying any tax. They're not the problem. And Dublin themselves aren't the problem.

Each Dublin AI success means less and less as the years goes on. I've no doubt they'll do 7 in a row. Probably even 11, 12, or 13 in a row (maybe with one loss), but by that time nobody will care. The inter county championship will be long dead.

Fair point, to everyone else you mean.. Not to the Dubs.

I remember i felt the same when Kilkenny won 4 in row. I was sick of them and hated them, its only years later, looking back, i appreciated what they achieved and how good they were..

But if it was the same team that just happened to come together, and won a lot over a few years (like Galway, Armagh, Donegal, Cork, Tyrone, Meath) before fading away, then yes you could appreciate that particular team. Even Kilkenny faded, although still challenging obviously. But this Dublin team is completely different to the team in 2011. Are there any survivors?

Watching Dublin now is like watching a car crash. You sort of pretend you don't care but you want them to keep winning. Because if they do win 10, 11, 12 in a row, it will only then be obvious that the GAA created a monster, and the inequality of the funding will be so obvious. But also, the championship will be dead by then, and the football championship will take a generation to recover.

No disrespect to other teams, but the odd Dublin loss, and it's... funding clearly isn't the issue. Sure look at Kerry, Mayo, Tyrone, Donegal... they got their act together to win an AI. Everyone else needs to get up off their ass. Leitrim/Waterford/Sligo/Fermanagh , what the f**k is wrong with ye anyway? Get up off your holes, ye lazy hoors. What do you mean your senior team are buying their own training gear and  changing in a portacabin? That's no excuse. You should be winning Sam's.

Dublin fans are currently in a toxic relationship where everything in the  world is great. Once that relationship ends, your eyes will be opened, and you'll think "what was I thinking?"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 10, 2021, 08:45:52 AM

Yep, definitely a pub job now for myself, didnt get tickets through the club. Dublin v Mayo in the semi is always nearly a sell out, 9k each to clubs, no chance.

Disgrace isn't the word. SIX FKIN THOUSAND to corporates? Is that similar to the hurling ones? Tyrone v Kerry?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2021, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 10, 2021, 08:45:52 AM

Disgrace isn't the word. SIX FKIN THOUSAND to corporates? Is that similar to the hurling ones? Tyrone v Kerry?

25% of capacity. Outrageous.

Incredibly disrespectful not to allocate the women's match any tickets as well

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 09, 2021, 07:06:05 PM
The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.
That's interesting but are all games involving Dublin regarded as home games? What about semis and finals? Do Dublin "host" those games?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Keyser soze

Would LGFA clubs not all [or vast majority] be affiliated to existing GAA clubs and hence covered in the allocation?

Hound

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2021, 10:59:57 AM
The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.
That's interesting but are all games involving Dublin regarded as home games? What about semis and finals? Do Dublin "host" those games?
FFS Lar, you're actually taking that post seriously  ::)

Mayo Border

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2021, 11:10:54 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2021, 10:59:57 AM
FFS Lar, you're actually taking that post seriously  ::)
Being Dublin's home ground means they have to sweep out the changing rooms after the match. Have you not seen the videos?

thejuice

Don't recall anyone in the Meath camp mentioning the music. As hound said, we were way better in the second half anyway. Hopefully the Dubs do it again next time then and at start of the match if that's the effect.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

TheGreatest

Not sure if you missed the ticketmaster flashsale just there, got pod of 3, think all gone now

Farrandeelin

What if you received the email for success of getting the tickets, but no follow on link? Asking for a friend.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.