Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

StPatsAbu

Quote from: dublin7 on August 08, 2021, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2021, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:48:08 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 07, 2021, 10:48:29 PM
QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

We are just stating the facts.

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.
They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Shocking isn't it, reading all the moaning on this thread. Shame on the dubs. Don't they know how lucky they have it.

They do have some legitimate issues. For example there's a real chance Brian Fenton might actually lose a championship match this season.

Winning trophies with Dublin is like losing your virginity to a prostitute

armaghniac

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 08, 2021, 06:58:55 PM

As Woody Allen said, "Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go it is one of the best."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on August 07, 2021, 11:03:39 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 07, 2021, 09:39:12 PM
If Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

whingers is what the kerrys and dublins call people from less successful counties who try to fight their corner for a level playing field . Examples would include home advantage for dublin and the absolute farcical situation of Dublin also playing their home league games(croke park)  there also in recent times , since what 2008 ish ? I personally dont care how repetitive i sound on the subject i will keep repeating
Keep going on about the half time music. That really needs more attention 😆😆😆

TheGreatest

QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.
They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Shocking isn't it, reading all the moaning on this thread. Shame on the dubs. Don't they know how lucky they have it.

They do have some legitimate issues. For example there's a real chance Brian Fenton might actually lose a championship match this season.

And this clown, the bitterness is real with this one, makes me feel happy inside. I love how Dublin's success affects the rest of the country, makes it all that be sweeter.

larryin89

Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2021, 08:06:22 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 07, 2021, 11:03:39 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 07, 2021, 09:39:12 PM
If Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

whingers is what the kerrys and dublins call people from less successful counties who try to fight their corner for a level playing field . Examples would include home advantage for dublin and the absolute farcical situation of Dublin also playing their home league games(croke park)  there also in recent times , since what 2008 ish ? I personally dont care how repetitive i sound on the subject i will keep repeating
Keep going on about the half time music. That really needs more attention 😆😆😆

Use of croke park as home venue was what I touched on there , dont think I mentioned the dub ht fanfare which is also farcical in the context of neutral venue
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on August 07, 2021, 04:13:44 PM
Dont forget the rousing loud  as it can go  music as they emerge at ht . The blatant home advantage stuff is shocking .
It is very funny that you believe this!

There's someone in Croke Park who hires the volume of the music when the Dubs emerge for the second half of All Ireland semi finals or finals, and then lowers it again when Mayo emerge!

It's a great explanation all the same for the Dubs third quarter surge 😃

Hound

The rumours of disharmony in the Dublin camp are interesting, in that there hasn't really been similar rumours since Tommy Lyons or Tommy Carr's days. Of course rumours doesn't make it true, I don't know one way or the other.

Dublin's off the ball workrate is down this year in my opinion. Both in defence and attack. It's left our full back line looking more exposed than normal and left our attack looking a bit blunt with less off the shoulder runners breaking through defences. That might be a sign that, finally, the edge/hunger has drifted a little. Only natural really, but perhaps something we can switch back on now we're at the business end.

Dublin played 3 corner forwards last time (Costello, Rock, Small). Not sure we can afford to do that against the athleticism of Mayo's defence, so I could see one of them being dropped. Presumably Small. I'd be surprised if Murchan doesn't start in defence.

The pressure each team put on the opposition keeper will be a big factor. Can't imagine there'll be too many uncontested kickouts. Kildare and Meath gave Comerford a surprisingly easy ride in that regard.

I'd guess McLoughlin and McLaughlin would be the only two changes for Mayo, but Horan has been known to throw in the odd surprise.

BennyCake

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2021, 09:00:20 AM

They sure did!

And this clown, the bitterness is real with this one, makes me feel happy inside. I love how Dublin's success affects the rest of the country, makes it all that be sweeter.

I get the impression that other than Dublin's direct opponents in a semi/final, everyone else is no longer bothered, annoyed or surprised at Dublin's success. The vast investment, home advantage, and everything else, well it's helped ruin the championship. It's like being annoyed at Amazon or Google for not paying any tax. They're not the problem. And Dublin themselves aren't the problem.

Each Dublin AI success means less and less as the years goes on. I've no doubt they'll do 7 in a row. Probably even 11, 12, or 13 in a row (maybe with one loss), but by that time nobody will care. The inter county championship will be long dead.

Taylor

I have found myself watching less & less of Dublin this season because in every game the result is a foregone conclusion.

Now I will watch the semi final however I stuck on 5mins of the Kildare game and there was a number of Dublin players I had never heard of.

Are these new guys onto the panel & getting game time or have they always been knocking about but didnt get the chance previously?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2021, 04:33:49 PM
I have found myself watching less & less of Dublin this season because in every game the result is a foregone conclusion.

Now I will watch the semi final however I stuck on 5mins of the Kildare game and there was a number of Dublin players I had never heard of.

Are these new guys onto the panel & getting game time or have they always been knocking about but didnt get the chance previously?
Since Dessie took over from Jim Gavin, he's lost 3 starters from the 5-in-a-row team. Cluxton, McCaffrey and Mannion. Add to that an almost an entire bench has retired, such as MaAuley, Connolly, McManaman, O'Sullivan, Andrews, Daly, Lowndes. So Dessie is left with almost an entirely new bench (Philly still hanging around but not getting much game time).

Most of the new lads have been doing fine, nobody setting the house on fire. The Basquel brothers probably the most interesting. Key men in Ballyboden's All Ireland success, but only with the retirements have they started to get a look-in with the Dubs. Colm in particular look like he has the stuff. But generally the bench wouldnt be anywhere near as frightening as it used to be.

larryin89

Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2021, 01:35:31 PM
Dont forget the rousing loud  as it can go  music as they emerge at ht . The blatant home advantage stuff is shocking .

There's someone in Croke Park who hires the volume of the music when the Dubs emerge for the second half of All Ireland semi finals or finals, and then lowers it again when Mayo emerge!

Well you have either not been to the games or you're tone deaf.  Meath only a few weeks ago ran with the same complaint . Forget debating whether its  advantages or not , that's ireelavent to the fact it happened and it's wrong on many levels.  Dublin ht fanfare should not be allowed
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 09, 2021, 07:06:05 PM
The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.

What's all this half time entertainment business? Doesn't happen at dubs games. Is this some advantage Mayo get that Dublin don't? I'll have to email the administrators in Croke to demand half time entertainment is to provided at all dubs games in future.

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2021, 05:36:11 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2021, 01:35:31 PM

Well you have either not been to the games or you're tone deaf.  Meath only a few weeks ago ran with the same complaint . Forget debating whether its  advantages or not , that's ireelavent to the fact it happened and it's wrong on many levels.  Dublin ht fanfare should not be allowed
Absolute nonsense Larry. Did even take a moment to think about it based on your own experience?
No idea what McEntee might have imagined, especially as his team won the 2nd half 1-7 to 0-5, but it never  ever happened in a Dublin Mayo game. As you full well know as I presume you've been to them all as well. It's either one song from each county or random pop stuff.
Dublin do have many advantages. Stick to them for your complaints rather than moaning about conspiracy nonsense