Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

highorlow

QuoteDublin Ladies get to have a game at home, and if they win sort out their on field bearings for the final.

Meanwhile Cork and Meath get to go to Tuam

Fairly guaranteed they'll roll out Kelly at half time next week as well to give the dubs a lift for the second half.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Dont forget the rousing loud  as it can go  music as they emerge at ht . The blatant home advantage stuff is shocking . 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam14

How exactly does it make sense that the hill is closed this weekend? I'm genuinely baffled.

So this weekend- 24,000 in three stands. No hill.

Next weekend- extra terrace, double header. No added capacity.

So they've essentially just cordoned a section of the capacity for Dublin fans?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Tubberman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 07, 2021, 06:05:19 PM
How exactly does it make sense that the hill is closed this weekend? I'm genuinely baffled.

So this weekend- 24,000 in three stands. No hill.

Next weekend- extra terrace, double header. No added capacity.

So they've essentially just cordoned a section of the capacity for Dublin fans?

Hard to come to any other conclusion than it's done to suit the Dubs when it's not open today, and won't add any additional capacity for next week
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

BennyCake

The GAA doing a good job at ruining the Ladies AI championship as well as the mens.

Mayo4Sam14

Don't really know why one weeks semi final is set for five and the next week is 6. They're usually fairly uniform.

highorlow

Can we organise a lorry load of bales for around 5pm next week on the m4.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: highorlow on August 07, 2021, 07:37:51 PM
Can we organise a lorry load of bales for around 5pm next week on the m4.

That won't disrupt the Dublin fans so no worry in terms of throw in

Hound

If Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

highorlow

QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

We are just stating the facts.

larryin89

Quote from: Hound on August 07, 2021, 09:39:12 PM
If Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

whingers is what the kerrys and dublins call people from less successful counties who try to fight their corner for a level playing field . Examples would include home advantage for dublin and the absolute farcical situation of Dublin also playing their home league games(croke park)  there also in recent times , since what 2008 ish ? I personally dont care how repetitive i sound on the subject i will keep repeating
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

StPatsAbu

Quote from: highorlow on August 07, 2021, 10:48:29 PM
QuoteIf Dublin don't win Sam, I'd love to see Mayo do it. But my jaysis, their fans are some crowd of whingers (unlike the team)

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Hound on August 07, 2021, 09:39:12 PM

What part of the above commentary do you disagree with?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:48:08 PM

Yis whinged a bit yourselves in fairness until Bertie syphoned of a million under the table each year to get yiz over the line.
They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

dublin7

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 08, 2021, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 07, 2021, 11:48:08 PM

They sure did!
If whingin' was an Olympic sport back then the bleedin' Dubs would all be in Tokyo right now.
Shocking isn't it, reading all the moaning on this thread. Shame on the dubs. Don't they know how lucky they have it.

They do have some legitimate issues. For example there's a real chance Brian Fenton might actually lose a championship match this season.