Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

highorlow

honyevalley, back up your earlier statement about Mayo breaking jaws or else retract it.

Thanks in advance. Things don't go unnoticed here that easy ya know, I've learned that lesson meself.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

jmk

Quote from: Mayo Border on August 16, 2021, 11:17:10 PM
Embarrassing from the doctor. And completely unsporting in his rant. One would have expected better.
That's a bizarre take by Hickey on the refereeing decisions in a game where Dublin should have had 3 red cards and at least 1 more black card

highorlow

Pillar Caffery is a Jackeen. And a very bitter one at that.

The thing is, a vast majority of the Dubs are sound. I live amongst ye, same for Larry on here. We are settled in and make our crust here, I've great time for the real fans, and I don't think as a Mayo man I'll let it pass that I've got nothing, and I mean nothing but support and congrats from me locals, all Dublin folks,  since the win, so thanks for that to the Dublin lads, and to hound, the greatest and sdb and the others on here.

The limited tickets at the weekend added to the occasion imo, the rael Dublin supporters were out in force, magnanimous at the end. Bit like the league crew we get to Castlebar every other year.

Ye were great champions and if we go on to beat Kerry or Tyrone  (which I think we will) we will remember it was the Dublin team that set the bar for us.

Long live the GAA, it's the only proper culture remaining in this country and long may it continue.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

hoynevalley

Embarrassing from the doctor. And completely unsporting in his rant. One would have expected better.

+1

TheGreatest

Of course Hickey is biased, like most on here are too, I am too, made some valid points though..., but games over, Mayo beat Dublin for only the 3rd time in Championship and deservingly so.

I tell you which player of Mayo I like now, Padraig O Hora  A different breed of Mayo player, different mindset.

Also you all you are making out that Mayo are the angels of the game, Mayo are well able to dish it out, have done over the last few and have to do it when playing Dublin, but there is and has been a Mayo media love for a good few years now.

Tubberman

Unfortunately,  i wouldn't expect any better from him.
Do you not remember his comments before last year's final?
He might be a doctor,  but he's classless and ignorant.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

WhoDat

is that man actually a doctor? because he doesnt seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together

Silver hill

People...be cool!
There's nothing that Hickey has said there that can't be argued either way. His 4 points are valid.
I think it's great that he gives an actual real opinion on what he's actually believes rather than a sanitised, pc correct one. How novel is that in today's woke world.
He's correct to call out O'Shea. Thus far he has failed Mayo as a footballer and seems more interested in increasing his social media profile as an 'influencer'. (Whatever that is).
Needs to keep his head down and earn the right to do that sort of shite when he has a few crosses in the back pocket.
Hickey is also correct about the perennial loser tag; stating the obvious but that won't disappear until they actual win one.
Would be an unmitigated disaster if Kerry nip this one from them this year.

imtommygunn

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2021, 06:54:15 AM
Of course Hickey is biased, like most on here are too, I am too, made some valid points though..., but games over, Mayo beat Dublin for only the 3rd time in Championship and deservingly so.

I tell you which player of Mayo I like now, Padraig O Hora  A different breed of Mayo player, different mindset.

Also you all you are making out that Mayo are the angels of the game, Mayo are well able to dish it out, have done over the last few and have to do it when playing Dublin, but there is and has been a Mayo media love for a good few years now.

The thing I would say about the media love. Philly McMahon is getting a lot of abuse now about his da and stuff online - and people who are doing that need a good look at themselves. I like who the guy comes across media wise etc but on the pitch he is a dirty hallion. He has been a bit of a media darling too.

TheGreatest

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2021, 08:50:36 AM

The thing I would say about the media love. Philly McMahon is getting a lot of abuse now about his da and stuff online - and people who are doing that need a good look at themselves. I like who the guy comes across media wise etc but on the pitch he is a dirty hallion. He has been a bit of a media darling too.

Only in his capacity of what he is doing off the field, and maybe they feel they have to give him a voice, but behind it would care too much for him, and probably look down on him also.

Dublin have always been made out as a rough team, going back as far as the 70s. Philly and a few others get a lot of abuse win, lose , draw, nearly always after Mayo games etc,  id say he the most abused player, online , in the history of the sport, driven by the media, the likes of the 42, Sports Joe, Off the ball, etc , stir the pot, post pictures up online, freeze frame, with snide comments, just so they can get likes and comments under their posts, and then keep reposting the same posts. Going on years and is agenda driven, given the demographics of some of the people behind these so called " media " sites.

The end of the day, he will finish with 12 Leinster, 8 All Irelands, 5 National leagues, 2 all stars. Maybe one more if he's lucky and will always be remembered and always be a hero in the eyes of the Dubs.

Whereas Mayo are celebrating beating the Dubs for only the third time like its an All Ireland final win, remains to be seen how they fair in yet another final.

johnnycool

Every successful team needs a philly, like it or not. He's there to intimidate anyone who's lacking in a bit of "self belief" but he can play ball too when needed.

Morons on twitter having a go at his da would probably have run out of the field if there wasn't a paling round it in their playing days..

Best ignored.

Farrandeelin

Dr. Hickey gave me a good laugh. Just as I was coming down from the high, he is one of the reasons why you'd want to stay on the high until the day of the final.

P.S. highorlow's post - 100% agree with it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on August 17, 2021, 09:16:26 AM

Every successful team needs a philly, like it or not. He's there to intimidate anyone who's lacking in a bit of "self belief" but he can play ball too when needed.

Morons on twitter having a go at his da would probably have run out of the field if there wasn't a paling round it in their playing days..

Best ignored.

Oh aye I would agree.  As I said before almost every successful winning team has them (ok I said every successful team has them but a Galway boy pulled me on it lol). Most really good corner backs have a bit of a nasty(or maybe devilish a better term) streak in them. He has a good media profile but is far from a saint. (Tomas O'Se like that too - great footballer but dirty hallion as well)

Anyone having a go at someone's da like that needs a good boot up the arse. I hope Philly tracks them down lol.

Armamike

Great champions know how to win and lose.  Dublin didn't cover themselves in much glory on Saturday.
That's just, like your opinion man.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Armamike on August 17, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
Great champions know how to win and lose.  Dublin didn't cover themselves in much glory on Saturday.

Yes they did, they fought until the very end, gave it everything, wasn't good enough as Mayo were better.