Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

First goal came because we couldn't pick the ball up properly. Gave away the second one also. Great comeback and disappointing to lose in the end. Thought one of the trees at the end was soft but replay proved otherwise

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on July 17, 2021, 05:51:32 PM
Credit to Banty in whatever way he handled the circumstances and managed to send out the team with a  championship positive mind set.

Fair play to him. And all the players. Best of luck in the final

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on July 17, 2021, 06:01:31 PM
Jaysus I'm near shaking after that, what a game. Great advertisment for Ulster football. Was full sure we had thrown another big lead after that second Armagh goal - but credit to the lads, they dug deep when it mattered and got the win. Can't have been easy after such a physically and emotionally draining day.

Alot of lads you could credit, but fair play to Conor for the bottle he showed in nailing two big pressure frees at the end. From being doubtful of playing any part, to playing every minute in that heat.

Hard luck to Armagh, obviously the early goals killed them. They're a young side and will be back stronger.
Only near shaking!!  after the second goal my pulse rate went to 115 and BP to 202 , but in the end  deja vu was foiled again.
I think a viewing of  BBCNI's deferred coverage is on the cards.

joemamas

How refreshing to see people in the stands enjoying a game of football.

Schkite

Quote from: Main Street on July 17, 2021, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: Schkite on July 17, 2021, 06:01:31 PM
Jaysus I'm near shaking after that, what a game. Great advertisment for Ulster football. Was full sure we had thrown another big lead after that second Armagh goal - but credit to the lads, they dug deep when it mattered and got the win. Can't have been easy after such a physically and emotionally draining day.

Alot of lads you could credit, but fair play to Conor for the bottle he showed in nailing two big pressure frees at the end. From being doubtful of playing any part, to playing every minute in that heat.

Hard luck to Armagh, obviously the early goals killed them. They're a young side and will be back stronger.
Only near shaking!!  after the second goal my pulse rate went to 115 and BP to 202 , but in the end  deja vu was foiled again.
I think a viewing of  BBCNI's deferred coverage is on the cards.

Ha yeah I'm just trying to play it cool! That second half was a proper rollercoaster.

sid waddell

What an outstanding game of football

Armagh had Monaghan right where they wanted them but like Kerry in 2019 against Dublin they saw the line and tied up when they needed to push on, another score would surely have done it for them, why the sub Kelly didn't shoot for his own score instead of recycling possession I don't know

Amazing character from Monaghan however, they dug deep into their reserves of experience and got the little bit of luck to enable them to eke it out

There is nothing wrong with the game - competition is what makes it - and any attempts to make the championship tiered are addressing the symptom, not the cause of the problem with the championship, and permanently enshrining lack of competition

Boycey

Quote from: joemamas on July 17, 2021, 06:08:47 PM
How refreshing to see people in the stands enjoying a game of football.

We saw far too much of them for my liking, what the feck was the deal with constantly cutting to the crowd we missed a couple of scores because of it

befair

Armagh going for a point from a placed ball 60 yds out while the game was in the melting pt was a serious mistake. Management should have called the shots and insist the ball be recycled

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2021, 05:55:11 PM
Lovely words from Banty there.

Indeed, as a fellow Monaghan man who'll readily admit to being only too happy to criticize him I thought he was brilliant there

Armamike

Bollix. Blew that one. Very disappointing and frustrating. Seasoned players making very bad decisions cost us a place  in the final for first time in 13 years. Some great work to get back in the game after a comical start.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Rossfan

Great excitement for the neutral, great comeback by Armagh, great finish by Monaghan.
Totally mad scoreline!
Hope all that packed terrace crowd were vaccinated....
1,402 cases in the 6 today, 1377 in the 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nanderson

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2021, 06:36:44 PM
Great excitement for the neutral, great comeback by Armagh, great finish by Monaghan.
Totally mad scoreline!
Hope all that packed terrace crowd were vaccinated....
1,402 cases in the 6 today, 1377 in the 26.
Dont worry must of those cases are probably prods from the 12th

Rossfan

As a matter if interest what was the attendance in Newry?
4,000 in Thurles and a small looking gathering in Nowlan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SHEEDY

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2021, 06:43:49 PM
As a matter if interest what was the attendance in Newry?
4,000 in Thurles and a small looking gathering in Nowlan.
heard somewhere it was 2400, though looked more..
nil satis nisi optimum

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 17, 2021, 05:48:47 PM
Heartbreaking loss for Armagh, really those goals conceded 1st half proved to be the killer. 2-21(27) must be one of the biggest scores for Armagh in a championship loss?

Hardly heartbreaking when you ship 4 goals!  ;D