Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

What's the capacity of the covered stand in Newry?

ardtole

Rossfan

Ulster Final for Croke Park?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

delgany

Mc Namee's cleared to.play according to Declan Bogue & Team talk

BennyCake

Quote from: delgany on July 15, 2021, 08:27:48 PM
Mc Namee's cleared to.play according to Declan Bogue & Team talk

No surprise there.

smort

I am surprised! Would love to know how it was overturned. As soft as the strike might have been, it was a red card all day every day, and twice on a sunday

Milltown Row2

Quote from: smort on July 15, 2021, 09:15:58 PM
I am surprised! Would love to know how it was overturned. As soft as the strike might have been, it was a red card all day every day, and twice on a sunday

If they can show a similar incident with no sending off or able to interpret the rules to fit their case then it will cast doubt over the call.

Personally it was a very soft red, I don't dish out too many cards so for me it needs to be malicious over the top stuff, and if the other player over eggs his reaction then he'll not get much sympathy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cavan19

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 08:50:38 AM

If they can show a similar incident with no sending off or able to interpret the rules to fit their case then it will cast doubt over the call.

Personally it was a very soft red, I don't dish out too many cards so for me it needs to be malicious over the top stuff, and if the other player over eggs his reaction then he'll not get much sympathy

It's a great day for face slappers all over the country.

tyrone08

Quote from: Cavan19 on July 16, 2021, 11:17:28 AM

If Paul Brennan didn't get a red last year for slapping a tyrone player in the back of the head then McNamee definitely wasnt a red. Simple.

AnGaelGearmanach

Does anybody fancy Armagh to go all the way?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AnGaelGearmanach

Out of Ulster anyway, I fancy a Tyrone v Armagh final

J70

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 16, 2021, 11:55:25 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on July 16, 2021, 11:17:28 AM

If Paul Brennan didn't get a red last year for slapping a tyrone player in the back of the head then McNamee definitely wasnt a red. Simple.

Its not that simple at all.

Brennan got a yellow on the field. That meant it was done and over with. Had he got a red (which he easily could have) I seriously doubt if Donegal would have gone down the legal technicality route.