Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Hard to believe that Derry didn't get at least 1 goal. I get the feeling that will come back to haunt them, and Donegal will just edge out this game.

yellowcard

At least the game is competitive but there are 3 minutes left, the sides are level and you could hear a pin drop which tells you all about the lack of excitement in this game.

J70

Quote from: yellowcard on July 11, 2021, 05:35:13 PM
At least the game is competitive but there are 3 minutes left, the sides are level and you could hear a pin drop which tells you all about the lack of excitement in this game.

Huh?

I'm on the edge of my fuckin seat, literally!

mrdeeds

That's called tension.

Blowitupref

FT Donegal 0-16 Derry 0-15. Some score to win it. Get out of jail card used by Donegal, Derry simply left the win behind them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Great score to win it, Derry unlucky

Itchy

Hard luck Derry, they left that behind passing up 2 huge goal chances. Someone had to have a go at the end there, all passing the buck.

highorlow

Derry have only themselves to blame. They missed some sitter goals and a few sitter points. Then didn't bother to shoot at the end.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Schkite

Some winner by McBrearty there. Harsh on Derry, but they left that win behind them, should have taken at least one goal.

J70

Absolutely blessed to get that win.

Fair fucks to Derry. Should have won that. Good to see yez back!

And fair fucks to Paddy at the end. Some score under the circumstances. And fair fucks to the team. They didn't fold when twice struggling and fours points adrift. Kept coming back even though they could never nose in front.

Best championship performance to date from Niall O'Donnell. Real leader when it counted.

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2021, 05:37:31 PM

Huh?

I'm on the edge of my fuckin seat, literally!

Cagey, tactical, possession based stuff. The closeness kept it interesting but it wasn't exactly thrill a minute stuff.

Main Street

it was a worthy winning point befitting the contest, though Derry  should have had that game in the bag, beyond the likes of Murphy.

Captain Obvious

Lucky lucky Donegal the relief on the the faces of the players and management said it all.

Not taking a shot on with the last attack will get mentioned plenty however Derry should have closed that game out and the non award of that penalty first half a big talking point now.

armaghniac

Quote from: Schkite on July 11, 2021, 05:45:21 PM
Some winner by McBrearty there. Harsh on Derry, but they left that win behind them, should have taken at least one goal.

As Msrty Clarke said, there would be a mistake or a hero to win it, at least Derry can say that at the end only something special ended it.
It s a big pity there is no back door, although Derry didn't always favour that route.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Would be interesting to know how many times Rory Gallagher spits into his hands during a match.

Every time he does it, I think he's going to grab a shovel.