Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Are Monaghan missing a few of their U20s, would expect them to be favourites for the Ulster title seeing as they won minor in 2018,19.

greatpoint

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2021, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: greatpoint on July 09, 2021, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2021, 08:56:40 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out and say Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pip them. Tyrone are in transition and not in the way that some teams are always in transition, a big transition from a huge presence in Harte to a new team and supposed new style of play. A lot of lads back fit for Cavan that missed league. I just have a sneaky suspicion there is a big game in Cavan. Could have major egg on face Sunday but sure thats my prediction anyway.

Wouldn't you actually have to commit to a prediction to stick your neck out? Saying that Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pick them is just hedging your bets. Which one is it?

If you say so. Do you need me to provide the exact score for my preduction to be acceptable?

No but it to stick your neck out surely the minimum is that you make a call one way or the other ?

Westside

Will a VPN work with GAAGO?

Schkite

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2021, 02:11:36 PM
Are Monaghan missing a few of their U20s, would expect them to be favourites for the Ulster title seeing as they won minor in 2018,19.

Yeah we were missing Aaron Mulligan (who's on the senior team), along with Sean Jones and Karl Gallagher (both injured). So it was a good win considering those would be 3 of the best forwards from that group, along with Irwin who got the 2 goals last night.

Milltown Row2

With Cavan now a div4 team and Tyrone a div 1 team, this should be handy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2021, 04:50:39 PM
With Cavan now a div4 team and Tyrone a div 1 team, this should be handy

Safe to say when Cavan bring this type of intensity to match they are more like a Division 1 team than division 4.

Hound

Umpire cost Cavan a clear goal chance on 15 mins. Played it back and looked pretty clear that Reilly kept the ball in. Feet were on the end line. So ball was not over it

MayoBuck

Cavan the better side so far, McCurry the best player on show.

Captain Obvious

McCurry causing serious damage. Marker needs to be changed.

Blowitupref

Tyrone 0-11 Cavan 0-7. Was even contest for the first 25 minutes. Since then a combination of Tyrone stepping it up and Cavan fading.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Following on twitter. Did Cavan get docked a point there for being mean huers or what?

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 10, 2021, 05:15:23 PM
Tyrone 0-11 Cavan 0-7. Was even contest for the first 25 minutes. Since then a combination of Tyrone stepping it up and Cavan fading.
Hardly insurmountable, theres goals in that Tyrone defence.

Schkite

Cavan were putting up a great game for the most part but Tyrone just moved ahead before the break there. A combination of Tyrone's attack getting a bit more ball in, and Cavan spurning a few great chances, they should be closer in all honesty if they were more clinical in front of goal.

I'm not sure if Cavan have the attack to punish it, but you could definitely see how that Tyrone defence will give up goal chances.

Hound

Kilpatrick's a right fielder. Haven't noticed him before.

Awful decision by the Cavan lad to punch the ball just before HT, when if he'd just gathered it, it was likely easy enough to round Morgan who was charging out