Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pip them. Tyrone are in transition and not in the way that some teams are always in transition, a big transition from a huge presence in Harte to a new team and supposed new style of play. A lot of lads back fit for Cavan that missed league. I just have a sneaky suspicion there is a big game in Cavan. Could have major egg on face Sunday but sure thats my prediction anyway.

armaghniac

Even money for Cavan +6 on Boylesports might not be a bad wager.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aaron Boone

And Cavan for me too.
Having that many Ulster titles is always worth a few points on the scoreboard.

nrico2006

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 08, 2021, 10:03:38 PM
And Cavan for me too.
Having that many Ulster titles is always worth a few points on the scoreboard.

How does that count for anything?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2021, 08:56:40 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out and say Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pip them. Tyrone are in transition and not in the way that some teams are always in transition, a big transition from a huge presence in Harte to a new team and supposed new style of play. A lot of lads back fit for Cavan that missed league. I just have a sneaky suspicion there is a big game in Cavan. Could have major egg on face Sunday but sure thats my prediction anyway.
Gonna do the same. Cavan by 2.

Gaafan2

Yous lot are delusional thinking Cavan can win this game. Tyrone will win easily but will not beat Donegal. As a previous poster stated, Tyrone always beat the underdog.

screenexile

No Conor McKenna? Is he injured?

Cavan19

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 08, 2021, 04:13:08 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on July 08, 2021, 03:51:44 PM
Cavan will be well beat got lucky last year with injuries, its a different story this year and the panel isn't good enough to compensate.

As the poster above said got beat by Wicklow a few weeks ago, that should tell you enough about the situation.
Ah don't be at that owl cute hoorism now ;)

It's not though we have lost to Wicklow, unless that was part of the plan !

You will see tomorrow evening anyway.

Blowitupref

U20 quarter final results from tonight.

Donegal 1-12 Tyrone 1-9
Cavan 0-9 Down 2-17
Fermanagh 2-13 Antrim 0-10
Derry 0-11 Monaghan 2-9

Semi final line up

Fermanagh v Down
Monaghan v Donegal
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Is it not a bit of a joke that the likes of down and Fermanagh, whose seniors were knocked out can then send their senior panel u20s back to their u20 teams where the counties still in the senior championship obviously cannot. Before someone accuses me of sour grapes,  I didn't even see any part of our u20 game tonight bar the starting teams on twitter.

rodney trotter

Cavan had Caoimhin McGovern and Sean McEvoy playing, who were involved with the Seniors. Cian Reilly and Oisin Brady weren't involved, probaly feature with the Seniors tomorrow.

That was a bad hammering for Cavan.  Down tipped to go far and have a strong management team, but Cavan shouldn't be losing at home by 14 pts.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 09, 2021, 10:17:04 PM
Cavan had Caoimhin McGovern and Sean McEvoy playing, who were involved with the Seniors. Cian Reilly and Oisin Brady weren't involved, probaly feature with the Seniors tomorrow.

That was a bad hammering for Cavan.  Down tipped to go far and have a strong management team, but Cavan shouldn't be losing at home by 14 pts.

Point is still valid, if your senior team were knocked out you had an advantage. I'm not suggesting it's a 14 pt advantage BTW. Pathetic result yet again for our u20s, a long way we are from 4 in a row now.

rodney trotter

It's just the way it was, with Covid delaying the return of games. There was no point delaying the U20 championship until October.
This game would usually have been played in Feb or March

Cavan have been really poor underage for a few years now. They took the eye off the ball and that wont be a good sign for future years at Senior level..

greatpoint

Wouldn't you actually have to commit to a prediction to stick your neck out? Saying that Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pick them is just hedging your bets. Which one is it?

Itchy

Quote from: greatpoint on July 09, 2021, 11:04:57 PM

Wouldn't you actually have to commit to a prediction to stick your neck out? Saying that Cavan will push Tyrone very close and might even pick them is just hedging your bets. Which one is it?

If you say so. Do you need me to provide the exact score for my preduction to be acceptable?