Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Would really love us to properly tank Antrim and run up a similar score to Donegal, Mayo and Kerry at the weekend and send a message. It's definitely in us to do it but I'd take any win at this stage!

Solo_run

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 28, 2021, 09:20:10 PM
Would really love us to properly tank Antrim and run up a similar score to Donegal, Mayo and Kerry at the weekend and send a message. It's definitely in us to do it but I'd take any win at this stage!

Let's keep our feet on the ground and focus on teams we have to play rather than who we might play  :o Don't think Kerry and Mayo will be worried about Armagh beating Antrim

Milltown Row2

Armagh should rack up a bigger score than Donegal's over Down, far bigger gulf between Armagh and Antrim.

Our seasons goals have been well met
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Solo_run on June 28, 2021, 09:27:25 PM

Let's keep our feet on the ground and focus on teams we have to play rather than who we might play  :o Don't think Kerry and Mayo will be worried about Armagh beating Antrim
More of a message for Monaghan tbh. Ulster final is where I think we should be getting at a minimum and putting in a decent performance in one.

Solo_run

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 28, 2021, 10:23:46 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 28, 2021, 09:27:25 PM

More of a message for Monaghan tbh. Ulster final is where I think we should be getting at a minimum and putting in a decent performance in one.

If we beat Antrim and do it with a bit to spare we woouldn't have learned anything for Monaghan. It is likely Fermanagh vs Monaghan will be dragging down to a dog fight. 

Captain Obvious

1,700 supporters to be at Sunday’s game in The Athletic Grounds. Better than 500 I suppose.

balladmaker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2021, 10:22:18 PM
1,700 supporters to be at Sunday's game in The Athletic Grounds. Better than 500 I suppose.

Any increase is welcome.  Is 1700 around 10% capacity?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: balladmaker on July 02, 2021, 02:11:15 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2021, 10:22:18 PM

1,700 supporters to be at Sunday's game in The Athletic Grounds. Better than 500 I suppose.

Any increase is welcome.  Is 1700 around 10% capacity?

1850 for 10%.

Blowitupref

HT Monaghan 1-11 Fermanagh 0-7. Jack McCarron with the goal
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 03, 2021, 04:09:21 PM
HT Monaghan 1-11 Fermanagh 0-7. Jack McCarron with the goal

Really doesn't look like any way Fermanagh will get the win here.

twohands!!!

McManus injury a worry for Monaghan.

Blowitupref

A routine victory for Monaghan their next match should be a lot tougher. FT Monaghan 1-21 Fermanagh 0-14. Hopefully the Conor McManus injury late on is nothing serious.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Schkite

Routine win in the end but we looked like we were just going through the motions at some points. Gave Fermanagh a decent amount of chances, and a team with better scorers would have punished us. The period after the 2nd half water break really killed the game when we upped the gear and scored a few more points. Big improvement needed for the Armagh game.

Strong performances from Mulligan and Lavelle on their championship debuts, O'Connell and Boyle also impressive.

The win is marred a little by McManus's injury though, hopefully it's not as bad as it looks. Hughes didn't look as bad but hopefully it's not too bad either.

Main Street

Monaghan were lax at the back and a better team would have racked up  an amount of scores, but at no time were Monaghan out of cruise control.
There were a fair few of Monaghan lads hitting the deck hurt after contact, would that be the McMenamin influence?

FermGael

That was a hard watch today.
Fermanagh seemed to be a bit clueless.
We didn't push up on the Monaghan kickouts first half and still conceded 1-11 in the first half.
When we eventually did we actually got a bit of success from it..
We should have had one, if not two, penalties but ultimately it didn't matter.
Major plus this year is that we have blooded alot of young players and stayed in division 3( thanks to catching Cavan on the hop ).

I would wonder whether Ricey will be there next year or not.
Seems a very nice fella but ultimately Fermanagh have a shocking record under his tenure.
One win last year in the league against Roscommon and one win this year against Cavan .

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered