Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 23, 2021, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 22, 2021, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 22, 2021, 05:41:11 PM
A shocking level of arrogance coming from the Armagh contingent here.

It's hardly arrogance to expect us to beat a division 4 team handily enough now is it

Over the last 11 years of championship, teams who played in Division 4 teams have beaten teams who played in Division 1 just twice.
Longford beating Mayo in 2010 and Carlow beating Kildare in 2018.
The Carlow game was notable in that Carlow didn't kick a single wide in the whole game.

I think Longford just relegated to D4 took Derry out who made D1 final in 2013-14?

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: Solo_run on June 24, 2021, 02:37:21 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 23, 2021, 08:29:01 PM

It's hardly arrogance to expect us to beat a division 4 team handily enough now is it

Over the last 11 years of championship, teams who played in Division 4 teams have beaten teams who played in Division 1 just twice.
Longford beating Mayo in 2010 and Carlow beating Kildare in 2018.
The Carlow game was notable in that Carlow didn't kick a single wide in the whole game.

I think Longford just relegated to D4 took Derry out who made D1 final in 2013-14?

There is little arrogance is expecting a division 1 team to beat a newly promoted division 3 team, there is a bit of a gap there at the moment in terms of quality of teams played over the past few weeks, but, winning does breed confidence and Antrim should not be underestimated. 
Donegal have to be favourites for Ulster though, and the run of games they will have if they continue to win should set them up well for a semi final against what you would assume Kerry, Mayo or Dublin. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

BennyCake

Ulster winners play Munster winners this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2021, 04:53:09 PM
Ulster winners play Munster winners this year.

Better than meeting Dublin I suppose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

I think Ulster play connacht.

rodney trotter

No, Ulster winners play Munster. Leinster v Connacht

snoopdog

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 24, 2021, 11:11:54 PM
Yep I see that on skysports.i thought I'd seen it as munster v leinster semi. As a Down man I wont have to worry about it my interest will finish on Sunday unfortunately.

Armagh18

Quote from: snoopdog on June 25, 2021, 08:51:47 AM
Yep I see that on skysports.i thought I'd seen it as munster v leinster semi. As a Down man I wont have to worry about it my interest will finish on Sunday unfortunately.
As if Croke Park want the Dubs meeting Kerry before the final!

Farrandeelin

Are the BBC covering the Ulster championship this year?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eire90

Rossfan

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 25, 2021, 09:17:08 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 25, 2021, 08:51:47 AM
As if Croke Park want the Dubs meeting Kerry before the final!
It's based on the old pre 2001 rotas.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Well I certainly did expect a smidgen of sarcasm detection.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 25, 2021, 10:01:52 AM
Are the BBC covering the Ulster championship this year?

Yes.

The TV coverage of the Men's Senior Ulster football Championship will start with the preliminary round match between Down and Donegal on Sunday 27 June. BBC Sport NI also has live coverage of the quarter finals - Monaghan v Fermanagh, Armagh v Antrim, Derry v Down/Donegal, the semi-final on Sunday 18 July as well as the Ulster Final on Sunday 01 August. All the games will be broadcast on BBC Two Northern Ireland

There will also be full deferred coverage of the other two games (Tyrone v Cavan, Saturday 10 July and the semi-final on Saturday 17 July) on BBC Two Northern Ireland later on those days.

Mark Sidebottom will present the television coverage and will be joined by All-Ireland winners Oisin McConville, Peter Canavan and Mickey Harte. Donegal's Martin McHugh, who lifted the Sam Maguire in 1992, will also provide analysis, as will former All-Star and All-Ireland finalist Martin Clarke.

Thomas Niblock will be on commentary with Thomas Kane providing live updates from the sideline.

Award winning broadcaster, Tessa Fleming, who has won club Championships in Meath, Louth and Monaghan, will be interviewing the players and managers before and after the matches.

Milltown Row2

You can't ask for more than that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I think 6 teams could possibly win Ulster.

Would definitely exclude Antrim and Fermanagh. Down are highly unlikely.

Donegal, Monaghan, Cavan, Derry, Armagh and Tyrone could string 3 wins (or 4) together like Cavan last year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.