Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2021, 10:09:49 AM
The tragic crash in Monaghan last night has put this game into perspective.

Truly horrible news..RIP Brendán Óg Duffy
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: Tubberman on July 17, 2021, 01:00:18 PM
Game going ahead according to Sky Sports.  Surprising

Game should be off as mark of respect. Are sky calling the shots here?

Mack the finger

Such devastating news. Hard to care about a game of football today.

Not sure what forces are at work, but thought game should have been postponed.
Hope it's not being played because of TV and financial pressures.
As Bob Dylan sang, Money doesn't talk, it swears.

Schkite

Can't believe the game is going ahead, greedy bastards

Solo_run

RIP to Brendan Og Duffy and condolences to his friends and family. I cannot believe this game is going ahead less than 24 since the death of their U20's captain. With how the season has been and the short timeframe to get the season completed you would think it was a GAA decision but perhaps the decision was left with Monaghan - who knows?

quit yo jibbajabba

Are Sky pullin the shots here? Disgraceful if it goes ahead....

J70

That is shocking that the game is proceeding. How can the Monaghan team be in any sort of mindset to play the match?

Poor lad and his family, friend and team mates. He must have been on such a high after an impressive comeback from his team.

Milltown Row2

I think looking in there are a lot of pressures at play here to keep the game on, not just the fact that it's a televised game, staff, players, stewards, policing and so on.

we would have for many years called games off at club level when there was a death in the club, nowadays these games are played in memory or in respect towards those that have passed.

This case is so tragic I'd assume the Monaghan players/board would have had the ultimate say in this, and their reasoning will have to be respected.

I hope the family of that young man find some comfort from his short but very successful life going forward, just so sad, there are no words
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

There are indeed no words.
R.I.P poor chap.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Heart-rending news about Brendan Óg, what a sudden end to a young life full of promise.

tonto1888

RIP to the young man. God only knows what his family is going through

Captain Obvious

Terrible news, out of respect the Monaghan v Armagh game today should be called off.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Horrific, RIP. Comhbhrón Muineachán  :'(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Armagh are handing this to Monaghan on a plate