GAA attendance 2021

Started by joemamas, June 09, 2021, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Yesterday was the highest no of cases in the 26 since early in the year. Large no in the 6 as well.
Hospital nos in the 26 around 190 (was about 40 mid June. ICU nos mid 20s.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on August 06, 2021, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 05, 2021, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 05, 2021, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 05, 2021, 06:18:10 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 05, 2021, 03:45:47 PM
Quote from: joemamas on August 05, 2021, 03:09:51 PM
From the Irish times today.
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

WTF, match this with the science that says you can only have 24k out of 82k in an outdoor stadium, with everyone wearing a mask.

There is no conflict in the science. Even with 24K, if you allow children in then you will have 5k unvaccinated persons, plenty of scope for substantial numbers of cases there.

Ask for proof of vaccination/negative covid test and open up fully

In somewhere the size of Croke park you could do both the present strategy and this. Proof of vaccine could get you a good seat between the 45s and every seat occupied, but those without this could be rather more scattered at the ends of the stadium. Then you could have more in the ground.

So a social credit system where the jabbed get better seats.

The jabbed ie those doing their bit to end this virus for all. How would you have viewed, for example, MMR anti-vaxers before Covid? Be honest
Wouldn't agree with them but wouldn't want them ostracised. Plus covid is far less deadly and the negative effects of the vaccine are far more unclear than with other illnesses. I've got my jab and getting the second soon but I think people should be in no way pressured into getting this vaccine.

Franko

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 06, 2021, 09:05:53 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

WTF, match this with the science that says you can only have 24k out of 82k in an outdoor stadium, with everyone wearing a mask.

There is no conflict in the science. Even with 24K, if you allow children in then you will have 5k unvaccinated persons, plenty of scope for substantial numbers of cases there.

In somewhere the size of Croke park you could do both the present strategy and this. Proof of vaccine could get you a good seat between the 45s and every seat occupied, but those without this could be rather more scattered at the ends of the stadium. Then you could have more in the ground.

The jabbed ie those doing their bit to end this virus for all. How would you have viewed, for example, MMR anti-vaxers before Covid? Be honest
Wouldn't agree with them but wouldn't want them ostracised. Plus covid is far less deadly and the negative effects of the vaccine are far more unclear than with other illnesses. I've got my jab and getting the second soon but I think people should be in no way pressured into getting this vaccine.

Not that I necessarily agree with this plan, there is a lot of hyperbole around this from the anti-vax brigade.

To say someone is being 'ostracised' because they might have to sit in the Canal End is a bit much.

They're not exactly walking up O'Connell street ringing a bell.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Franko on August 06, 2021, 09:15:22 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

Not that I necessarily agree with this plan, there is a lot of hyperbole around this from the anti-vax brigade.

To say someone is being 'ostracised' because they might have to sit in the Canal End is a bit much.

It's not deadly?? Tell that to the people who are getting their transplants or critical surgery postponed or cancelled because ICUs are full of arseholes who believe some shite on facebook rather than their doctor.

I wouldn't give them hospital treatment let alone a ticket for Croker.

Fear ón Srath Bán

88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

Seriously, and not even to mention the very well documented long covid health complications? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/fit-and-healthy-man-42-from-southport-who-rejected-vaccine-dies-of-covid
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thewobbler

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 06, 2021, 09:36:14 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

Seriously, and not even to mention the very well documented long covid health complications? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/fit-and-healthy-man-42-from-southport-who-rejected-vaccine-dies-of-covid

I don't like the angle being taken here. Twitter is similarly full to the gills of people using every day occurrences as proof that they're right.

They're not right.

Healthy, fit adults have always died. Always. It just happens.

If one third of the adult population have not been double jabbed, then circa one third of unexpected adult deaths will be from people who are unvaccinated.

They might still be idiotic for not taking the vaccine. They might still be selfish bastards for not taking the vaccine.

But a small percentage of healthy adults will always die in their forties. It is not a victory for the vaccinated when it happens to the "other side".

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thewobbler on August 06, 2021, 09:48:38 AM

I don't like the angle being taken here. Twitter is similarly full to the gills of people using every day occurrences as proof that they're right.

They're not right.

If one third of the adult population have not been double jabbed, then circa one third of unexpected adult deaths will be from people who are unvaccinated.

They might still be idiotic for not taking the vaccine. They might still be selfish bastards for not taking the vaccine.

But a small percentage of healthy adults will always die in their forties. It is not a victory for the vaccinated when it happens to the "other side".

Yes, no argument there, but are you actually saying that COVID-19 is not a deadly affliction, potentially?

armaghniac

This type of spin continually appears. If you were going to divide your stadium into sections then of course you would try and put the biggest crowd in the seats where most people who prefer to sit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 06, 2021, 09:36:14 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

They're not right.

This is true with individual cases and I wouldn't be in favour of using them as proof. However the proof of around 17% unvaccinated causing up to 60-70% of hospital admissions is a different matter. One that spells a very clear larger picture than any individual case.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyCake

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 06, 2021, 09:32:12 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

It's not deadly?? Tell that to the people who are getting their transplants or critical surgery postponed or cancelled because ICUs are full of arseholes who believe some shite on facebook rather than their doctor.

Just because some people are sceptical about vaccines, doesn't mean they're not following the right advice as regards masks, distancing etc, and keeping themselves and others safe.

I've noticed a vast difference in the behaviour of  a lot of people who are double jabbed, in recent weeks. All advice, mask wearing, etc have been totally abandoned .

So,  who are the  arseholes?

thewobbler

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 06, 2021, 09:59:44 AM

They're not right.

Yes, no argument there, but are you actually saying that COVID-19 is not a deadly affliction, potentially?

No I'm not. Covid would seem to have a knack of speeding things up in terms of exploiting a preexistihg, possibly dormant condition. How quickly is hard to say.

My main point is that the ultra-vaccers (those who spend their days harping on about it) can't seem to help using any death that crops up, to score points for their "team". They're basically ignoring the simple, uncontrollable fact that some humans will die young, and some of those will have shown no signs of weakness right up to the point of dying. It's abhorrent.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on August 06, 2021, 01:33:29 PM

They're not right.

No I'm not. Covid would seem to have a knack of speeding things up in terms of exploiting a preexistihg, possibly dormant condition. How quickly is hard to say.

My main point is that the ultra-vaccers (those who spend their days harping on about it) can't seem to help using any death that crops up, to score points for their "team". They're basically ignoring the simple, uncontrollable fact that some humans will die young, and some of those will have shown no signs of weakness right up to the point of dying. It's abhorrent.
It was a strategy used by anti-vaccers as well, highlight individual cases of clotting etc. It's not unique to one side of the debate. Most logical people will look at the bigger picture that eliminates these outliers.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear ón Srath Bán

Technically, a 'co-morbidity', which is a minority of deaths attributable to greater or lesser degrees to Covid.

There is no shortage of deaths directly attributable to Covid, unfortunately, so it's not like there is any difficulty in finding cases, particularly those who have succumbed having stridently rejected the efficacy of vaccines. Right now, hospital wards in Florida are full of them, for example.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 06, 2021, 02:10:43 PM

They're not right.

It was a strategy used by anti-vaccers as well, highlight individual cases of clotting etc. It's not unique to one side of the debate. Most logical people will look at the bigger picture that eliminates these outliers.

Exactly. Our fallen comrade used to put articles on of low numbers of cases of the vaccine going wrong. It's the same in any of these arguments. I would get the vaccine but I can understand some reasons why some wouldn't (not the tin foil hat theories like they're all trying to control us and the vaccine is part of a bigger picture etc).

Hound

Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2021, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 06, 2021, 09:32:12 AM
88% have had first dose
75% fully vaccinated.

Just because some people are sceptical about vaccines, doesn't mean they're not following the right advice as regards masks, distancing etc, and keeping themselves and others safe.

I've noticed a vast difference in the behaviour of  a lot of people who are double jabbed, in recent weeks. All advice, mask wearing, etc have been totally abandoned .

So,  who are the  arseholes?
How many times have you repeated this nonsense over the last few weeks Benny??

I love the way you are able to pick out the vaccinated from the unvaccinated so you can compare their behaviours 😀

Or maybe you've come up with a complete fabrication to further your nonsense theory?