The Ched Evans Thread

Started by Franko, November 19, 2014, 10:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

AZOffaly

I suspect the person that started it pulled it.

deiseach

Aaron Boone

Ched is in a real limbo. Maybe he should look for a team abroad?

deiseach

He's not going to walk back into a team after a couple of years of doing porridge. But as soon as he gets back to peak fitness and the fuss has died down (as it always does) someone will sign him.

screenexile

Paul Heaton
17 November at 17:02 ·
It is with great regret that I announce my resignation as patron of Sheffield United Community Foundation.
I would firstly like to salute the bravery of my fellow Blades and patrons in resigning their positions and in particular Charlie Webster, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Lindsay Graham, in standing up for victims of rape everywhere.
I firmly believe that Ched Evans has the right to rebuild his career in football but rebuilding a career should not involve walking straight out of prison and into the shirt of the club he so badly let down.
I believe he needs to move away and move on, and the club itself needs to lift its reputation out of the gutter.
As a way of showing a lead to others involved in this torrid affair, I will be donating my fee from this month's Sheffield City Hall gig to Sheffield Rape Crisis Centre.
Finally, I would like to thank the Foundation for its continued hard work in the Sheffield community and wish them the very best for the future.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/20/ched-evans-training-offer-withdrawn-sheffield-united

He should go to Turkey or somewhere he can start his career again. England is going to be too much of a circus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Now the circus is at Oldham. It is like something out of mythology, the whole story.
He is condemned to walk the earth. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2015, 11:12:41 AM
Now the circus is at Oldham. It is like something out of mythology, the whole story.

The 'earth' being the UK, seeing as he's not allowed leave the country. I'm amazed those haters of all things politically correct in Windsor Park have not rallied to his cause.

Mikhail Prokhorov

he needs to look for a different career

michaelg

Quote from: deiseach on January 05, 2015, 01:52:30 PM

The 'earth' being the UK, seeing as he's not allowed leave the country. I'm amazed those haters of all things politically correct in Windsor Park have not rallied to his cause.
What the f**k has this got to do with Northern Ireland football fans?  What a ridiculous comment.

deiseach

Quote from: michaelg on January 05, 2015, 06:20:10 PM

What the f**k has this got to do with Northern Ireland football fans?  What a ridiculous comment.

I was referring to Linfield.

Orior

Seemed like a fair comment to me. Maybe someone not hated by the OWC mods could have a look to see what they say on their web forum
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

michaelg

Quote from: Orior on January 05, 2015, 06:50:12 PM

Seemed like a fair comment to me. Maybe someone not hated by the OWC mods could have a look to see what they say on their web forum
What exactly do you expect them to be saying? 

moysider

Things appear to be coming to the boil today at Oldham.

A lot is being made of him not showing remorse and apologising. He d be crazy to apologise if he believes he was wrongly convicted, wouldn t he?
If he had apologised he d have been back playing already imo.