Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Only maybe Ulster football games. We don't have that many supporters in antrim :(

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2021, 06:59:19 PM
Only maybe Ulster football games. We don't have that many supporters in antrim :(

Now is the time to get them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

A fella on Twitter under a BBC report said it was would be filled every week as it won't just be county matches but will also be used for junior championship finals etc  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 28, 2021, 07:52:21 PM
A fella on Twitter under a BBC report said it was would be filled every week as it won't just be county matches but will also be used for junior championship finals etc  ;D

Hope for you yet lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StPatsAbu

Let the gravy train commence. Will be like Croker where every skanger in the country had their fingers in the pie and it made millions for Sean Quinn despite supplying nothing.

RedHand88

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 28, 2021, 07:34:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 28, 2021, 04:16:59 PM
Great to see Nichola Mallon and her SDLP team push this through. Shows you what can be done when we get the right people into the right positions.
Let's hope it is more successful (and lawful) than the previous one that Mark H Durkan and his SDLP team pushed through that ended in an embarrassing shitshow.

Ha!  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: dec on July 28, 2021, 06:52:35 PM
How many times per year will it get a 34,500 crowd?

Maybe once, if the Ulster final is played there. I doubt any other game would sell out there. At a push, an Ulster semi depending on the teams involved.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: StPatsAbu on July 28, 2021, 08:13:15 PM
Let the gravy train commence. Will be like Croker where every skanger in the country had their fingers in the pie and it made millions for Sean Quinn despite supplying nothing.
Explain how

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Everytime i think of Casement I can't get Beetlejuice Ní Cuilín's bake out of my head. oul scare the wains

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 28, 2021, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 28, 2021, 10:14:33 PM
Everytime i think of Casement I can't get Beetlejuice Ní Cuilín's bake out of my head. oul scare the wains
It would be hard for anyone to defend Caral Ní Chuilin's role in this saga. She is one of a number of people who failed this project.
Attacking her appearance like you have paints a particular picture of you however. And it isn't good.

Come on , a good visit to the hairdresser's would have done her no harm . Work colleague of mines used to call her that . I giggled at the time , I might have poor sense of humour I'll give you that , but I'd not stretch it

Wildweasel74

Hate going to games in Casement Park, brutal to get out off and no decent pubs, Always preferred Clones. It be full for fball for a ulster final and maybe 1 semi with Armagh to me a better evenue for the other semi. How many concerts would it get in a year. Basically like Croke Park, slap on the middle of a residential area.

rrhf

Get Bono lined up for West Belfast.... he brings a very powerful message with him on all sorts of things.. .

RadioGAAGAA

Hard to get excited when every single facet of this is wrong.

- Not the stadium Antrim need.
- Not a stadium Ulster need.
- A complete waste of public money that is badly needed elsewhere.
- A stadium that will only drive up ticket prices.
- A process that alienates the neighbours before it starts.

Well done Ulster Council. I don't think you could have f**ked it up any more. Yet you continue to insist on travelling down this path.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Do you think Croke park is a viable location?
How many times a year is Clones used?
Do you not think the second city needs to be 'upgraded'?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

6th sam

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 01, 2021, 09:39:31 AM
I don't think the GAA are being honest with themselves about the funding issue. I suppose they don't have much of a choice but to completely brass neck it as they have catapulted themselves down a blind alley with this stadium.

The only argument they have left is that soccer & rugby got their grounds developed so the GAA deserve to have theirs completed too.
The major difference is that neither Windsor nor Ravenhill ran over budget to almost double the original cost.
The GAA made a mess of their development and I can entirely understand the objection to rewarding this failure by doubling the funding, especially when the GAA itself refuses to add any further funds.
There is no doubt that if the shoe was on the other foot the GAA would be going nuts about it and rightly so IMO.

I've probably changed my mind on casement over the years.

I know it's a ridiculously simple comparison , because money presumably can't be reallocated , but imagine if the expected £150m spend on Casement was spent on grass roots including facilities development , game's development, community development, local employment, how much more it would help our association.
The only argument for a 34k facility is if it results in income generation and GAA promotion that helps the GAA and the community .
Clones is a more than adequate location for the one day in the year That it's filled.
Plough a few more £££ into Corrigan, for a quality ~10k stadium .
Sell casement.
Release government funds pro-rata to counties for facilities and grassroots development.

Much more sustainable model going forward ,