Ticketmaster

Started by Jinxy, June 24, 2010, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/fan-outcry-as-online-charges-heaped-on-childrenrsquos-prices-2232618.html

Can anyone tell me why they add on a €3 service charge even if you print off your own ticket?
There's no printing, postage etc. cost for them.
It's daylight robbery pure and simple.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

I hate buying of these thieving gits as well
I presume they have very small overheads especially with the online orders

They should only make the phone call orders have charges I think but as with everything in Ireland they'll get away with it til we ALL make a stand

Thankfully I dont have to use them much of late
Will Sunday be a sell out. Can't see it

Jinxy

I'm done with them anyway.
It's a good system in terms of convenience but the service charge is absolutely ridiculous.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

I've never used them and won't unless I'm completely desperate.

I know some of the mad nordies here aren't GAA members, but surely you can go to your provincial council for the early games?

bigfrank

this post will prob be never seen but does anyone know the following

can gaa tickets only be bought online using a credit card???? i mean for the tyrone v dubs game on sat...bought snow patrol tickets few months ago using maestro bank card

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: bigfrank on July 26, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
this post will prob be never seen but does anyone know the following

can gaa tickets only be bought online using a credit card???? i mean for the tyrone v dubs game on sat...bought snow patrol tickets few months ago using maestro bank card

Was just looking at ticketmaster myself there bigfrank, i like using it because at least now you can tell where you will be sitting come Saturday and at least you have a bit of choice if you get your speak in early with ticketmaster.  Always a gamble waiting on the club ticket allocations i find because you could end up with crap seats as its more or less a completely random ticket you get.

As far as im aware, you always have to use a credit card to buy off ticketmaster but maybe im wrong?

That Euro 3.50 Service charge though burns me up having to pay it but in the long run it might be worth it as come Friday, the club could be handing out tickets for the front row of the canal end right behind the goalposts  ;D.  No good that either.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

bigfrank

yeah we have to have our names in with club 2nite...know rightly i never better the ones available online...bottom deck of cusack looks very appealin at min lol

tickets can be bought using maestro/bank card from ticketmaster uk but not from ie....just did some research there now to find out...have 2 hit mate for his credit card now  :P

DoireGael

The charge is a disgrace. You have to wonder does Ticketmaster have any competition.

This is there official reasoning behind it by the looks of it......

Service Charge Why are these charges levied?
The charges pay for our credit/debit card processing services, merchant fees, distribution network, the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labour and all other costs associated with the ticket transaction.

Service Charges are also shared with ticket outlets that use our equipment to make tickets available locally.

If we incur ticket delivery costs, these will be included in the Order Processing Fee. Examples include postage and packaging, or the support of newer delivery methods such as ticketFast, where scanning hardware is required at participating venues.

Maguire01

I'm assuming if the face value of a GAA ticket is €30, then €30 goes to the GAA. The service charge is Ticketmaster's cut. It's a pain in the ass, but they're not going to do it for nothing.

I bought my ticket on Saturday at the GAA's ticket shop up on the main road. €30 and no extras.

GroverJr

USE THE GAA TICKET OFFICE - DUBLIN 8717400 Instead of TM - they have started charging a service chg but its cheaper. They will e-mail out tickets too.
Pretty much the same crappy seats as TM have though.

Puckoon

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2010, 10:27:52 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/fan-outcry-as-online-charges-heaped-on-childrenrsquos-prices-2232618.html

Can anyone tell me why they add on a €3 service charge even if you print off your own ticket?
There's no printing, postage etc. cost for them.
It's daylight robbery pure and simple.

Just got scalped for $11.50 for two tickets to a college ball game, plus another 4$ that I am not sure about.

Nevada Wolf Pack Football vs. CAL
Mackay Stadium -  University of Nevada - Reno
Reno, NV
USA
Friday ,  9/17/10 , 7:00PM
General Admssion

vs. CAL

Section   Row   Seat       Price
SGA9    ADM    763    $30.00
SGA9    ADM    764    $30.00

Total Convenience Fee for 2 seats $11.50
Price for 2 seats $71.50
----------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal : $71.50
Order Processing : $4.00
Total : $75.50
Deliver To:

imtommygunn

It's bordering on theft what ticketmaster are doing. They disgust me.

Why a cost per ticket and not per transaction? Would it not be fair to assume they're charging you for the credit card fees that will be levied upon them?

To be honest something has to be done about it. I bought Oxegen tickets the other year and it cost me about 14 euros. There's bound to be watchdog or someone who could do something about it.

Radda bout yeee

Is there any way of getting preference to buy tickets a little bit earlier than they go on sale?
Eg. Chilli Pepper tickets tomorrow?

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2010, 09:46:20 PMTo be honest something has to be done about it. I bought Oxegen tickets the other year and it cost me about 14 euros. There's bound to be watchdog or someone who could do something about it.

I saw Watchdog a few months ago about these rip off charges. Airlines were the worst. I thought, ah they're going to look into this finally. Nope, they just gave examples of such charges then moved onto something else. something needs to be done. Apparently Ryanair charge £5 per flight, £10 for a return. feckin ridiculous!

PAULD123

I was told by the Croke Park ticket office last year that they were changing service providers from Ticketmaster to Tickets.ie because of the service charges. In fact they actually made the change last year around May/June because it mucked around a lot of season ticket holders. I wonder what happened to this?