The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2021, 11:13:47 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 04, 2021, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 04, 2021, 12:48:48 PM
Same hoors will be dragged back when Sinead turns 70.......even if RTE have to exhume a few.
Like her or not, at least Sinéad, one among many Irish traditional singers, is/was a talent. Geldof has zilch to offer as a legacy.
Wild horses wouldn't have dragged me to one of their gigs. He was always 2nd division, then got demoted ignominiously to the Leinster League.
He's been recognised already for the Live Aid thing, that was 35 years ago.

Don't despair just yet, Johnny Fean must be touching 70 ;D
I love Sinead but in truth, most people could name no more than two songs of hers, and one of those was written by Prince.
Most people like you Sid probably, but in truth she's in the elite when it comes to renditions of traditional Irish songs.

Milltown Row2

Stopped watching this when Gay retired, even then it was a few years before that, Norton can be good, but actually I've more or less stopped watching these types of shows as very rarely they'd have an A lister or a decent interesting guest. As for the questions they ask, it's embarrassing at times.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2021, 11:10:24 PM
Quote from: tiempo on October 04, 2021, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2021, 01:11:11 PM
Quote from: tiempo on October 04, 2021, 12:55:51 PM
Its gonna be some craic watching the establishment squirm when SF romp the next election, maybe they can clear house on some of this propagandist horse shit
No political party in Ireland uses propaganda more has been more oppressed by propaganda than Sinn Fein.

Fixed that for you

Section 31 ring a bell?
On that basis, I presume you'd think the Kinahans, or anti-vaxxers or, hey, ISIS, are oppressed by propaganda.

Weak

BennyCake

Same hoors will be dragged back when Sinead turns 70.......even if RTE have to exhume a few.
Like her or not, at least Sinéad, one among many Irish traditional singers, is/was a talent. Geldof has zilch to offer as a legacy.
Wild horses wouldn't have dragged me to one of their gigs. He was always 2nd division, then got demoted ignominiously to the Leinster League.

I love Sinead but in truth, most people could name no more than two songs of hers, and one of those was written by Prince.

She's got some mileage out of that Prince song! 31 years and counting!  Can't stand the woman. A vastly overrated attention seeker, who continually gets wheeled out for big occasions for some strange inexplicable reason

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 04, 2021, 10:51:50 AM
I recorded it and fast forwarded.

The guests were strange. Like Andrea and Imelda........wha?

Shur, they weren't born when the Rats were having hits. No Pete Holidai, no Blades, no Tom Dunne.

It was just fluff....and pukey at times for sure.

Did Imelda do one of her 'po-emms'?

3 ex UK PMs and no ex Teashops. It's bad when even Bertie didn't get the nod.

Ringo Starr is 81. He looks 60. What's the story?

I heard he was togging out for the Guish at the weekend.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2021, 10:03:41 AM

She's got some mileage out of that Prince song! 31 years and counting!  Can't stand the woman. A vastly overrated attention seeker, who continually gets wheeled out for big occasions for some strange inexplicable reason

Benny, She has lots more songs and albums maybe open your mind a bit. Like saying poques only had thst one sing fairytale of new York.

seafoid

Geldof is a bit like Feargal Sharkey. Championship standard music but built a very impressive career off the back of it.
Plus in Geldof's case there was unbearable personal tragedy.
He is more interesting than Bono.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Silver hill

Caught the late late last night.
Have to say, the unrehearsed ballad that Finbar furey and John  Sheehan played in tribute to Paddy Maloney was incredible.
Very moving and a moment that made me very proud to be Irish.

BennyCake

Quote from: Silver hill on October 16, 2021, 08:12:01 AM
Have to say, the unrehearsed ballad that Finbar furey and John  Sheehan played in tribute to Paddy Maloney was incredible.

That stopped me in my tracks.  Absolutely brilliant, that was.

Instead of TLLS having specials for Geldof's birthday or that awful valentines night thing, bring these guys and their mates in and have a night with them. The Irish musical legends are slipping away one by one. We need to treasure them while they are still here. So get them all together and showcase the incredible talent this country has.

Silver hill

Quote from: BennyCake on October 16, 2021, 09:57:45 AM

That stopped me in my tracks.  Absolutely brilliant, that was.

Instead of TLLS having specials for Geldof's birthday or that awful valentines night thing, bring these guys and their mates in and have a night with them. The Irish musical legends are slipping away one by one. We need to treasure them while they are still here. So get them all together and showcase the incredible talent this country has.

Hear hear

6th sam

Different class .
Absolutely amazing spontaneous unrehearsed tribute by them.

Sé mo laoch rendition also brilliant.

Paddy moloney was a genuine world superstar. Debbie Harry's tribute said it all. When it comes to music we really punch above our weight on the world stage .

Rudi

Yer man coked off his head wearing a sarong.

BennyCake

Mario Bollocksack, holy mother of Jesus!!

FermGael

Christy Moore.
First song and he gets stuck in straight away.

Ryan looking very uncomfortable....

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyCake on November 19, 2021, 10:10:40 PM
Mario Bollocksack, holy mother of Jesus!!

Changed channel when he came on. It's like they have guests on rotation.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.