Bomb attack on psni in Strabane

Started by smort, November 18, 2022, 01:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Was originally going to post this in the wtf thread

It is being assumed that this was carried out by the IRA. Why would they be doing this now? Is the plan not to keep the head down and let the DUP bring about a united Ireland

Is there any chance it could be a stitch up like the bomb attack on the disused orange hall outside Magherafelt was rumoured to be?

RedHand88

It's Strabanistan. Anything is possible.

Franko

Quote from: smort on November 18, 2022, 01:11:03 PM

It is being assumed that this was carried out by the IRA. Why would they be doing this now? Is the plan not to keep the head down and let the DUP bring about a united Ireland

Is there any chance it could be a stitch up like the bomb attack on the disused orange hall outside Magherafelt was rumoured to be?

That's a hell of an assumption to make???

If I'm gonna take a guess at it (and it is a guess) - some Eirigi-esque midget-brained dissidents are responsible

If that's the case, there's no point in debating the political logic of it

Snapchap

The "New IRA". One of the tiny dissident groupings. They carry out these sort of futile, failed attacks every so often.

Eire90

wouldn't be surprise if some obscure dissident group (who may be a new ira proxy) claim responsibility.

Silver hill

Thanks

'Assumed' by whom....... You and who else?
Are you deliberately trying to stir the pot or just ignorant?
Would suggest you remove that post as completely unfounded

Eire90

people online calling it a false not saying its not but imagine if internet was around during troubles every attack would be called a false flag  (not saying some false flags did happen during the troubles)

Armagh18

Why is it presumed ira? Was it not the loyalists last week saying they would scrap all their ceasefires?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 02:05:19 PM
Why is it presumed ira? Was it not the loyalists last week saying they would scrap all their ceasefires?

So do you think it was Jamie and his mates running around Strabane throwing bombs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smort

Quote from: Silver hill on November 18, 2022, 01:55:14 PM

Was in the car over lunch and they were talking about it on TalkBack. They said that it would be assumed that this was new IRA

Is this not a discussion forum? I'll not be removing the post. It's surely a genuine discussion point? I'm not trying to stir the pot

Eire90

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 02:05:19 PM

Because it was in the middle of a republican area targetting the psni 

Taylor

Quote from: smort on November 18, 2022, 02:24:59 PM

Was in the car over lunch and they were talking about it on TalkBack. They said that it would be assumed that this was new IRA

Is this not a discussion forum? I'll not be removing the post. It's surely a genuine discussion point? I'm not trying to stir the pot

So it was the new IRA?

OP said it was the IRA.

We know there are distinct differences

smort

Quote from: Taylor on November 18, 2022, 02:30:23 PM

So it was the new IRA?

OP said it was the IRA.

Careless OP, yes. New IRA

But a lot of people won't care, or know, about the differences

Eire90

it could have been that arm na phoblachta group

Silver hill

Quote from: smort on November 18, 2022, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 18, 2022, 02:30:23 PM

So it was the new IRA?

OP said it was the IRA.

Careless OP, yes. New IRA

But a lot of people won't care, or know, about the differences

Yes, a subtle difference but very important to include the 'new' part.