Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 29, 2022, 11:59:35 AM
Maybe im reading wrong but it doesnt actually specify if it was adults or the children that were the problem...

Unless a 10 year old whacked the ref with a hurl, you know the answer to that.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 02, 2022, 12:00:02 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 29, 2022, 11:59:35 AM
Maybe im reading wrong but it doesnt actually specify if it was adults or the children that were the problem...

Unless a 10 year old whacked the ref with a hurl, you know the answer to that.

Was just thinking of a brawl that got outa hand but hey you do you

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on October 15, 2022, 03:28:29 PM
https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2022/10/13/westport-win-gaa-appeal-over-under-17-teams-removal-from-mayo-championship/

Disgraceful decision by the Mayo county board

What's disgraceful? That they have been reinstated or that they were banned in the first place?

The appeals process has to be followed and leads to provincial then Croke, so it may not be the Mayo county board who have reinstated them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2022, 08:31:43 AM
https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2022/10/13/westport-win-gaa-appeal-over-under-17-teams-removal-from-mayo-championship/

What's disgraceful? That they have been reinstated or that they were banned in the first place?

The appeals process has to be followed and leads to provincial then Croke, so it may not be the Mayo county board who have reinstated them

It's disgraceful that Westport appealed it in the first place

It's disgraceful that the County board overturned a 96 week suspension

It's disgraceful that Westport were allowed back into the competition

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2022, 08:31:43 AM

punish the individual, but anyone looking to throw a bunch of children out of a championship they've been probably dreaming of their whole lives can f**k right off

Wildweasel74

Not at all, we lose a underage game many yrs ago cause some names on the team sheet werent in Irish, its the clubs responsibility for its underage team, its not saying what happened in this game but if he assaulted by a team mentor as in Roscommon the team gonna go with him.

Eire90

Armagh18

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 17, 2022, 07:53:05 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on October 17, 2022, 03:45:33 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/1016/1329597-munster-gaa-investigating-alleged-assault-of-u9-player/

looks the gaa have a serious problem  with psychopaths in its organization
Jesus. Hopefully nothing to it. That is crazy

I just read this elsewhere. Says the Garda were contacted with an allegation of an adult grabbing a 9-year-old by the throat. Obviously, that doesn't mean it happened like that but it sounds terrible. Imagine if that was your lad.

I know things happen in other sports too, saw young lads act the arse last weekend in the soccer, but the GAA needs a serious change in how it operates very quickly.

johnnycool

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 17, 2022, 01:51:22 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/1016/1329597-munster-gaa-investigating-alleged-assault-of-u9-player/

I just read this elsewhere. Says the Garda were contacted with an allegation of an adult grabbing a 9-year-old by the throat. Obviously, that doesn't mean it happened like that but it sounds terrible. Imagine if that was your lad.

I know things happen in other sports too, saw young lads act the arse last weekend in the soccer, but the GAA needs a serious change in how it operates very quickly.

In Thurles?

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on October 17, 2022, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 17, 2022, 01:51:22 PM

In Thurles?

Yeah, that's the one I read

Captain Scarlet

This is always the alleged side of things and I know Admin will need to keep an eye on this.

But if this alleged assault is as per reports, then this individual should see the inside of a cell for a bit. And any GAA members who are anything less than helpful in the case should face action too.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

full moon

Interesting this is making national news. Is that a sign how dominant GAA is these days.

Much of this stuff happens even worse in soccer particularly referee abuse from players.