Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

whitey

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 07, 2021, 05:51:25 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 07, 2021, 02:30:57 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on September 07, 2021, 11:04:37 AM
https://www.mayonews.ie/comment-opinion/de-facto/37273-mayo-dismantling-appalling-gaa-structures

I think whitey wrote this.

I have no problem with Dublin or how they play the game

I have a problem with the match officials not doing their jobs

Realistically the last day-he missed 4 red cards for Dublin and one for Mayo

(1 for McCarthy, 2 for John Small and one for Paddy Small. DOC could have gotten a red for a very high challenge near the end. Dublin yellow for the pull back was a yellow, but  a few years ago Keegan was given a lack for exactly the same foul)

I remember the dubs and mayo 2019 I think. Matthew Ruane punched O'Callaghan  in stomach, Kevin McLoughlin stood  on Neil Scully and O'connor got his customary high tackle and got the line. It bit rich coming from mayo. One of the most cynical outfits  and get away with 9/10 times. Yet to see referee pull them up on constantly standing over opposition taking quick frees. Kevin McLoughlin King of this.

We could go on and on

Johnny Coopers leg break attempt on DOC

Tom Parsons getting 7 stitches after an otb incident with "the Saint"

Mayo player getting a broker nose in an other OTB incident with "the Saint"

Colm Boyle getting 3 thumps in the face off "the Saint" after winning the penalty during the drawn semi final game

MDMA clothes lining COC and then body slamming him to the ground

But back to the Liam McNally article you accused me of writing-more than one neutral observer of that game claim that the referee missed at least 3 if not 4 straight reds for the Dubs

Captain Obvious

Quote from: whitey on September 07, 2021, 06:09:12 PM
https://www.mayonews.ie/comment-opinion/de-facto/37273-mayo-dismantling-appalling-gaa-structures

(1 for McCarthy, 2 for John Small and one for Paddy Small. DOC could have gotten a red for a very high challenge near the end. Dublin yellow for the pull back was a yellow, but  a few years ago Keegan was given a lack for exactly the same foul)

I remember the dubs and mayo 2019 I think. Matthew Ruane punched O'Callaghan  in stomach, Kevin McLoughlin stood  on Neil Scully and O'connor got his customary high tackle and got the line. It bit rich coming from mayo. One of the most cynical outfits  and get away with 9/10 times. Yet to see referee pull them up on constantly standing over opposition taking quick frees. Kevin McLoughlin King of this.

We could go on and on

Colm Boyle getting 3 thumps in the face off "the Saint" after winning the penalty during the drawn semi final game

But back to the Liam McNally article you accused me of writing-more than one neutral observer of that game claim that the referee missed at least 3 if not 4 straight reds for the Dubs

What your point lads, that Dublin and Mayo thrive on thuggery behaviour?

TheGreatest

We could go on and on

Its like the WWF...

Id say the Mayo lads are just blowing off steam and taking the opportunity to say and write these type of articles etc as they have beaten Dublin, finally, Dublin have inflicted a lot of hurt on Mayo people (and players :) )over the years.

Dublin are no angels we all know that, Us Dublin fans know that, but they deliver all Irelands and gave the fans the best decade of their lives which probably wont be replicated for awhile.

Beating  Dublin counts for nothing though unless the AI is won, its not Kerry, its not Dublin, in 2012, to my knowledge Donegal were favorites, now Mayo are favorites to take it home and best of luck to them.

shark

No dog in this fight. Watched, and enjoyed, all of the Mayo Dublin games as a neutral observer. The whinging here is pathetic. But nowhere close to that article in Mayo News, which is like something I'd expect from an eight year old in the playground. All of the top teams are well able to give it, and take it.

hoynevalley

We could go on and on

Your not wrong.  I just wondering  did Mcnally write articles on Mayo cynical play?

whitey

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 11, 2021, 01:36:45 PM

We could go on and on

Your not wrong.  I just wondering  did Mcnally write articles on Mayo cynical play?

Probably not

His article is a bunch of manure

My contention is that if you play on the edge be prepared to accept the consequences.

The ref (according to several neutral observers) bottled 4 red cards for Dublin during the semifinal

hoynevalley

Quote from: whitey on September 11, 2021, 02:15:38 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on September 11, 2021, 01:36:45 PM

We could go on and on

Probably not

His article is a bunch of manure

My contention is that if you play on the edge be prepared to accept the consequences.

The ref (according to several neutral observers) bottled 4 red cards for Dublin during the semifinal

Listen I be be worrying about the referee tonight.  Enjoy the celebrations tonight 👌

hoynevalley

Con O'Callaghan should got black on Keegan. Byrne on McLoughlin pulled the jersey and McLoughlin dived to ground . That is not black card.

dublin7

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 11, 2021, 04:42:17 PM

Con O'Callaghan should got black on Keegan. Byrne on McLoughlin pulled the jersey and McLoughlin dived to ground . That is not black card.
Does it really matter? Mayo got the benefit of a dodgy referee, but against Tyrone they got found out. Without a top quality forward they'll won f**k all even with help from the officials