Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 27, 2021, 02:32:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 01:40:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:50:32 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 25, 2021, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:21:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 11:26:34 AM
I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

Did I say there were?

You don't even have the courage of your convictions. Throw a vague line out, then when it's picked up on, backtrack like f**k. You can't make a coherent argument to support your position.

I think yourself (and others) need to read what is actually in a post,  before resorting to insults and name calling.

Nope, your post implied Doctors being struck of for linking MMR with autism shouldn't have been. Is that the case? If not then not sure why you'd bring it into the discussion. Happy for you to clarify.

No, I didn't imply that. You implied I said that. I brought it up as an example, whereby if medical people might have their own thoughts/concerns on certain vaccines/medication (or even alternative therapy not approved by the NHS), then they dare not say it publicly or to their patients. Going against the grain could mean being struck off.

I mean, we all know about charms. Would your doctor  advice you chuck your ointment in the bin and go see the local man with an apparent charm for psoriasis or whatever? I'd seriously doubt it. Many of us have used them though even if they're not exactly approved by medical experts. Now, I'd doubt a doctor would be sacked for advocating charms, but still, it's not exactly promoted by experts.
If you went to a doctor and there was a scientifically proven treatment for your condition, and they ignored that and instead prescribed you go and rub the bark of a 800 year old oak tree then yes they should be struck off. Same with a doctor not supporting the vaccine program. I'm still really lost on what your point is? Are you trying to argue that there's doctors out there who might not support the vaccine and the proof of this, is that there is no proof as they don't want to be struck off?

I was merely answering your question. And who knows, maybe there are. Clots have been linked to the vaccine, so a patient at risk of clots may be at risk after taking the vaccine. Some doctors might have concerns for such patients in that situation.
It was you that threw up the reference to doctors and MMR so I'm still a bit lost to the relevance of what point you are trying to make. Do you really think there isn't a process for patients who have a history of clots? I mean come on.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2021, 03:31:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2021, 02:08:47 PM
Mods need to step in here. There is science and fact and then there is this nonsense of fake news. It isn't balance. It isn't free speech. There is no other side to hear.

Vaccines save lives. End of story.

Mods need to step in an stop this nonsense.

If people are swayed by stuff put up on a GAA board by a load of eejits (I include myself in this) then this other pandemic of stupidity really is as big an issue.

You be surprised who would read the shite we post.
This anti vaccine shite is nonsense and should be censored.

Rudi

Mods need to step in here. There is science and fact and then there is this nonsense of fake news. It isn't balance. It isn't free speech. There is no other side to hear.

If people are swayed by stuff put up on a GAA board by a load of eejits (I include myself in this) then this other pandemic of stupidity really is as big an issue.

+1, trailer gets his life philosophies from a car bumper sticker. Calling in the mods, Jesus wept. Must have got too much sun in Castlederg.

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 04:13:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2021, 02:10:44 PM
Is your issue control Benny? You aren't very clear on your communication tbh. People are trying to second guess you because you aren't clear.

If you don't grasp my point, that's not my fault. But the last number of posts  I'm merely batting away absurd accusations thrown my way.

If I was alone I would agree but I am not. You are putting your point across terribly e.g. the MMR stuff and doctors. Everyone is picking you up wrong so please clarify what is right. When everyone is the maybe that's not on everyone.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on July 27, 2021, 04:47:55 PM

+1, trailer gets his life philosophies from a car bumper sticker. Calling in the mods, Jesus wept. Must have got too much sun in Castlederg.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57984561

Reality. Something you don't seem to be able to grasp.

armaghniac

Reality is overrated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2021, 06:42:14 PM
Is your issue control Benny? You aren't very clear on your communication tbh. People are trying to second guess you because you aren't clear.

If you don't grasp my point, that's not my fault. But the last number of posts  I'm merely batting away absurd accusations thrown my way.

If I was alone I would agree but I am not. You are putting your point across terribly e.g. the MMR stuff and doctors. Everyone is picking you up wrong so please clarify what is right. When everyone is the maybe that's not on everyone.

Ive already explained, and gave two more examples as well. A few of you have a certain view of myself (and others), and rather than take what I've actually said, you create your own narrative and take it in a different direction.

Olly

When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 27, 2021, 02:32:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 01:40:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:50:32 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 25, 2021, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:21:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 11:26:34 AM
I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

Did I say there were?

You don't even have the courage of your convictions. Throw a vague line out, then when it's picked up on, backtrack like f**k. You can't make a coherent argument to support your position.

I think yourself (and others) need to read what is actually in a post,  before resorting to insults and name calling.

Nope, your post implied Doctors being struck of for linking MMR with autism shouldn't have been. Is that the case? If not then not sure why you'd bring it into the discussion. Happy for you to clarify.

No, I didn't imply that. You implied I said that. I brought it up as an example, whereby if medical people might have their own thoughts/concerns on certain vaccines/medication (or even alternative therapy not approved by the NHS), then they dare not say it publicly or to their patients. Going against the grain could mean being struck off.

I mean, we all know about charms. Would your doctor  advice you chuck your ointment in the bin and go see the local man with an apparent charm for psoriasis or whatever? I'd seriously doubt it. Many of us have used them though even if they're not exactly approved by medical experts. Now, I'd doubt a doctor would be sacked for advocating charms, but still, it's not exactly promoted by experts.
If you went to a doctor and there was a scientifically proven treatment for your condition, and they ignored that and instead prescribed you go and rub the bark of a 800 year old oak tree then yes they should be struck off. Same with a doctor not supporting the vaccine program. I'm still really lost on what your point is? Are you trying to argue that there's doctors out there who might not support the vaccine and the proof of this, is that there is no proof as they don't want to be struck off?

I was merely answering your question. And who knows, maybe there are. Clots have been linked to the vaccine, so a patient at risk of clots may be at risk after taking the vaccine. Some doctors might have concerns for such patients in that situation.
It is well documented that the risk of clots is MUCH higher related Covid than the vaccine. Doctors, like you and I when crossing the street, are performing a risk assessment and if they truly believed the vaccine was likely to cause more harm than good then they wouldn't/shouldn't recommend it. Apart from a few notable anti-vaxxers in the medical community, the VAST majority of healthcare professionals GLOBALLY, believe the vaccine is the path out of this mess. They can't all be in fear of being struck off or in the pocket of Big Pharma/The Bilderberg Group/New World Order. Or can they...<Twilight Zone music>

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 07:34:25 PM

Ive already explained, and gave two more examples as well. A few of you have a certain view of myself (and others), and rather than take what I've actually said, you create your own narrative and take it in a different direction.
Benny that's just BS. You threw out a flimsy comment about the MMR and doctors getting struck off. Then when it was picked up you back tracked like feck. As I said earlier you don't have the courage of your convictions. It's a common theme with people who want to be seen to run against the crowd. But the reality is it lacks substance. As you can see here as no one understands what your point was.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

I had no view on you but whenever you are giving off about a headline that mentions 60% of people in hospital aren't vaccinated because it doesn't mention 40 aren't then it's hard not to. That and you constantly saying that people have made up their mind on you when you have clearly made up you mind on vaccines etc data or otherwise.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2021, 07:28:17 AM

I had no view on you but whenever you are giving off about a headline that mentions 60% of people in hospital aren't vaccinated because it doesn't mention 40 aren't then it's hard not to. That and you constantly saying that people have made up their mind on you when you have clearly made up you mind on vaccines etc data or otherwise.

Another poster asked if that meant the other 40 were vaccinated, and I  picked up on it. It's a genuine statement and a reason for concern if it's true, but they  didn't indicate  about the other 40.  And yes, you could say, I'm sure the rest have had their first jab. Which may well have been true, but they never stated that. So, you can see why people have concerns, doubts or be sceptical about it all; figures, news reports, vaccines etc.

ONeill

Peter on the Nolan Show this morning was some craic. Took anti-vaccining to a new level.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on July 28, 2021, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2021, 07:28:17 AM

Another poster asked if that meant the other 40 were vaccinated, and I  picked up on it. It's a genuine statement and a reason for concern if it's true, but they  didn't indicate  about the other 40.  And yes, you could say, I'm sure the rest have had their first jab. Which may well have been true, but they never stated that. So, you can see why people have concerns, doubts or be sceptical about it all; figures, news reports, vaccines etc.

I can see why people have concerns which was why I was genuinely interested in your views but not about 60 vs 40 on a news headline. It's clutching at straws and using anything to try and backup an argument. the 40 could mean 1st jab only or could mean 2 jabs i don't know. If it means either one or two then it's actually a better stat for "pro" vaccine people not a worse one.

johnnycool

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2021, 09:53:06 AM
Peter on the Nolan Show this morning was some craic. Took anti-vaccining to a new level.

Saw a tweet that Nolan had put up about a baby being in intensive care in the royal with Covid and the number of responses about the BBC pushing the vaccines and the likes was unreal.

You just can't teach stupid and if they wanted to kill themselves then I'd no issues but they'll take some of the rest of us with them