China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 06, 2021, 02:33:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2021, 01:15:56 PM
And will Covid just go away then?

Covid is never going away, that's the point. At some stage governments  are going to have to acknowledge this. Same as the flu has 1000s of deaths across the world each winter and no one blinks. 2 years of restrictions has not stopped covid.

The spanish flu of 1918 hasn't gone away. It evolved after a few years into something which didn't cause anywhere near as much death after initially being quite lethal. Flus today are related to the spanish flu of 1918. At that time there were many sceptics who hated see8ng themselves being inconvenienced and not able to carry out their normal lives with restrictions in place and people being asked to wear masks. Covid will be around for a long time but hopefully in the next year or 2 we'll get enough people vaccinated or otherwise we'll have to hope it evolves into something which doesn't cause such severe disease and eases the burden on our health services. I would not be surprised to see further lockdowns/restrictions for another year or 2 at least with more variants emerging. By the way scientists had been warning about the probability of a pandemic for years and they're still warning that we could get something even more infectious and eadly following not fa4 behind covid-19. It's something governments around the world need to prepare for.

Gmac

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2021, 09:06:51 PM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on December 05, 2021, 09:02:00 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 05:55:43 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2021, 05:36:37 PM
Ftb do you think any of what is censored is censored because it is outright lies?

......and who decides what is lies? Who decides what is the truth? Is a open forum not healthy?

I started a thread on GAABOARD called The uncensored Covid 19 Thread. It was deleted by moderators within an hour.

You are correct, this is a GAABOARD.  One discussion thread on Covid-19 issues is enough.

You see... he/she isn't one of "them" ;D

Ftb do you know the full story behind any of these censorships? Do you work in an area where you would understand rationale if it were given for removal of content?
so the American heart association did some research and found that vaccines were causing a 15% increase in heart problems for over 28 year olds and Twitter put a misleading tag on it , is the guy in Twitter censoring this a heart expert or would the American heart association be a better guide here
The fact that any kind of medical intervention for covid other than a vaccine should be alarming , meanwhile in Israel you need to be on the 4th shot or you are technically unvaccinated, insanity and it's worldwide .

Sportacus

Was out in Belfast at the weekend.  Restaurant didn't walk for covid passport and some staff not wearing masks in the bar we visited.  Bit of a shambles.  Can't understand why people can't bother to do the simplest things to if nothing else, help our friends working on the frontline in hospitals.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on December 06, 2021, 07:34:56 PM
Was out in Belfast at the weekend.  Restaurant didn't walk for covid passport and some staff not wearing masks in the bar we visited.  Bit of a shambles.  Can't understand why people can't bother to do the simplest things to if nothing else, help our friends working on the frontline in hospitals.

It's different in different places, was out with family and restaurants checking pass and masks worn by everyone.

Was at big Tesco and it's a simple policy of wearing masks is mandatory, why are they letting ones in without wearing a mask? No one at door, security very lax
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 07:10:36 PM
Ftb do you think any of what is censored is censored because it is outright lies?

......and who decides what is lies? Who decides what is the truth? Is a open forum not healthy?

I started a thread on GAABOARD called The uncensored Covid 19 Thread. It was deleted by moderators within an hour.

You are correct, this is a GAABOARD.  One discussion thread on Covid-19 issues is enough.

Ftb do you know the full story behind any of these censorships? Do you work in an area where you would understand rationale if it were given for removal of content?
so the American heart association did some research and found that vaccines were causing a 15% increase in heart problems for over 28 year olds and Twitter put a misleading tag on it , is the guy in Twitter censoring this a heart expert or would the American heart association be a better guide here
The fact that any kind of medical intervention for covid other than a vaccine should be alarming , meanwhile in Israel you need to be on the 4th shot or you are technically unvaccinated, insanity and it's worldwide .

Do you mind providing a link... as I seen recently that an abstract was published by AHA not that AHA did the research and it has found to be anecdotal data not statistical data...

lenny

The American heart association committee added an "Expression of Concern" warning due to "potential errors in the abstract." The problem with the abstract was that there was no evidence supplied to back up any claims. Stop with your deliberate misinformation.

sid waddell

GMac lying yet again, what a surprise. The American far right have a tactic which Steve Bannon calls "flooding the zone with bullshit" and that's what you get ad nauseum from our resident rabbit hole dwellers.

Little wonder the following is what happens as a result.

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame
Updated December 5, 202110:27 AM ET

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate?t=1638823864961

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on December 06, 2021, 08:31:32 PM

The American heart association committee added an "Expression of Concern" warning due to "potential errors in the abstract." The problem with the abstract was that there was no evidence supplied to back up any claims. Stop with your deliberate misinformation.
so I'm spreading misinformation how ?
If the study said vaccines are great for your heart would Twitter tag it as misinformation do you think?
I don't have any expertise on it I just commented on the censorship comments in post I was responding too , are you a heart surgeon ? Probably not but you can tell me to stfu .
Get your 4th jab because the 3 before worked so good .

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 06, 2021, 08:31:32 PM

so I'm spreading misinformation how ?
If the study said vaccines are great for your heart would Twitter tag it as misinformation do you think?
I don't have any expertise on it I just commented on the censorship comments in post I was responding too , are you a heart surgeon ? Probably not but you can tell me to stfu .
Get your 4th jab because the 3 before worked so good .

1st piece of mis info. the AHA did not do some research and found that vaccines were causing a 15% increase In problems...

2nd - twitter put a misleading tag on it.

3rd. the AHA made the expression of concern about the abstract.

you are correct that the AHA is a better guide.. well done on that.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PMso I'm spreading misinformation how?

You said the AHA did some research. They didn't.

An abstract by someone else was published in the AHA journal. That someone else was Steven R. Gundry, MD.

QuoteGundry as "the founder and director of the International Heart and Lung Institute as well as the Center for Restorative Medicine. He is the author of The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain, The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age, and the upcoming The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook."

In 2016, Gundry founded Gundry MD, which includes a wellness blog, a YouTube channel, and a company that sells supplements.

Very much not the AHA. But you keep swallowing the shite that former Fox News guys spew onto twitter.

Armagh18

Quote from: Sportacus on December 06, 2021, 07:34:56 PM
Heard of a few places in Belfast who actually refused entry to people who didnt have the vaccine even though it isnt enforceable until the 13th. Genuinely genuinely hope they go bust.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 06, 2021, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PMso I'm spreading misinformation how?

You said the AHA did some research. They didn't.

An abstract by someone else was published in the AHA journal. That someone else was Steven R. Gundry, MD.

QuoteGundry as "the founder and director of the International Heart and Lung Institute as well as the Center for Restorative Medicine. He is the author of The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain, The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age, and the upcoming The Plant Paradox Family Cookbook."

In 2016, Gundry founded Gundry MD, which includes a wellness blog, a YouTube channel, and a company that sells supplements.

Very much not the AHA. But you keep swallowing the shite that former Fox News guys spew onto twitter.
again with the Fox News bs
My comment was more about the censorship ,  has anyone verified the covid anxiety heart problems ?
Seem to be mainstream opinion, why ? because it goes along with the narrative.
Remember US government agencies told the world the withdrawal from Afghanistan was run like clockwork and nobody was left behind and the taliban are all nice guys now . Be careful who you believe not just fair and balanced Fox News

PadraicHenryPearse

what censorship... the AHA who you said are a "better guide" are the ones saying "The Association regrets any confusion regarding the Association's position on COVID-19 vaccines, especially among the lay public who may be unfamiliar with scientific meetings. The American Heart Association itself has been unequivocal in its belief in and support of vaccination as the best available public health strategy to address the pandemic. The American Heart Association continues to fully support the CDC's COVID-19 vaccination recommendations." and also "We are publishing this Expression of Concern until a suitable correction is published to indicate that the abstract in its current version may not be reliable."

Mad Mentor

I've yet to see one actual practical proposal put forward by those who disagree with the way the pandemic has been handled. There have been many posts against vaccines, lockdowns etc but none of these posters have put forward an alternative. When challenged to do so, the silence for a while is deafening.
If these people genuinely believe that vaccinations and lockdowns don't work, what is their alternative?
They have been given ample opportunity to put forward their views but all seem obsessed with what is being done wrong, rather than what they believe we should be doing differently.

Armagh18

Quote from: Mad Mentor on December 06, 2021, 09:55:24 PM
I've yet to see one actual practical proposal put forward by those who disagree with the way the pandemic has been handled. There have been many posts against vaccines, lockdowns etc but none of these posters have put forward an alternative. When challenged to do so, the silence for a while is deafening.
If these people genuinely believe that vaccinations and lockdowns don't work, what is their alternative?
They have been given ample opportunity to put forward their views but all seem obsessed with what is being done wrong, rather than what they believe we should be doing differently.
Everyone that wants a vaccine has got it at this stage. Keep at boosters and stuff if they're working but other than that just live with it.