Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 26, 2021, 06:06:44 PM
Radio DJ and regular Top of the Pops presenter Janice Long, age 66 and died on Christmas day after a short illness.

She's was Keith Chegwins older sister which I never knew. Looking at pic now and they were the spit of each other.

RedHand88

Terrible accident at Garvaghey during the night. 3 young lads in their 20s killed and 1 critical.

Captain Obvious

Former RTÉ sports commentator Jim Sherwin.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 28, 2021, 12:57:34 PM
Former RTÉ sports commentator Jim Sherwin.
RIP. A very distinctive voice. Up there with Mick Dunne.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Muck Savage

The voice of American Football John Madden pass away

Gabriel_Hurl

Actress Betty White at 99 - eighteen days short of turning 100

armaghniac

Aoife Beary (27) survivor of the Berkeley balcony collapse.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2022, 03:38:13 PM

Anyone who did the J1 or went travelling during their college years would always be affected by this tragedy.

RIP

Farrandeelin

A personal one this time... my niece who was born prematurely died aged 20 days 4 weeks ago tomorrow. She fought until the end but it wasn't enough.

Luckily for her parents and us all, she has a twin sister who is doing well, still in hospital though.

She'll still be missed by all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 05, 2022, 11:47:39 AM
A personal one this time... my niece who was born prematurely died aged 20 days 4 weeks ago tomorrow. She fought until the end but it wasn't enough.

Luckily for her parents and us all, she has a twin sister who is doing well, still in hospital though.

Very sad. Something similar happened my sister a couple of years ago.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

I'm very sad to hear this, and for her parents in particular, for whom she was already part of the family.  Healthy babies should never be taken for granted.
I hope her sister continues to get stronger. 

imtommygunn

Yeah I have read a few of these recently and they are so sad. Our little boy had a very traumatic birth and it brings home how incredibly lucky we were.

RIP little girl  :(

Never beat the deeler

Terribly sorry to hear that. Sleep well, little one
Hasta la victoria siempre

RedHand88

I'm very sorry to hear that.

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 02, 2022, 03:45:31 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2022, 03:38:13 PM

Anyone who did the J1 or went travelling during their college years would always be affected by this tragedy.

RIP

I did the J1 in 2009 so took a big interest in this story at he time. Went and paid my respects at the chapel in Foxrock as I happened to be near it that week with work.
The J1 was the best summer of my life, filled with memories,  and the fact that it ended in tragedy for those poor people is heart breaking.