Nottingham Forest Thread

Started by leaveherinsir, December 14, 2010, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Just wondering if there was any other Forest fans on here. We could talk about how good they used to be!!

red hander

Was in the old Trent End in the eighties when they played United (mate was Forest fan) ... could see feck all, ground was jammed, but good atmosphere

PadraicHenryPearse

Notts County fan here. Hope Forest fail again

leaveherinsir

Never actually been to see them at the City Ground myself, watched them play Derry City a few years ago. Back in the early eighties they played an All Ireland XI in Dublin, possibly in Dalymount Park. We happened to be there on holiday and my dad took me along. One of my earliest sporting memories. It was a testimonial game for someone ,not sure who it was tho.

Square Ball

I remember going to Old Trafford back in the day and watching Forest trounce United 0-4, I think that was part of a long unbeated run?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

leaveherinsir

Think they went something like 40 odd games unbeaten, over two seasons back in late 70's/early 80's. That would have been some game to be a Forest fan at. Was in Old Trafford in about 1993/4 to see Forest v Utd, was 4 - 0 to Utd if i remember right. Have tried to blank it out! They had Cantona up front, we had Jason Lee (Pineapple head bloke!) Says it all really ::)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 14, 2010, 10:16:24 PM
Never actually been to see them at the City Ground myself, watched them play Derry City a few years ago. Back in the early eighties they played an All Ireland XI in Dublin, possibly in Dalymount Park. We happened to be there on holiday and my dad took me along. One of my earliest sporting memories. It was a testimonial game for someone ,not sure who it was tho.

same here. Saw tham once at anfield, Nov 94, beat 1-0. the aforementioned pinehapple head was up front there too. some player. :D

my first memories of football was back to back european cups in 1979/80. i thought i was on to a winner there. Mystic Meg i wasnt !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 14, 2010, 10:43:49 PM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 14, 2010, 10:16:24 PM

same here. Saw tham once at anfield, Nov 94, beat 1-0. the aforementioned pinehapple head was up front there too. some player. :D

my first memories of football was back to back european cups in 1979/80. i thought i was on to a winner there. Mystic Meg i wasnt !
Too true HH! Having a Liverpool supporting big brother has made the last 30 years tougher as well!! But you never know we might be back in the big time soon!! Esp if we could keep scoring a few more like this one!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOYTe0Kdpk

Hoof Hearted

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 14, 2010, 10:04:47 PM
Just wondering if there was any other Forest fans on here. We could talk about how good they used to be!!

Good man leaveherinsir,only just seen this thread.
I go over to the City Ground a few times a season,I would consider Forest my second team.
One of my best mates has been a Forest fanatic since he was a kid.
I went with him once to Nottingham about 12 years ago as no one else would go with him! and ever since we try and get over every season and usually make it 2 or 3 times.
As a result I have found myself cheering them on now and always looking out for their results.
I'm not claiming to be a huge fanatic but as I said I would consider them my second team.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2010, 06:54:29 PM

I go over to the City Ground a few times a season,I would consider Forest my second team.
I went with him once to Nottingham about 12 years ago as no one else would go with him! and ever since we try and get over every season and usually make it 2 or 3 times.
As a result I have found myself cheering them on now and always looking out for their results.
I'm not claiming to be a huge fanatic but as I said I would consider them my second team.
Good work sir, 2 or 3 visits a year and you a Liverpool man, you are putting us Forest fans to shame!! Not really a fanatic myself, but i do believe you cant change your team once you pick them! Im from same place as Martin O'Neill, used to be a load of Forest fans here when i was growing up, not as many now, they followed the bold Martin to Celtic and Villa. Cant see us ever getting back into Europe, the way football has changed, in fact would be nice to just get back in Premiership!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 17, 2010, 11:03:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2010, 06:54:29 PM

Good work sir, 2 or 3 visits a year and you a Liverpool man, you are putting us Forest fans to shame!! Not really a fanatic myself, but i do believe you cant change your team once you pick them! Im from same place as Martin O'Neill, used to be a load of Forest fans here when i was growing up, not as many now, they followed the bold Martin to Celtic and Villa. Cant see us ever getting back into Europe, the way football has changed, in fact would be nice to just get back in Premiership!!

Planning to go to Forest v Cardiff in Feb,actually haven't made it over this season at all yet as both of us got married since the season started so money was a bit tight.
Nottingham is a great city to go out in too so I really look forward to our trips over,our wish is for Forest to make Premier League so we can go to a Liverpool v Forest game!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leaveherinsir

The Premier League might have been wiped out, but a 3 - 0 win for the Forest over Palace!! This time next year Old Trafford!!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 18, 2010, 05:57:03 PM
The Premier League might have been wiped out, but a 3 - 0 win for the Forest over Palace!! This time next year Old Trafford!!

keeps the good home record going. sitting nicely in 8th with 2 games in hand