The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 01, 2021, 10:36:06 PM
Wall pushing gestures from the twat leaving after 20 minutes.
Using a tragedy to kick the other club with.
Nice.
A disaster where both sides of the city were affected.
Hardly surprising.
Classy as always the the Ev. Hell slap it up them.

imtommygunn

Good man you group everyone together. Sure didn't Liverpool fans wreck the man city bus - classy as always eh? (I don't believe that btw - there are bad elements in ny fanbase but some people can't seem to distinguish that). Liverpool and everton fans have been very united over hillsborough, the unfortunate deaths (look at the clapping last night) of young children in liverpool and various other things. So your comment is poor tbh. The guy if he did what you said he did will probably get banned from goodison if it's investigated and reported.

manfromdelmonte

Might be the year we finally go down

unless there are three worse teams in the league.
I think the manager will be gone by the New Year. He is just far too negative and the teams is playing horribly football

SHEEDY

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 14, 2021, 03:50:04 PM
Might be the year we finally go down

unless there are three worse teams in the league.
I think the manager will be gone by the New Year. He is just far too negative and the teams is playing horribly football
Benitez never should've been appointed manager, it was never going to work. The fans especially the away fans have turned on him and once that happens it never ends well. The football as you say is boring and negative and for a supposedly defensively minded manager the team is shockingly set up. Too easy to score against and too easy to beat, relegation is a definite possibility.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Everton won't be relegated, there are enough teams in the league who are worse than they are who will finish below them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Would be shocked if they went down. Newcastle and Norwich are clearly worse than them. Burnley, Leeds, Watford and Southampton all much of a muchness and Everton should have enough to stay above them. They could be pulled into it over the next few games as I see Richarlison is out for a few weeks and DCL still not back so goals will be hard to get.

Had to lay the blame at Rafas door all the same. The quality is simply not there and no matter how much coaching some get, they are still shite!

SHEEDY

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2021, 09:17:04 PM
Would be shocked if they went down. Newcastle and Norwich are clearly worse than them. Burnley, Leeds, Watford and Southampton all much of a muchness and Everton should have enough to stay above them. They could be pulled into it over the next few games as I see Richarlison is out for a few weeks and DCL still not back so goals will be hard to get.

Had to lay the blame at Rafas door all the same. The quality is simply not there and no matter how much coaching some get, they are still shite!
Ancellotti got 59 points last season with basically the same squad which most other years would comfortably have got European football, this year it's 4 points from last 30 available and the football is shocking, the fans are split and disillusioned. The club are lucky Newcastle, and Norwich are as bad as they are.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 09:44:50 PM

Ancellotti got 59 points last season with basically the same squad which most other years would comfortably have got European football, this year it's 4 points from last 30 available and the football is shocking, the fans are split and disillusioned. The club are lucky Newcastle, and Norwich are as bad as they are.

Ancellotti had a front line of DCL, Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, & Bernard. This season they haven't had DCL, James, sigurdsson, Walcott and Bernard for differing reasons and replaced them with Gray and Rondon. That's a massive difference for me

SHEEDY

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2021, 10:16:29 PM

Ancellotti had a front line of DCL, Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, & Bernard. This season they haven't had DCL, James, sigurdsson, Walcott and Bernard for differing reasons and replaced them with Gray and Rondon. That's a massive difference for me
Walcott was at Southampton last season, Bernard only played a bit part. Sigurdsson is obviously unavailable, Benitez got rid of James, Iwobi is still there. So only difference is replacing James and Sigurdsson with Townsend and Gray who many said were an upgrade. Rondon signed by Benitez again, less said the better 🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

Jeepers Creepers

imtommygunn

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 10:37:37 PM

Walcott was at Southampton last season, Bernard only played a bit part. Sigurdsson is obviously unavailable, Benitez got rid of James, Iwobi is still there. So only difference is replacing James and Sigurdsson with Townsend and Gray who many said were an upgrade. Rondon signed by Benitez again, less said the better 🙄

James didn't want to be there. You can't blme him on the James front. Bernard suffered with depression and wasn't working out. Rondon is useless. Gray definitely an upgrade. Townsend was to begin with but seems to be reverting to type.

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2021, 08:35:05 PM
Everton won't be relegated, there are enough teams in the league who are worse than they are who will finish below them.

There are 3 worse teams than everton in my book too, but things would need to pick up a little as it is very easy to get stuck in a rut.  If DCL comes back firing, that will be massive.

Norwich were atrocious last night.  That's one that's defo worse.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 15, 2021, 12:26:31 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 10:37:37 PM

James didn't want to be there. You can't blme him on the James front. Bernard suffered with depression and wasn't working out. Rondon is useless. Gray definitely an upgrade. Townsend was to begin with but seems to be reverting to type.

Mina a big loss also as he seems to be the big fúcker that holds the defence together, they're a bit lightweight without him. Hamstring will keep him out for another good few weeks.

Both Ancelotti's and Bentiez's good runs were based on Allan and Doucouré having stormers in midfield and if one or both is injured or out of form then it's a shít show

quit yo jibbajabba

Leeds could be in bother. Philips out for a while now after hammy surgery and Bamford just back

Everton have a decent spine in Mina Allan Doucoure and DCL with Richarlison and Gray not bad either. The problem is if 1/2/3 of these arent around there is v v little to come in

I think yis will be ok but it would be nice to see yis sweatin for a bit 😉

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 15, 2021, 02:10:56 PM
Leeds could be in bother. Philips out for a while now after hammy surgery and Bamford just back

Everton have a decent spine in Mina Allan Doucoure and DCL with Richarlison and Gray not bad either. The problem is if 1/2/3 of these arent around there is v v little to come in

I think yis will be ok but it would be nice to see yis sweatin for a bit 😉

Everton ever been relegated?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea