Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

The problem remains though that Utd play counter attack. Don't look to dominate a game.

Blowitupref

Didn't Southgate remark a while back that Sancho's playing time for England was limited due to poor training form with him?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2023, 10:51:01 PM
As a few have alluded to here...... Utd's marginal offside goal isn't marked off and the whole narrative is completely different.

Pity it was offside and therefore would never have counted.

RedHand88

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 03, 2023, 10:47:00 PM
f**k Ten Haag does some complaining

They will have a new manager next season

*month.

Couldn't get over him saying the Garnacho goal should have stood without giving any real reason why.
Does he think the technology is wrong?

gawa316

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 03, 2023, 10:53:04 PM
The problem remains though that Utd play counter attack. Don't look to dominate a game.

I've read that somewhere else...Ten Hagg played 'his way' the first few games of last season and when results didn't go to plan he switched to counterattack. Utd got results largely due to Rashord having an excellent season and generally having attacking talent that could win games. Be interesting to see how Ten Hagg sets up Utd to play this year.

Milltown Row2

And posters give trailer a hard time ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

Martial is some waste of space and if Rashford isn't firing or at least getting space on the left there seems to be no other ideas at times.
Jesus really does make a difference for Arsenal and I reckon they will kick on a bit more.
With United it's never consistent and there is still no pattern bar hit teams on the break.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 03, 2023, 09:28:01 PM
Sancho hitting back at ETH on Twitter!! Absolute scenes.
Out the door for that shit.

Cunny Funt

It was the good home form which allowed United finish 3rd last season and that included just one defeat and just 10 goals conceded. 
Got the best out of Rashford last season but he scored 17 league goals one less than Ronaldo managed the season before when United finished 6th with 17 less points.   This season will likely be the same, Rashford could have the same goal scoring form but if the home form drops it will be 6th in the table at best come the end of the season.

On Sancho what did he think he was going to achieve with such a statement? scapegoat comment I presume is a reference to the special training regime he was sent away on last season for a few months to sort out an issue that was physical with also a connection with mental as was quoted by Ten Hag at time.

Ghost

Whether Sancho thinks ETH is right or wrong, that is not the way to respond. You put your head down in training and do your best to prove him wrong. Unfortunately with the entitlement of the spoilt shits nowadays that was never going to happen.

seafoid

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 04, 2023, 07:28:39 AM
It was the good home form which allowed United finish 3rd last season and that included just one defeat and just 10 goals conceded. 
Got the best out of Rashford last season but he scored 17 league goals one less than Ronaldo managed the season before when United finished 6th with 17 less points.   This season will likely be the same, Rashford could have the same goal scoring form but if the home form drops it will be 6th in the table at best come the end of the season.

On Sancho what did he think he was going to achieve with such a statement? scapegoat comment I presume is a reference to the special training regime he was sent away on last season for a few months to sort out an issue that was physical with also a connection with mental as was quoted by Ten Hag at time.
Say they finish 6th. Which clubs will finish above them, apart from the Arse and Man City ? West Ham? Brighton ? Tottenham?

NAG1

I think this counter attack or dominating the ball debate is a little distracting.

Arsenal are now a good bit down the track of their system of play and have backed that system in the market bringing in the exact players Arteta requests, while he has spent money I dont think ETH is getting the targets that would be top of the lists. So it's a bit catch 22.

Full out with first 11 they could match most of the top six on their day, but thing that would worry me more is the mentality of lack of it in the tough moments in games. Doesnt seem to be a steely edge to them that teams of the past had, this Sancho carry on it just another example of the type of character that they have at the club.

clonian

Quote from: Ghost on September 04, 2023, 07:42:44 AM
Whether Sancho thinks ETH is right or wrong, that is not the way to respond. You put your head down in training and do your best to prove him wrong. Unfortunately with the entitlement of the spoilt shits nowadays that was never going to happen.

He's been shite under 3 managers now - who was using him as a scapegoat? He's never looked anything like the player he was in Germany, I think part of that is he has no appetite for the physical end of the game. He's had issues with Dortmund and England over the years - time to look in the mirror.

seafoid

Andy Mitten on OTB

"Man Utd used to have financial hegemony in the EPL. They could go to tottenham and buy Carrick . Now going to Brighton is hard. Now it's a soap opera"

That's the Glazer effect

mrdeeds

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2023, 08:47:55 AM
I think this counter attack or dominating the ball debate is a little distracting.

Arsenal are now a good bit down the track of their system of play and have backed that system in the market bringing in the exact players Arteta requests, while he has spent money I dont think ETH is getting the targets that would be top of the lists. So it's a bit catch 22.

Full out with first 11 they could match most of the top six on their day, but thing that would worry me more is the mentality of lack of it in the tough moments in games. Doesnt seem to be a steely edge to them that teams of the past had, this Sancho carry on it just another example of the type of character that they have at the club.

Antony was Ten Haags man and nearly 100 million wasted on him. Most players brought in played in Dutch league so he's definitely getting his targets.