snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Yep I'm delighted I won't have to look at his gob looking disinterested in his chair or listen to his cack

Boycey

Wouldn't be a fan of Ronnie's off table persona myself but if you're turning on and thinking ah no fecking Ronnie O Sullivans on I'd suggest snooker isn't your game.

An Watcher

I watched him coming from 6-10 down against mcgill and it was impressive. Wouldn't have watched him if he was 10-6 up. No enjoyment in watching him stuff people

Rich Ricci

Neil Robertson beaten 13-8 by Kyren Wilson. Not for the first time he's come into the world championship in sh*t hot form only for his game to wilt away. He's only made the semi's once since he won it in 2010. Would love to see Wilson go on and win it now.

Selby currently leading Mark Williams 10-2 and he would be my pick to win the whole thing from here.

quit yo jibbajabba

Cant warm to Wilson at all. Think its his very careful approach to each shot. Good player tbh.

Like watching Trump tho Selbys so hard to beat theyd be my two picks atm

Boycey

A Trump/Selby final would be very easy on the eye..

mouview

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 28, 2021, 12:14:07 PM
Neil Robertson beaten 13-8 by Kyren Wilson. Not for the first time he's come into the world championship in sh*t hot form only for his game to wilt away. He's only made the semi's once since he won it in 2010. Would love to see Wilson go on and win it now.

Selby currently leading Mark Williams 10-2 and he would be my pick to win the whole thing from here.

Hard to see the likes of Robertson, Mark Williams, John Higgins ever winning it again. With O'Sullivan gone, it opened up a bit for all of these with Trump probably being the next hardest to beat. That they couldn't capitalise doesn't augur well for future prospects. Wilson seems to have improved his match play since last year's defeat and has a fighting chance. Love to see Shaun Murphy have a go again, he has the ability for sure, but if he loses to Trump, you can add him to the list above.

pbat

As brilliant as Higgins, Williams, O Sullivan they are in there mid 40's, where is the new talent. New comers now seem to be coming from the East. I ready a good article a few weeks ago about the Irish snooker scene and the amount of snooker hall closures is having a big impact on lads coming from here, must be the same across the water.

When I was at Newry Tech mid 90's you had two clubs in the town and one out at Camlough, at least two evenings a week we'd finish tech and stay back for the late bus get an hours snooker and the clubs were all doing well. I know Dan's is gone, regency is gone and not sure how many tables in the cue club, haven't been in it in years.

I suppose its another past time lost to the internet/computer gaming scene.

South Laois man

In the last few years pool has become huge game overtaking snooker in Ireland. 200+ entries for Irish ranking events and over 700 at the All Ireland's held in the Gleneagle in Killarney every year. Not to talk about the many money matches that take place.

dublin7

Quote from: pbat on April 28, 2021, 01:50:11 PM
As brilliant as Higgins, Williams, O Sullivan they are in there mid 40's, where is the new talent. New comers now seem to be coming from the East. I ready a good article a few weeks ago about the Irish snooker scene and the amount of snooker hall closures is having a big impact on lads coming from here, must be the same across the water.

When I was at Newry Tech mid 90's you had two clubs in the town and one out at Camlough, at least two evenings a week we'd finish tech and stay back for the late bus get an hours snooker and the clubs were all doing well. I know Dan's is gone, regency is gone and not sure how many tables in the cue club, haven't been in it in years.

I suppose its another past time lost to the internet/computer gaming scene.

I used to work in Ranelagh in Dublin and I would regularly meet Ken Doherty there and play snooker in his club maybe once every 2/3 weeks. The club was during the boom to a builder who built apartments on the site.

An Watcher

Always wondered why Ken is up with the Williams and Higgins of the world. Maybe they're just exceptions

Boycey

Up for grabs now between Trump and Murphy...

mouview

C'mon Seaneen! Irish resident isn't he?

pbat

I think he's married to an Irish woman.

Boycey

Heard them say in commentary that he travels back and forward from Ireland for tournaments during the season.