Aidan O'Mahony = Pathetic

Started by Tankie, August 24, 2008, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 01, 2008, 09:28:29 AM
QuoteI swung my right fist at him from behind my knee

Jaysus Hardy, how did you do that - are you a contortionist, as well as everything else?

Sorry - I was just trying to convey that it was a haymaker, wound up from a considerable way back, in the traditional Bellewstown style.

orangeman

All the talk about O'Mahony last week seemed to get to him - he had a stinker yesterday.

Billys Boots

Quotein the traditional Bellewstown style

So, you're a Balbriggan culchie after all.  ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Balbriggan may be only five miles from Bellewstown, but "culchurally" speaking, it's light years.

Billys Boots

I'm looking out the window here in the 'Briggan Hardy, and you're probably right.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

David McKeown

I notice Brennan has come out and said the rescinding of the O'Connor sending off was down to a technicallity and that the strike should have constituted a four week ban.  Strange that it took him so long to acknowledge this
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

cornafean

Quote from: David McKeown on September 03, 2008, 10:55:03 AM
I notice Brennan has come out and said the rescinding of the O'Connor sending off was down to a technicallity and that the strike should have constituted a four week ban.  Strange that it took him so long to acknowledge this

In fairness to Brennan he's often in a "damned if he does, damned if he don't" situation. If he keeps his own counsel, he's accused of not showing leadership. If he does a Mary Harney on it and comments on a specific disciplinary issue, he's accused of prejudicing the case.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Hardy

Why has this decision been kept under wraps? Is it usual for the CHC to keep to itself the basis of its decisions?

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on September 03, 2008, 11:36:31 AM
Why has this decision been kept under wraps? Is it usual for the CHC to keep to itself the basis of its decisions?

It suited in this instance !

David McKeown

The other thing that struck me about what Brennan was saying and I only a report of it on the radio was that they didnt look at the O Se incident in the report because there was no appeal.  If the association is looking out for all its members equally should it have told O Se of the reasons O Connor got off or should it have looked at the situation independent of an appeal? In other words if the association have found it rules have not be followed properly in one match and someone else has recieved a suspension, should there be a duty on the association to investigate?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Frank Casey

Little bit of a disagreement between GAA HQ and Frank Murphy about this.

This is from www.eveningecho.ie

Meanwhile, Cork County Board secretary Frank Murphy has dismissed a Sunday newspaper report that claimed Donnoha O'Connor had been exonerated on a technicality in relation to his sending off in the drawn All-Ireland semi-final against Kerry. Speaking at last night's county board meeting, Mr Murphy insisted that the ban was lifted after examination of video evidence under ruling 147(cc).

Cork County Board seems to be saying that Nick Brennan is wrong in blaming a technical hitch in the ref's report.
KERRY 3:7

ExiledGael

Cork statement: "It was found that the facts proved disclose an infraction, but one less serious than that alleged in the notice of disciplinary action.
"The notice of disciplinary action alleged a Category II infraction, and accordingly the player is not suspended."
"This simply means that the Hearings Committee, based on the evidence (including video evidence) presented, found that Donncha O'Connor's action did not warrant a red card but rather a yellow card.
"While there was a technicality also with the referee's report, the case was principally made on the fundamental issue of the infraction being less serious that that alleged, and the player was cleared on this fundamental issue and not on a technicality."

Kerry Mike

With all Frank Murphy's tinkering with the rule book they still can't figure out a fecking way to get the better of Kerry in Croke Park.

the turf home
the hay saved
and Cork bate again

And who said it was a bad summer.

At least the Langers are good losers, I suppose they have years of practise at it :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 03, 2008, 09:19:39 PM
Cork statement: "It was found that the facts proved disclose an infraction, but one less serious than that alleged in the notice of disciplinary action.
"The notice of disciplinary action alleged a Category II infraction, and accordingly the player is not suspended."
"This simply means that the Hearings Committee, based on the evidence (including video evidence) presented, found that Donncha O'Connor's action did not warrant a red card but rather a yellow card*.
"While there was a technicality also with the referee's report, the case was principally made on the fundamental issue of the infraction being less serious that that alleged, and the player was cleared on this fundamental issue and not on a technicality."

* And between the lines, what they're saying here is that but for the 'theatrics' it [the infraction] may indeed have been deemed to have warranted a red card, if the intended Cork defence before the hearing is to be relied upon.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...