Feile 2008

Started by Zulu, July 04, 2008, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

They're coming through alright though it might be a few years before they are competitive at senior level in either code. As for this years senior hurling Mount Sion are a club on the way down, DLS aren't great and Abbeyside are Ballinacourty.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on July 06, 2008, 09:34:11 PM
They're coming through alright though it might be a few years before they are competitive at senior level in either code. As for this years senior hurling Mount Sion are a club on the way down, DLS aren't great and Abbeyside are Ballinacourty.

Hadn't realised they were twinned..they wear different colour jersies in each code..

Zulu

Yeah they are the same club Heffo but they don't have a small pick, far from it they have a massive pick.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on July 06, 2008, 09:43:30 PM
Yeah they are the same club Heffo but they don't have a small pick, far from it they have a massive pick.

Where are their boundaries? Starting obviously at the Abbeyside post office..

Zulu

Well all the new housing for Dungarvan is all on the Abbeyside side of the town and they get players from all the way out to Ballinroad one one side and out to the Burgery on the other. I'd safely say they have the biggest pick of players outside of Ballygunner in the whole county.

INDIANA

congrat to crokes, the best u14 team i've ever seen. I called that one well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

North Longford

Saw a brilliant one with Sean Boylan Friday evening at the parade from Breffni. He was standing at the corner at the bottom of the hill going into town from Breffni. Quite a large gathering there. I think Seans son was with Dunboyne. Anyway being who he is he didn't get a second to himself as we waited for the parade to finally start. People were constantly up talking to him and getting autographs and pictures taken. And I was thinking to myself it must be a pain in the hole for him having to constantly make conversation with strangers and try to be nice all the time. Anyway at one point I looked up and he appeared to be signing the back of a couple of kids jerseys as their father looked on. I looked away and about 30 seconds later he walked down past meself the wife and kids heading towards town. I says to the wife that poor Sean must be getting away to have a break and its a terror he couldn't just stand there and be left alone and wait till the parade went past.
So what happens only about 2 minutes later Sean comes back up the town towards where he had been......with a pen in his hand. I turn round and there are the same 2 kids and their father rather sheepishly waiting on Sean as he comes right back to them and procedds to sign the back of the jerseys.
The only thing I can guess is that the original pen wouldn't work and Sean went off down the town himself to get a new one to sign the jerseys. I honestly couldn't believe it. A serious gent if I ever saw one!

heffo

Quote from: North Longford on July 07, 2008, 11:38:24 AM
Saw a brilliant one with Sean Boylan Friday evening at the parade from Breffni. He was standing at the corner at the bottom of the hill going into town from Breffni. Quite a large gathering there. I think Seans son was with Dunboyne. Anyway being who he is he didn't get a second to himself as we waited for the parade to finally start. People were constantly up talking to him and getting autographs and pictures taken. And I was thinking to myself it must be a pain in the hole for him having to constantly make conversation with strangers and try to be nice all the time. Anyway at one point I looked up and he appeared to be signing the back of a couple of kids jerseys as their father looked on. I looked away and about 30 seconds later he walked down past meself the wife and kids heading towards town. I says to the wife that poor Sean must be getting away to have a break and its a terror he couldn't just stand there and be left alone and wait till the parade went past.
So what happens only about 2 minutes later Sean comes back up the town towards where he had been......with a pen in his hand. I turn round and there are the same 2 kids and their father rather sheepishly waiting on Sean as he comes right back to them and procedds to sign the back of the jerseys.
The only thing I can guess is that the original pen wouldn't work and Sean went off down the town himself to get a new one to sign the jerseys. I honestly couldn't believe it. A serious gent if I ever saw one!

Boylan is a gentleman of the highest order & I'm sure anyone who's ever had the pleasure of meeting him would say the same.

INDIANA

he is I agree, despite being so successful the manner in which he accepted defeats always impressed me, never resorted to blaming refs etc.

Jinxy

.....or attacking opposition selectors. :o
If you were any use you'd be playing.