Feile 2008

Started by Zulu, July 04, 2008, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Surprised nobody has mentioned this already but feile kicks off today in Cavan, this is truely one of the best competitions in the GAA and should be a great weekend for all of those involved. Does anyone know if Setanta are showing the games again this year?

carnaross

Wont be shown live, probably similar to last year and shown later. Yorkshire as playing in Mullahoran in Div. 5.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

the Deel Rover

brilliant competetion lucky enough to have gone to cork twice many moons ago stayed with Nemo the 1st year and Brian Dillons the 2nd year, Colin Corkery was with nemo he was unreal as a 14 year old won the free taking competetion afaik
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

carnaross

Yorkshire beat Mullahoran 2-05 - 0-07
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zulu

Any other results so far?

carnaross

Not yet. The Yorkshire game was brought forward from 3.00 to 1pm to allow more time for the Parade this evening.
Results can be found here: http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t10.php?countyid=117&sportid=1&club_id=&defaultpage=1&userid=7157

HTH

Zulu

Just looking at the groups there and it is amazing how few of the 'big' clubs are represented, no Nemo, Crossmaglen (I think), St. Vincents (Dublin), Ballina, Dr. Crokes, Moorefield, Ballinderry etc. in fact I recognize very few of the clubs.

carnaross

That might be because they didn't qualify from their counties. AFAIK, all counties, except the hosts and clubs/counties from abroad, supply a team who have to qualify.

Zulu

Ah yeah I know that carnaross, I'm just saying it is a bit surprising that clubs like these who have been so strong for so long in their respective counties aren't better represented. The fact that so many less prominant clubs are there is good for football in those counties and in the country generally.

AZOffaly

My club are in it. Good luck to Ferbane - Belmont in Division 2.

AZOffaly

Actually, the Leinster teams reads like an 80s or 90s Leinster Senior Club tournament.

Ferbane, Crokes, Newtown Blues, Eire Og, Portlaoise. I think only Ballinteer, Dunboyne and Celbridge wouldn't have played Ferbane along the way at some stage back then.

INDIANA

thats a powerful  kilamacud crokes team lads, be surprised if aren't at the business end of this.

Zulu

Douglas are meant to be outstanding aswell and i see Salthill-Knocknacarra put up 1-16 in their first game which is some scoring for an U14 team. Where do these clubs come from by the way....Ramor Utd., Glenn, Shercock, Kinaxley, Watty Grahams Glen (??), Ardara, Castletara, Drumgoon?

AZOffaly

I think Ardara is Cavan. I think Dromgoon is Cavan as well. Actually looking at the groups it appears there's 2 Cavan teams and 2 'outsiders' in every group. (Which makes sense with Hosts etc).

AZOffaly

Ferbane-Belmont won their first game. Well done lads. 4-07 to 1-04 against Saint Patrick's Donagh. Although Ballinteer put up 5-14 in their first game, which is some tally for an under 14 game.