New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2020, 11:02:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2020, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 24, 2020, 08:37:08 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 24, 2020, 02:45:33 PM
With Armagh moving away from O'Neills is this the start of teams starting to look beyond O'Neills who have the monopoly for ever. Just takes a few big guns to move and
O'Neills would crap themselves. On O'Neills defence they gear is top notch

We've had Azzurri and Masita and a few before. Think Fermanagh had a Gaelic Gear kit a few years back. These companies usually don't stay in the game long sadly.

Donegal actually won an All Ireland when Azzurri manufactures the kits. Unless a new kit manufacturer has serious financial backing it's hard to see them making much inroads.

I'd like to have a few different kit makers about as it's a bit boring with O'Neill's rolling out the same lazy templates for every county.

Are Azzurri still in operation and apart from Armagh is there another county with a company other than O'Neill's manufacturing a kit.
Waterford still have Azzurri

Had Sligo Azzurri also for a year or two a few years back?
Sligo had a kukri kit.  Think Clare hurlers had Connolly in mid 90s when they won 1 of their 2 all irelands. Kerry had adidas for a while.

laoislad

With Armagh moving away from O'Neills is this the start of teams starting to look beyond O'Neills who have the monopoly for ever. Just takes a few big guns to move and

We've had Azzurri and Masita and a few before. Think Fermanagh had a Gaelic Gear kit a few years back. These companies usually don't stay in the game long sadly.

Donegal actually won an All Ireland when Azzurri manufactures the kits. Unless a new kit manufacturer has serious financial backing it's hard to see them making much inroads.

I'd like to have a few different kit makers about as it's a bit boring with O'Neill's rolling out the same lazy templates for every county.

Are Azzurri still in operation and apart from Armagh is there another county with a company other than O'Neill's manufacturing a kit.

They had, so did Laois back in the early to mid 2000s.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

I do like the oneills stuff however it can be a bit pricey. A bit of competition in the market does no harm and could bring the prices down a bit

marty34

Quote from: An Watcher on October 25, 2020, 07:07:30 AM
I do like the oneills stuff however it can be a bit pricey. A bit of competition in the market does no harm and could bring the prices down a bit

Very pricey indeed.  Wouldn't be too keen on the quality for their prices.

Good to see Armagh and Waterford etc. supporting their companies.

I think O'Neills still pump out a lot of jersies from last season and the season before and charge £10 or £12 for them and make a fortune.

trueblue1234

Quote from: marty34 on October 25, 2020, 10:21:23 AM

I think O'Neills still pump out a lot of jersies from last season and the season before and charge £10 or £12 for them and make a fortune.
£10-12 pound hardly expensive for a jersey even if older design. Tops £7-8 pounds in Asda and no comparison on quality.
Think county stuff is too dear, but club gear seems to be well priced for quality imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omagh_gael

The new Monaghan jersey is a rare looking job. Sponsor logo very wordy and the diamond pattern around the trunk not that nice.

DuffleKing

McKeever's have Adidas behind them for county leisurewear,  which might give them a better foothold to compete with O'Neills when compared with previous companies who were granted licences and who O'Neills proceeded to drown in cash and free product.

lurganblue

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 24, 2020, 08:39:18 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 24, 2020, 08:24:38 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2020, 03:53:17 PM
Are Armagh big guns?

Nope...they're not. That's why i said it would take a few big guns to change...They'll not blink much with Armagh changing but Dublin would rock them
Obviously Dublin, Mayo, Tyrone and kerry would be the top selling jerseys etc for oneills but armagh definitely would be in the next bracket. They've massive support and I'd say the oneills store in newry will miss the armagh supporters money in the run up to Xmas.

They will surely, as will the Craigavon O'Neills store.  I was in it the other day there and it so strange that all of the Armagh gear isn't towards the front of the shop anymore.  Also, I have no idea why this store doesn't stock the local club gear as they would make a complete fortune.

marty34

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 25, 2020, 10:32:14 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 25, 2020, 10:21:23 AM

£10-12 pound hardly expensive for a jersey even if older design. Tops £7-8 pounds in Asda and no comparison on quality.
Think county stuff is too dear, but club gear seems to be well priced for quality imo.

Granted, but if you're buying 3 or 4 of them, it's expensive.

In fairness, they're also a fashion accessory amongst the youth!

trueblue1234

Yeah crazy the amount of casual wear O'Neill's kit you see about now. Got very fashionable!! Used to only be the GAA heads wearing it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

general_lee

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 25, 2020, 11:36:26 AM

McKeever's have Adidas behind them for county leisurewear,  which might give them a better foothold to compete with O'Neills when compared with previous companies who were granted licences and who O'Neills proceeded to drown in cash and free product.
McKeever has been doing Derry City fc the last while which is probably the only gig they have remotely close to a county team and while I'm a fan of the new Armagh gear I just hope they have the capacity to meet demand in the run up to Christmas. Prices I think are slightly more favourable than what O'Neill's offer with similar quality. A number of clubs in Armagh are now switching from O'Neill's to McKeever and they are very easy to work with compared to some of the other suppliers.

Taylor

No one could be more difficult to work with than ONeills.

The are a nightmare to get anything done.

I see Saoradh have sent ONeills a letter about the jerseys for the British armed forces and are awaiting a response  :-\

Owenmoresider

Quote from: snoopdog on October 24, 2020, 11:36:18 PM

Sligo had a kukri kit.  Think Clare hurlers had Connolly in mid 90s when they won 1 of their 2 all irelands. Kerry had adidas for a while.
We had Azzurri for nearly 10 years and Kukri for 2-3. Never thought much of their stuff but Azzurri's could be good or middling. This site shows the changes in kits over the years http://www.prideinthejersey.com/Sligo.html

Connolly did most of the Connacht counties during the 90's but think they went out of business after that.

Think O'Neill's do good quality stuff and yes it can be pricey, but then you look at what soccer and rugby jerseys are being sold for and it could be worse. From previous experience it seemed that buying stuff in their own stores were much better value than buying them online or in other retailers.

Armagh18

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2020, 12:44:44 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 26, 2020, 09:21:35 AM

I see Saoradh have sent ONeills a letter about the jerseys for the British armed forces and are awaiting a response  :-\
They or one of the groups like them have extended upon that and are now calling out O'Neills for actually supplying the RAF rugby team with gear.
They're just right. Boycott O'Neill's

LCohen

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 26, 2020, 10:04:37 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2020, 12:44:44 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 26, 2020, 09:21:35 AM

They or one of the groups like them have extended upon that and are now calling out O'Neills for actually supplying the RAF rugby team with gear.
They're just right. Boycott O'Neill's

No need to comment on Saoradh. Pure, unadulterated scum.

As for O'Neills I really can't see what they have done wrong. They are manufacturing 2 products I'll not be buying. So what?