New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Nice kit, but the stars...?

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on November 22, 2017, 01:43:45 AM

Stars are always a nice touch in my opinion.

tonto1888

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 21, 2017, 11:12:09 PM
Nice kit that - definitely a case of less is more. Keep the design relatively plain - looks much better. If Armagh are due a change (which I don't think one is due), then I hope they take note.

As regards the change to white shorts for Tyrone a few years back, was that not because way back in the day the kit was traditionally all white with a red trim?

we have had the current one for two years which is generally the length of time a jersey lasts

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rrhf on November 21, 2017, 10:13:56 PM
Great strip fantastic design and the lucky red shorts are back as well. Let's go win some stuff in the new kit. Best of luck to the new sponsors and thanks to McAleer and rushe for their contribution over the years.

LOL

Onthe40

Not so sure, preferred the previous one to be honest. Red shorts definitely an improvement.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 22, 2017, 09:25:13 AM
Nice kit that - definitely a case of less is more. Keep the design relatively plain - looks much better. If Armagh are due a change (which I don't think one is due), then I hope they take note.

As regards the change to white shorts for Tyrone a few years back, was that not because way back in the day the kit was traditionally all white with a red trim?

we have had the current one for two years which is generally the length of time a jersey lasts

I think the normal period before a jersey change is three years. Exceptions are usually around a change to shirt sponsorship, as was the case when we parted company with Hugh Morgan.   

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 22, 2017, 09:54:49 AM

I think the normal period before a jersey change is three years. Exceptions are usually around a change to shirt sponsorship, as was the case when we parted company with Hugh Morgan.
No it seems to be two years now with three being increasingly the exception.

Tyrone's is alright but three things I'm not gone on:
-The collar, looks a bit flimsy
-The three stripes stopping at the shoulders and not going on the sleeve
-The three stars, really unnecessary tbh

Croí na hÉireann

GAA jerseys usually last for 3 years. If there's a change of sponsor they usually change the jersey as well. We used a sponsor change for 2006 to change that abomination of a jersey we had for a year in 2005.

Edit: See Rufus beat me to it
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Minder

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 22, 2017, 10:06:35 AM

No it seems to be two years now with three being increasingly the exception.

Tyrone's is alright but three things I'm not gone on:
-The collar, looks a bit flimsy
-The three stripes stopping at the shoulders and not going on the sleeve
-The three stars, really unnecessary tbh

Aping the soccer folk
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tonto1888

ah, didn't realise that

screenexile

I think everyone's jersey will change though as O'Neill's have rebranded themselves!

sid waddell

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 22, 2017, 10:13:27 AM

GAA jerseys usually last for 3 years. If there's a change of sponsor they usually change the jersey as well. We used a sponsor change for 2006 to change that abomination of a jersey we had for a year in 2005.

Edit: See Rufus beat me to it
There's no set time period for jersey changes -  it varies by county but the general trend for most counties is that changes have been getting more frequent.

On average, Dublin tend to change their jersey once every two years but this has varied due to sponsor changes.

Over the last 20 years, new Dublin kits appeared in:
December 1997
May 2000
May 2002
May 2004
November 2006
November 2008
January 2010
November 2012
November 2013
May 2016

Basically an average of one every two years.

In that time, Tyrone had the same kit design from 1999 to 2003 inclusive with a change to the WJ Dolan sponsor's logo in 2001, then did four seasons from 2004-2007 inclusive with their first Rocwell-sponsored kit, then two years in 2008/09 with a different kit, three years from 2010-12 inclusive with a Target Express sponsored kit, two years with Hunky Dorys in 2013-14 and three years with the McAleer and Rushe kit.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: screenexile on November 22, 2017, 11:08:47 AM
I think everyone's jersey will change though as O'Neill's have rebranded themselves!

I doubt it screen, all their new Slaney range has "O Neills" branded on them. Plus the new International Rules and All Stars jerseys have the old "O'NEILLS" on them too. They might change to "o'neills" on new prins of the jersey but I'd imagine everything else will be unchanged till the next redesign.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

J70

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2017, 01:47:29 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 22, 2017, 01:43:45 AM

Stars are always a nice touch in my opinion.

Maybe, but Tyrone with three, ourselves sticking two on, Derry one... is it not all a little "small time" when you have Kerry, Dublin and even the likes of Cork, Meath and Galway out there with nothing on their jersey?

Gabriel_Hurl