New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on November 16, 2017, 07:04:20 AM
Fair play to them. They need to bring back the red shorts for a bit of success. With that logo they will look like a redder Version of Kildare.

I might have missed it but was there a reason given for the change to all white? The kit looks far better with the red togs and socks I thought. Strange one to change after winning 3 All Irelands with it?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

twohands!!!

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 16, 2017, 02:36:24 AM
Tyrone getting a new sponsor

Fair old difference between these as a sponsor compared to AIG

longballin

Is that an aerial shot of the Garvaghy centre?

rrhf

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 16, 2017, 05:58:34 PM
Fair play to them. They need to bring back the red shorts for a bit of success. With that logo they will look like a redder Version of Kildare.

I might have missed it but was there a reason given for the change to all white? The kit looks far better with the red togs and socks I thought. Strange one to change after winning 3 All Irelands with it?
Bloody designers set loose. Going back to the 50s or something like that.  5 all ireland finals since 1986 in the red togs.  3 titles, 2 leagues.  Have lost 2 league finals in the white togs v Dublin and Derry.  Id be superstitious like that. 

Gabriel_Hurl

Aaron Boone

No fabrication to say this will be the top seller nationwide this Christmas.

rrhf

What's with the pink shorts

Beantown

Quote from: rrhf on November 17, 2017, 06:38:11 AM
;D ;D ;D

They need to bring back the red shorts.... Wont help how they play but will be easier on the eye and lessen the Kildare comparison.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: rrhf on November 17, 2017, 06:38:11 AM

Saw people on here moaning about white and red shorts so decided to compromise

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on November 16, 2017, 07:55:23 PM

Bloody designers set loose. Going back to the 50s or something like that.  5 all ireland finals since 1986 in the red togs.  3 titles, 2 leagues.  Have lost 2 league finals in the white togs v Dublin and Derry.  Id be superstitious like that.

::) Such stupidity, aside from the fact that the kit looked much better with the red togs, shur every bloody team had white togs back in the day. Down were the first to change this as far as I'm aware.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Good design on the new Tyrone jersey. It'd be nice if O'Neills changed up the fabric they use to make their jersies but that's probably far too much to ask.

red hander

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 17, 2017, 04:04:48 PM
Quote from: rrhf on November 16, 2017, 07:55:23 PM

::) Such stupidity, aside from the fact that the kit looked much better with the red togs, shur every bloody team had white togs back in the day. Down were the first to change this as far as I'm aware.

I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall someone telling me (during a drunken discussion about Tyrone football in a Belfast pub) that it was something to do with rugby league. Apparently (and this could be utter bullshit) rugby league found that teams whose jerseys and shorts were same colours picked up fewer upper leg injuries in the tackle than those whose jerseys and shorts were different colours. Like I say, could be ballix, or there could be something in it. In my defence, I was blocked  :D

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on November 17, 2017, 04:35:17 PM
Good design on the new Tyrone jersey. It'd be nice if O'Neills changed up the fabric they use to make their jersies but that's probably far too much to ask.

The fabric for players or replicas ??

tiempo

Quote from: Orchard park on November 18, 2017, 12:57:57 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 17, 2017, 04:35:17 PM

The fabric for players or replicas ??

They are not going to change materials any time soon, stonking margins in the basic gear they're churning out