Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Brutal logo! Like some toy manufacturer

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 27, 2017, 02:56:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 27, 2017, 02:39:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 27, 2017, 02:35:02 PM
Remind me how O'Neills get around the Adidas 3 stripes again??
They're allowed to use three stripes in Ireland only so UK, US, European, Oz teams all have to use two stripes

It used to be they wouldn't even sell you the 3 stripes versions of jerseys if you lived outside Ireland

Is it not still like that?

i got my last Donegal jersey in 2014. Only two stripes. So-called "international" version.

Rossfan

Got a Ros jersey in 1998.
Got my next one as a Christmas present  Dec 2016.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Based on the refresh cycle for jersies we're due a new one this Christmas. I really like the current pin stripe design, so hopefully they keep the spirit of it and maybe tighten up the design of the map, which is still a really unique and cool concept.

Gabriel_Hurl

New logo is to do with their 100th anniversary in 2018 I believe

joemamas

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 27, 2017, 03:04:46 PM
Quote from: joemamas on October 27, 2017, 03:02:21 PM
personally ,I wish you could have the option of buying a jersey without all the ad's.

Players and supporters are beginning to look like formula 1 drivers.

Ironically the only thing that is missing is the name of the county.

I would pay 50% more even double just to be able to wear one without all the sponsorship .

I know the sponsors pay up, and agree that the players should have to wear them, for TV, photo's etc, but the everyday ordinary supporter??

The only time you have the option of no sponsor is possibly the Ireland rugby shirt or Celtic home.

Thanks,

It is particularly relevent for those supporters outside of Ireland.
People have asked me who are "Elverys"
Wonder why they don't provide that option for GAA supporters.

Syferus

Quote from: joemamas on October 27, 2017, 05:41:59 PM
personally ,I wish you could have the option of buying a jersey without all the ad's.

I would pay 50% more even double just to be able to wear one without all the sponsorship .

I know the sponsors pay up, and agree that the players should have to wear them, for TV, photo's etc, but the everyday ordinary supporter??

The only time you have the option of no sponsor is possibly the Ireland rugby shirt or Celtic home.

Thanks,

Because it's an inherent part of the package counties sell to sponsors? Look, as long as the logo is tastefully integrated with the jersey (Westmeath's would be a perfect example of not bothering to do this) then I don't think anyone should have much complaints about the sponsors' logo. This is what sport is in 2017. In fact if it's what the players are wearing then I'd prefer it to match that than look like some sort of off-brand logo-less jersey.

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on October 27, 2017, 06:20:23 PM
Quote from: joemamas on October 27, 2017, 05:41:59 PM

Thanks,

Because it's an inherent part of the package counties sell to sponsors? Look, as long as the logo is tastefully integrated with the jersey (Westmeath's would be a perfect example of not bothering to do this) then I don't think anyone should have much complaints about the sponsors' logo. This is what sport is in 2017. In fact if it's what the players are wearing then I'd prefer it to match that than look like some sort of off-brand logo-less jersey.

Very few jerseys are tastefully integrated with sponsors anymore though. Kildares is an abomination as was our hunky dory get up. The blue on the front of the cork jersey is jarring just as vodaphone was on the dubs for a few years. Kerry, Elverys, kingspan and a few others are some of the few tasteful sponsors logos left.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Rugby league jerseys are destroyed with multiple sponsors  too. Most players look like someone stuck a heap of billboards to a rhino.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

OgraAnDun

The vast majority of jerseys look a lot worse without a sponsor. The problem is just having a sponsor that matches the jersey, and some of them (like Wexford or Westmeath) clash horribly.

redhandefender

If you had an option to take sponsor of the jersey you would cut your sponsorship money in 2 and anyway as someone said above most look look crap.

Tyrone new one is good but new one in the pipeline. Hunky Doreys was brutal

laoislad

Jerseys are much nicer without a sponsor imo.
That's why if im buying anything I'd usually opt for a training top instead of the jersey. They still have a sponsor but usually far smaller and not plastered right across the front.
The Laois jeresy is as nice as there is but is ruined by the sponsor.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Tyrone getting a new sponsor

rrhf

Fair play to them. They need to bring back the red shorts for a bit of success. With that logo they will look like a redder Version of Kildare.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."