New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

The new Dublin away Jersey!

Put in cold storage once the knockout stages of the League Commence!

Jinxy

I'd murder a bag of crisps now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

New Cavan jersey for next year apparently, not bad.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

I don't like that the Kingspan logo is on the back as well, and the Cabhán text is shoved to the bottom.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 16, 2016, 04:12:32 PM
I don't like that the Kingspan logo is on the back as well, and the Cabhán text is shoved to the bottom.

All jerseys have a second sponsor on the back now though. The text would look better over the logo and the number alright, that's the first time I've seen it done like that.

tiempo

Shite looking Cavan jersey. The font for An Cabhán is shite. The logo above the number on the back is shite. The white patch containing the crest is especially shite. But it'll do them rightly sure they'll be out before August anyway, don't know why they even need a new jersey.

muppet

I can't believe GAA supporters have fallen for the post-Sky annual new jersey scam!

Joe Brolly would turn in his grave.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 16, 2016, 03:12:41 PM

New Cavan jersey for next year apparently, not bad.
Why is it still blue?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tiempo on November 16, 2016, 05:37:00 PM
Shite looking Cavan jersey. The font for An Cabhán is shite. The logo above the number on the back is shite. The white patch containing the crest is especially shite. But it'll do them rightly sure they'll be out before August anyway, don't know why they even need a new jersey.

+1, why they have a white bit on their front I'll never know.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on November 17, 2016, 04:30:12 AM
I can't believe GAA supporters have fallen for the post-Sky annual new jersey scam!

Cavan had that one for a few years did they not muppet?

Anyway, must be the season for it, Westmeath launched their new one last night, not exactly a drastic change, old one on the left, new one on the right. Now if it wasn't for that logo...

DuffleKing

O'Neill's are really revolutionary with their designs  :o

When are we going to get into the 21st century and bin this illegal monopoly on playing gear from O'Neills?

OgraAnDun

I like O'Neills' gear, nice designs, works well and compared to soccer jerseys they're still pretty cheap.

Can't see anyone who already owns last year's Westmeath top buying this year's one, I wonder what the point was in this so called redesign. I think the Cavan one is quite nice though (from the front - the back is awful).

5 Sams

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 17, 2016, 12:48:47 PM

When are we going to get into the 21st century and bin this illegal monopoly on playing gear from O'Neills?

Dunno whereyou are getting the "illegal monopoly" bit from. Theres plenty of other suppliers in the marketplace. O'Neills cant be beaten on quality and I think clubs and county are pretty loyal to them as well.
The Aristocrat Years

screenexile

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 17, 2016, 04:51:27 PM

Dunno whereyou are getting the "illegal monopoly" bit from. Theres plenty of other suppliers in the marketplace. O'Neills cant be beaten on quality and I think clubs and county are pretty loyal to them as well.

Indeed there isn't... All playing apparel for the GAA MUST be manufactured in Ireland for Club and County football and Hurling (Not sure about Camogie and Ladies Football but think they're the same) which means there are very very few sports companies who can compete with O'Neill's monopoly on that!

Azzuri threatened for a while but they aren't even close!

AZOffaly

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 17, 2016, 04:51:27 PM

This.

We;ve had gear from Kukri, MAsita and O'Neills, as well as training tops, tracksuits and the like from a good few others at this stage. You can't beat O'Neills for quality, longevity and even appearance I think.

We just had an option for our development squad. Free top from one of those other manufacturers, or a €15 contribution to get an O'Neill's one. The parents, to a man/woman, picked the O'Neills, even though it was going to cost them €15.