New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara Na Rí

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2016, 09:06:31 PM
Quote from: Tara Na Rí on January 29, 2016, 12:28:47 PM
The 7 stars were first put on the Meath jersey in 2006 and have stayed there ever since. It offers us something to cling onto especially during these barren years!! But I feel we missed a trick by not adding another star for our O'Byrne Cup win last Sunday..

Serious question. As it is a county jersey, as opposed to a 'code' jersey, do they put the stars on the hurling jersey as well? What about underage jerseys, do they have the star, or do they have the stars for that grade?

Would/should Offaly have a 3 star football one, and a 4 star hurling one, or just put 7 on them all?

Interesting question and I've never actually thought about it like that before, so I had to do a bit of research! It appears that all jerseys, including the hurlers and underage teams in Meath carry the 7 stars. So, if Offaly were to follow this example, then they would put 7 stars on all their jerseys. Our hurling jersey has a different sponsor, the design itself is the same, but I've never seen it available to buy online or in shops. Hurling definitely plays second fiddle to football in the county so I'd imagine O'Neills didn't really consider the hurlers when they included the 7 stars. If there was more of a 50/50 split between football and hurling in the county, then maybe it would be reconsidered. But like you said, it's a county jersey as opposed to a code jersey..
Meath Are Magic

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 29, 2016, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 29, 2016, 11:26:00 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 29, 2016, 06:46:37 AM
One star wouldn't look that tara on a Derry jersey... :P

I'd say Dublin/Kerry/Galway laugh at your lads when they look at those ridiculous stars on the jersey!!

Galway have only won two more AIs than Meath.

It would have been 8 all only for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftE3kDIYBk
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Nice to see Jigsaw on the back of the Offaly one.

snoopdog

Íseal agus crua isteach a

The problem with ONeills jerseys for me is all the sponsors logos are the central theme of the shirt. It takes away from the county crest and color. I liked the retro jerseys best these "nascar" styled shirts are way too tacky. Less is more.

Beffs

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 12, 2016, 06:44:07 PM
The problem with ONeills jerseys for me is all the sponsors logos are the central theme of the shirt. It takes away from the county crest and color. I liked the retro jerseys best these "nascar" styled shirts are way too tacky. Less is more.

Very few companies would be willing to part with big bucks to sponsor an inter county team, if their logo wasn't clearly visible on the front of the jersey. It's a form of advertising for them. If it's made smaller and relegated to a part of the jersey, that you have to strain your eyes to see it, then what's the point, from a commercial point of view?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2016, 04:22:29 PM
Nice to see Jigsaw on the back of the Offaly one.

Was wondering what that signified. Are Carroll's promoting that as well or is it a county board initiative? Fair play to whoever's involved.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

County Board as far as I know.

illdecide

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 15, 2016, 10:28:46 AM
County Board as far as I know.

What is it? explain it to us mortals
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

heffo

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Beffs on February 15, 2016, 12:23:50 AM

Very few companies would be willing to part with big bucks to sponsor an inter county team, if their logo wasn't clearly visible on the front of the jersey. It's a form of advertising for them. If it's made smaller and relegated to a part of the jersey, that you have to strain your eyes to see it, then what's the point, from a commercial point of view?

I have no problem with the players having the sponsorship logo on their jerseys. I just think supporters shirts should have the option of wither they want a sponsors logo on their shirts or not. I actually like the McKeever shirts from the GAA store because of the simplicity of the shirts.

illdecide

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 16, 2016, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: Beffs on February 15, 2016, 12:23:50 AM

I have no problem with the players having the sponsorship logo on their jerseys. I just think supporters shirts should have the option of wither they want a sponsors logo on their shirts or not. I actually like the McKeever shirts from the GAA store because of the simplicity of the shirts.

Is that you Paidi :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch