New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Sligo ain't bad who makes them?Long time since Sligo were O'Neills and why did Sligo change to Black??
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

Are Sligo moving back towards the white jersey slowly? They used to be all white with black trim before they beat Kildare up in Croker I think?

general_lee

Donegal up until the mid 1960's wore green jerseys with a hoop but changed to a gold jersey for a short period in the late 70's. What we see today was adopted for their All Ireland run in 1992.

http://www.gaa-dna.com/history/gaa-county-colours/ulster-gaa-county-colours.html

thejuice

We're supposed to be getting new jerseys this year. I'm not sure we even got 2 years out of the last ones.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 26, 2016, 12:41:01 PM
That Donegal jersey is brutal. The last one they had was class too.

Some of those designers at O'Neills really don't have a clue. Just stick shapes anywhere.

J70 always wanted to know, were Donegal ever Green with yellow hoop or was that an away jersey in the late 80s/early 90s?

Think green with yellow hoop was the traditional one, but then they went to the gold jersey in the 60s, before going back to the green/yellow hoop in the 80s.

We went back to the gold jersey again due to the clash with Mayo in the '92 semi, and then decided to stick with it for good. We had a clash with Fermanagh earlier that same season, but just wore Ulster colours.

Now, since 2011, we change to white when there's a clash. Before that, the green/yellow hoop was the change jersey.

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 26, 2016, 01:05:39 PM
Should just revert to Donegal's first ever jersey sponsors back in 1991.

;D

Although that jersey was dropped fairly quickly after the hiding Down (or more correctly, Mickey Linden!) gave us in that year's Ulster final!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 26, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Least the sponsors logo fits in well with the new Sligo jersey

Another decent, uncluttered effort from Kukri for Sligo, it is a pity Kildare's county board turned them and their offer of loadsamoney down a couple of years ago.

Walter Cronc

I must say I've been very impressed with the quality of Kukri products (Ulster rugby training gear).

Hopefully they continue to challenge the monopoly held by O'Neills.

tiempo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 27, 2016, 10:23:43 AM
I must say I've been very impressed with the quality of Kukri products (Ulster rugby training gear).

Yes St Pauls in Belfast have a few kits made by Kukri, they could be worth a punt, would they be better value for money than O'Neills?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tiempo on January 27, 2016, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 27, 2016, 10:23:43 AM

Yes St Pauls in Belfast have a few kits made by Kukri, they could be worth a punt, would they be better value for money than O'Neills?

I've no experience of buying in bulk but I'm sure they are worth a look. Most rugby clubs have them and its always nice to have something different whilst sticking to local.

general_lee

Was quite impressed with kukri. Went to their shop in Victoria Square to get a few Christmas presents, in and out in 5 mins, easy to find the right sizes straight away unlike O'Neill's where everything is all over the place and the only sizes ever left are xxxxl. They were good value also

WT4E

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 27, 2016, 12:16:28 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 26, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Least the sponsors logo fits in well with the new Sligo jersey

Another decent, uncluttered effort from Kukri for Sligo, it is a pity Kildare's county board turned them and their offer of loadsamoney down a couple of years ago.

Does this not go against the GAA ethos by using a non irish company to supply kit?

Never liked the sligo jersey but this is an improvement

Mikhailov

I have seen plenty of GAA training gear designed by Kukri and all appears good in terms of quality and design. I am talking about polo tops, fleeces, jackets, training tees etc. However, on the playing strip side of things I have seen max 5 kits which is a shame as they appear to pushing hard to break into the GAA side of things but it is hard to break the monopoly that O'Neills hold. It wont happen overnight and will require a sustained period of pushing hard on Kukri behalf to enable them to break the mould.

O'Neills need someone to keep them on their toes - some of the McRory Cup teams or maybe all of them are getting their playing gear from a crowd called Masita but I know nothing about them in terms of quality etc.

Some of the casual GAA gear that clubs are getting now on an increasing basis from the likes of Nike, Puma and Adidas are top notch and really look the part - the GAA store in Portydown are doing a good job on that side of things.

Walter Cronc

Just had a look on their website - errrrr lol

The DNA of Kukri Sports dates back to 1979, when the British Army Gurkhas and RAF joined together to create a stronger rugby club, the Flying Kukris. They officially became one club, when in true Kukri Sports tradition, a tailor was tasked with stitching the shirts of both clubs together to create a bespoke playing kit.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 27, 2016, 11:53:46 AM
I have seen plenty of GAA training gear designed by Kukri and all appears good in terms of quality and design. I am talking about polo tops, fleeces, jackets, training tees etc. However, on the playing strip side of things I have seen max 5 kits which is a shame as they appear to pushing hard to break into the GAA side of things but it is hard to break the monopoly that O'Neills hold. It wont happen overnight and will require a sustained period of pushing hard on Kukri behalf to enable them to break the mould.

O'Neills need someone to keep them on their toes - some of the McRory Cup teams or maybe all of them are getting their playing gear from a crowd called Masita but I know nothing about them in terms of quality etc.

Some of the casual GAA gear that clubs are getting now on an increasing basis from the likes of Nike, Puma and Adidas are top notch and really look the part - the GAA store in Portydown are doing a good job on that side of things.

Yeah Maghera are now Masita at McRory level. Masita sponsor the Hogan Cup. Think they are a Meath outfit.