New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2014, 03:16:10 PM
Why would someone from Donegal buy a Dublin jersey? I can understand wearing one at training if you got a swap after a game or something, but I can't imagine wearing a Kerry jersey or anything like that? I find it strange wearing the Tipperary gear we get with the Development squads :)

Worse still it's a reserve jersey. 2nd's jersey. The reserve team.  :)

donegal lad

Why would someone from Donegal buy a Dublin jersey? I can understand wearing one at training if you got a swap after a game or something, but I can't imagine wearing a Kerry jersey or anything like that? I find it strange wearing the Tipperary gear we get with the Development squads :)
I collect gaa jerseys have a good few other county jerseys as well as NYPD,Boston etc. for €23 i couldn't turn it down and have no problem wearing them don't feel strange at all

donegal lad

Quote from: orangeman on January 10, 2014, 03:22:08 PM

Worse still it's a reserve jersey. 2nd's jersey. The reserve team.  :)
2nd's jersey means there is a flaw in it and can't sell it for full price anyone that's ever been in oneils store in strabane will know what I'm on about. Personally don't see any harm in having other county jerseys not like il forget where I'm from because I have them

AZOffaly

Fair enough. You must get a lot of 'what part of Dublin/Galway/Kerry/Tyrone are you from?' type questions, and a lot of puzzled looks when you say Donegal :D

AZOffaly

In fairness to you , I have soccer jerseys from Liverpool, Coventry, AC Milan, Roma, Lazio, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Brazil, Italy, France etc etc etc. I used to wear them playing soccer or training. Now I wear them as pyjamas in the winter :)

donegal lad

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
Fair enough. You must get a lot of 'what part of Dublin/Galway/Kerry/Tyrone are you from?' type questions, and a lot of puzzled looks when you say Donegal :D
Nay not really have large collection of jerseys infact I even have an Offaly 1  ;) waiting till 20th January to get new donegal 1

donegal lad

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2014, 03:37:14 PM
In fairness to you , I have soccer jerseys from Liverpool, Coventry, AC Milan, Roma, Lazio, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Brazil, Italy, France etc etc etc. I used to wear them playing soccer or training. Now I wear them as pyjamas in the winter :)
I was going to use that as part of my argument for it being normal, I would own way more gaa jerseys than soccer 1s. I'd wear them for training etc and if I'm just in the house and most people who know me knows I collect them  :)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2014, 03:37:14 PM

AZ, our very own Dougal Maguire
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 09, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 06, 2014, 01:39:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2014, 12:32:09 PM
Laois also back to O'Neills after about a decade with Azzurri.
I think this is a lovely jersey.

Logo ruins it. Hope O'Neills don't do similar with the Renault logo on the new Westmeath jersey.

And they did

Very tacky looking.
The sponsors logo should blend in with the jersey.
Like this.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

qubdub

are meath the first county to feature a picture of one of their players on the jersey?

Gabriel_Hurl

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 30, 2015, 09:43:32 PM

Always loved the history / story / myth behind the green over the red. Amazed How far Mayo have gone from that.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Farrandeelin

Well Killarney is a far place to travel to...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

It's a change strip...I wouldn't get too down over it saffron...might only see it once this year...

AZOffaly

Quote from: frostbit on January 31, 2015, 09:01:09 AM
These new tight fit jerseys have ended many a mans club career.

Absolutely. I had to do a full twirl before people could read the sponsors name.