UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechampishere

Good news for anyone in the UK, I've just come across a thread on www.digitalspy.co.uk and has stated that all three quarter finals on sunday and monday will be available live on Sky Channel 167, channel is called InfoTV2

FUCKIN GREAT NEWS FOR ME!!!

ross4life

are tv3 finished with their coverage for the year now?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 31, 2009, 02:09:37 AM
I seen advert on BBC2 earlier tonight for the Tyrone and Donegal games which said "Not available on digital satellite" and just checking the Sky EPG shows womens golf for Sunday afternoon. It looks like it will only be available on analogue and digital terrestrial, and cable. However a last minute deal is possible.

Just noticed that myself this afternoon. Any idea why that is?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

But that notice was never given before. Besides, I've seen games on BBC via Sky Digital before.
Testing Accessibility

thechampishere

Well anyone that does have Sky outside of Ireland will still be able to see the games on sunday and monday, just tune into channel 167, InfoTV2. All games are advertised on the EPG so can't imagine them being blocked out!

Tyrone Dreamer

Think it said in press release earlier that it was only available for pubs in UK on that channel. Not sure how that would work.

thechampishere

Definitely wouldn't be for pubs only, it would clash with setanta's commercial rights to the gaa, assuming that they still hold them, so I'm near certain that the channel won't be blocked out come throw in time, so sit back, relax, and ENJOY!!!

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: laoisgaa on August 01, 2009, 01:29:51 AM
http://www.information.tv/popups/feed.php

Will the matches be shown on that link, or is that infotv1?

Really want to see the games this weekend, but don't want to spend two full days in the pub! (Only have Freeview, no skybox)
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Its definately on Info TV2 (Sky - 167)

LIVE GAA All-Ireland Football Quarter final action from Croke Park: Sunday 2nd 1230-1830 and Monday 3rd 1300-1700

Their site says:
"Essentially, we provide access to broadcast television for organisations who wish to reach specific target audiences, whether they are large or small. We incubate new television propositions for niche market segments, which would struggle to start up on a dedicated channel."

This makes sense, it allows the GAA to be broadcast domestically in the mainland after the demise of Setanta.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

armaghniac

This makes sense, it allows the GAA to be broadcast domestically in the mainland after the demise of Setanta.

An in the island of Britain as well.

The question is what is the economics of this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Maguire01

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 23, 2009, 04:22:51 PM
Not for those of us in the digital age.  BBC NI digital is showing athletics!  I cannot watch the game on the channel for which I am paying a licence fee.

Mind your attitude, Maguire, have some manners!
Now now, don't be so sensitive - I was only joking, hence the smiley!

But anyway, i'm getting it on digital.

comethekingdom

I see the BBC nordies have signed off on their championship coverage for this year as Tyrone are now out !! Never watched it anyway as its pure nordie biased. Canning should be fcuked out of RTE. I listen to Radio 1 and watch on telly with the sound down.