UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clawaddy

watched utv and bbc tonight to see buildup to the big match this weekend - not a word! As previous poster said if 30 -35000 were attending a local soccer match we would have it every night.  Indeed there are 2 other gaa matches with local interest this weekend which will be watched by 10-15000 people which would easily outnumber the total attendances at local soccer games during the season. Personally I dont care anymore if utv show gaa as they have become a bit of a joke station but I do care about bbc not least because I pay for the right to view their output.  Im not suggesting a friendly between glentoran and nortel doesnt deserve coverage ???, just that a match or matches attracting many thousands of licence payers should also be covered. Comeon BBC lets play fair >:(

ziggysego

GAA did get a mention on the BBC. British soil in Croke Park...
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Quote from: clawaddy on July 15, 2009, 08:43:11 PM
. Comeon BBC lets play fair >:(

As I said ...organise and take them to Court
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mick999 on July 15, 2009, 01:49:15 PM
I see the Road to Croker has the Bradleys on this week:

Its also available online Worlwide ...

FRIDAY 17 JULY

THE ROAD TO CROKER
Worldwide - 7.00pm

In tonight's programme, The Road to Croker will be hanging out with the Bradley family: Antrim manager Liam, and Derry sharpshooters Paddy and Eoin, ahead of a big weekend for the family. Liam has led Antrim to their first Ulster Final since 1970 on Sunday while his sons will play a key role as Derry look to progress to through the qualifiers.

Also tonight, Munster and Ireland rugby star Tomás O'Leary shows he is still well able to handle a hurl... but then he was a All Ireland winning Minor captain for Cork in 2001 and with a father like Cork's Seánie O'Leary, he didn't lick it off the stones either!

Mayo's run to the All Ireland Final in 1989 is also remembered in tonight's programme as they prepare for another Connacht Final showdown with Galway. And the Punter v Pundit showdown continues with two more wannabe Mystic Megs gazing into their crystal balls for the weekend action

I'll probably watch it so as regards Mayo's All-Ireland final run.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

glens73

Pat Spillane to Michael Lyster "It's great to be sharing the studio with a Derry man (Tohill) who talks sense for a change"

A Quinn Martin Production

BBC will be covering both football quarter finals on Sunday
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ziggysego

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 28, 2009, 05:30:31 PM
BBC will be covering both football quarter finals on Sunday

According to the BBC schedules, Women's Golf is on instead.
Testing Accessibility

thechampishere

Seems like this coverage on the bbc is only gonna be in NI, can anyone confirm or deny this, as if it's true, us folk in the UK won't be able to get it!!!

By UK I mean England, Scotland, Wales, London to be precise!!!

fred the red

Quote from: thechampishere on July 30, 2009, 11:00:02 PM
Seems like this coverage on the bbc is only gonna be in NI, can anyone confirm or deny this, as if it's true, us folk in the UK won't be able to get it!!!

if you have sky digital i think you can access bbc ni

ziggysego

Quote from: thechampishere on July 30, 2009, 11:00:02 PM

You'll be able to get it on BBC iPlayer. Not sure it iPlayer streams live though.
Testing Accessibility

thechampishere

Yeh I've Sky Digital and looking ahead on the planner, there's no mention of Live GAA on Sunday afternoon, still down as Swimming!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: thechampishere on July 30, 2009, 11:03:54 PM
Yeh I've Sky Digital and looking ahead on the planner, there's no mention of Live GAA on Sunday afternoon, still down as Swimming!!!

You checking BBC 2 NI and not the BBC 2 region you're in?
Testing Accessibility

thechampishere

Yeh BB2 NI is Channel 992 over in London and it's down as Golf not Swimming!!! The early rounds of the Ulster Champs were available over here no bother but they were advertised on the Sky Gude where as this weekend it's not so I'm wondering if it is only gonna be available in NI!!! Fuckin gutted if it is as we're fucked over here with Setanta going bust, and esp so as I'm working this Sunday!!!