UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2009, 07:48:38 PM
That sideline camera should really only be used behind the goals. It was a disaster yesterday and the cameraman had real trouble keeping up with the game.

hes used to the lighning pace of the irish league.

another classic from sidebottom this week.. "whats the similarity between a pregnant cow and monaghan? ...the are both close to cavan"
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

ziggysego

Quote from: behind the wire on June 08, 2009, 11:04:02 AM
That sideline camera should really only be used behind the goals. It was a disaster yesterday and the cameraman had real trouble keeping up with the game.

another classic from sidebottom this week.. "whats the similarity between a pregnant cow and monaghan? ...the are both close to cavan"

He got it from the board ;)
Testing Accessibility

GBXII

Just a word on the commentators....I think RTE should get Mike Finnerty from TV3 to replace the 'past-it' Ger Canning..better commentator and far more knowledgeable...

Sandy Hill

I thought that Darragh Maloney (sp?) did a sound job commentating on the Dublin v Meath game but I could've done without Martin Carney! Does he never lighten up-commentating sounds like a chore to him!
"Stercus accidit"

Doohicky

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 07, 2009, 05:19:02 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 07, 2009, 04:49:41 PM
The camera work all depends on the stadium. If you have a big stadium like Croke Park, they have plenty of cameras from different angles. With a smaller ground, its not always feasible to have camera's at the right position/angle to cover the game like they can at Croke Park.

RTE & TG4 have never had problems covering Clones & Befni before!! This still doesn't excuse the producers showing replays when they should be showing live action or just pure and simple bad camera work!

Not sure who decides those replays, because during the Keyy v Cork game there were also a large number or replays being shown during game time. Missed a lot because of it.
And this was on TV3. (If this is the game you mean then apologies)

Massey-135

Lads, any of use know why TV3 isn't on Sky up here in the north?  ???

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: comethekingdom on June 07, 2009, 03:57:59 PM
TV3 would sicken you with all the ads though.

True and the whole analysis between the ads feels very rushed. Maybe drop out a question Matt & relax the quick fire questioning... Very good otherwise...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

Quote from: Massey-135 on June 08, 2009, 02:46:25 PM
Lads, any of use know why TV3 isn't on Sky up here in the north?  ???

To do with television rights with UTV and Granada, which owns a large percentage of shares in TV3.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

No GAA on BBC or UTV news this evening. Maybe Antrim phoned them up and asked them not to.

ExiledGael

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 08, 2009, 06:58:23 PM
No GAA on BBC or UTV news this evening. Maybe Antrim phoned them up and asked them not to.

And ourselves.
A complete joke all the same.

Maguire01

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 08, 2009, 07:01:15 PM

And ourselves.
A complete joke all the same.
I was think that maybe your game was covered on Sunday bulletins(?)
Either way, poor showing.

raisins

Quote from: ziggysego on June 08, 2009, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on June 08, 2009, 11:04:02 AM

He got it from the board ;)

No - He got it from me cos I have the cheesiest lines in the BBC Sport office!!

Maguire01

Is there anyway to get TV3 in Belfast? VirginMedia?
Or alternatively, any bars that would show the Cork/Kerry game next Saturday?

fred the red

Disgrace- any BBC buffs on the watch wanna state why this is so?

(we know you read this)

Minder

Quote from: fred the red on June 08, 2009, 10:29:36 PM

Disgrace- any BBC buffs on the watch wanna state why this is so?

(we know you read this)

Strange as i saw Sidebottom and Thomas Kane in Croke Park yesterday in the press area.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"