UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Why does everyone get so upset? It isnt going to change. RTE is as big a culprit as the BBC, RTE have shown very little interest in the NFL for one reason, they dont show the games at this stage. Its like Sky Sports, as they are not allowed coverage of the Euros or World Cups they basically pretend the tournamnets are not taking place, which is difficult with a 24hr Sports News channel. Anyone that needs to get their Gaa fix from RTE, UTV or the BBC is barking up the wrong tree. There is more than enough on the old interweb to satisfy everyone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AFS

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2009, 09:15:50 PM
Why does everyone get so upset? It isnt going to change. RTE is as big a culprit as the BBC, RTE have shown very little interest in the NFL for one reason, they dont show the games at this stage. Its like Sky Sports, as they are not allowed coverage of the Euros or World Cups they basically pretend the tournamnets are not taking place, which is difficult with a 24hr Sports News channel. Anyone that needs to get their Gaa fix from RTE, UTV or the BBC is barking up the wrong tree. There is more than enough on the old interweb to satisfy everyone.

But there are no rights issues with something like the MacRory Cup yet they makes no effort to give it any coverage, but the directly comparable School's Cup gets very well treated with cameras, reporters, etc. sent to matches. Why does this disparity exist? Its a question that needs to be put to the BBC.

Lovely Hurling

Bless the girl on radio ulster on monday morning who told us to go to their website if we wanted to know the hurling results from the previous day. What a great service. Does anyone have a copy of PTG in the Star on Sunday about gaa coverage?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lovely Hurling on March 10, 2009, 11:29:49 AM
Bless the girl on radio ulster on monday morning who told us to go to their website if we wanted to know the hurling results from the previous day. What a great service. Does anyone have a copy of PTG in the Star on Sunday about gaa coverage?

Could someone please post this report.
Tbc....

The GAA

Must post my thanks to bbc for their score updates on teletxt on sat evening. very prompt and a whole lot better than the crap rte service

passedit

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 10, 2009, 07:51:44 PM
Thomas Kane is calling with us tomorrow to film the usual BBC intro for the MacRory Cup final production.

I wonder who will be the commentary team for the final in Healy Park, the home of Omagh St Endas.

Perhaps you would prefer Charlie Witherspoon? How many times did he make it to the MacRory finalists in the week of the game?
Don't Panic

ONeill

Devastating news at 6.30 today on UTV when they announced that Tyrone had lost ("defeats for Donegal, Fermanagh, Monaghan and Tyrone"). Gutted.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

was a cracking finish, fair play to both teams. watched it "live" after the kildare game

passedit

Quote from: AFS on March 06, 2009, 09:40:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2009, 09:15:50 PM

But there are no rights issues with something like the MacRory Cup yet they makes no effort to give it any coverage, but the directly comparable School's Cup gets very well treated with cameras, reporters, etc. sent to matches. Why does this disparity exist? Its a question that needs to be put to the BBC.

Disgraceful scenes at the end of the schools game today, young lads puckin the heads off each other, ref copping out with yellow cards. Expect Twatson to go to town on this tonight. Oh wait.
Don't Panic

Maguire01

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

BBC Newsline cover the Club and Schools GAA finals before the Rugby and there's no mention of any fighting!

Is that because of Austin presenting rather than Watson?

Maguire01

Good move. Genuine criticism is much more credible if it's balanced.

Tyrone Dreamer

Was there fighting at the rugby final?

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

corcaioch

Quote from: snatter on August 02, 2007, 07:43:36 PM
UTV and BBC should either rebrodacast RTE's offerings, or support the terrestrial broadcasting of RTE into all NI homes, not just those daft enough to subscribe to SKY.

RTE show hardly any GAA for over 6 months of the year anyway so it's hardly worthwhile >:(
75% of GAA coverage is on TG4

clawaddy

Sat down tonight to watch the BBC local news expecting to see a preview of the Tyrone/Derry game on tomorrow.  It didnt get a mention, in fact GAA didnt get mentioned. I was very surprised as this event will probably have the most spectators of any sporting event here this weekend.There was extensive coverage of soccer,cycling, ice hockey, rugby.  Will this game get radio coverage on Sat? Two weeks ago I sent away £139.50 licence fee but obviously this is the only interest local BBC have in me.  I suppose if there is a skirmish at the match no effort will be spared in covering it.