UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 16, 2009, 09:49:33 PM
There was over 11,000 in Omagh - I'd say that wouldnt be far away from the combined Irish league attendances from the weekend.

You're kidding aren't you? That's more than the combined Irish league attendances for the year so far.

T O Hare

The coverage they give to soccer is laughable.. It annoys you to see an interview with Paul Kirk or Saturday evening with Jackies weekly chat with Davy J who always has the same answers "we knew it was going to be tough etc and singing praise on the legend that is Spike" >:( >:(
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

fred the red

Quote from: AFS on February 16, 2009, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 16, 2009, 09:17:21 PM
Very poor is the answer. Plenty of coverage of the visit of Glentoran players to Healy Park and clips of the 2 Kerry goals. I can't even remember them giving out the result. A small showing of the handbags at the end, although this was played down. They didn't show McMenemin hitting on Galvin though (although maybe they'll keep it for a slow news night during the week).

No mention of any of the other Ulster counties, but plenty of highlights of soccer played in empty grounds.

That's because they didn't. Not a mention of the other 5 North of Ireland counties either. Nor the hurling. Nor the McRory Cup.

Impartial reporting? i think not.

AFS

I half expected them to have a few clips this evening, that they'd saved up because they were maybe a bit short on time yesterday with the rugby, etc. But silly me for being so optimistic  :-\

That means, of the ten league games in both football and hurling this weekend involving the six counties, which cumulatively attracted in excess of 30000 spectators, they showed a grand total of 3 scores (and two of them were by Kerry FFS).

Piss poor effort. But at least we've been well informed that there's some event on in Donard with a load of English lads riding their bikes over dead trees.  ::)

Maguire01

Quote from: AFS on February 17, 2009, 08:26:22 PM
But at least we've been well informed that there's some event on in Donard with a load of English lads riding their bikes over dead trees.  ::)
:D

fred the red

People defended the beeb over their coverage of the McKenna cup, but their coverage for the national league has been placid at best.

Is there anywhere that shows the amount of coverage each local sport receives on our regional station?

Does anyone believe the Beeb are appeasing their licence payers?

ziggysego

Quote from: fred the red on February 17, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
People defended the beeb over their coverage of the McKenna cup, but their coverage for the national league has been placid at best.

Is there anywhere that shows the amount of coverage each local sport receives on our regional station?

Does anyone believe the Beeb are appeasing their licence payers?

Donagh tried to get this information off the BBC under the Freedom of Information Act. They weren't forecoming with the information and just ran off a bit of spin.

Even on the radio, Shane used my club as an example of the coverage the BBC provided. I chuckled at that one.
Testing Accessibility

glens73

6 week ban for McMenamin which UTV focus on more than Cushendall's unlucky but great effort today.

They even showed Ricey's grope on Galvin 3 times!

Tyrone Dreamer

At least they have some info on Cross up on teletext. There's quotes from "all star winger" Oisin McConville.

fred the red

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 22, 2009, 06:15:06 PM
At least they have some info on Cross up on teletext. There's quotes from "all star winger" Oisin McConville.

Can someone enlighten me what a winger is? is this a derogratory term?

Hardy

It is when there's a 'h' in it. Otherwise it has no meaning in Gaelic Football. I presume this is now an 'in' joke at UTV.

ziggysego

I was just checking the BBC Sports NI main page and this is the header for Season Ticket.

What's next on Season Ticket
Season Ticket will be back for another short run in March with boxing, rugby, horse racing and football all featured.

Where's the GAA?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

We all know what the BBC refer football to and it isn't football.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I see Danny Murphy giving the media a bit of a touch in his report to the Ulster Council meeting.

Fair play Danny.

Doogie Browser

Some suit from UTV has hit back at Danny Murphy in todays Irish News, did you all not know they had cameras in Tyrone on the Friday before and the Monday after the All ireland, so there.  End of.  Well done UTV.