UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on January 06, 2009, 04:19:32 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 06, 2009, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: bloody mary on January 06, 2009, 12:36:31 PM
was there any mckenna cup on utv or bbc last night from the weekend new rules and stuff?

UTV did a bit. BBC mentioned Coney but Watson couldn't bring himself to mention the McKenna cup. Heaps about the rugby and some 17/19 year old runner from ENGLAND ::)

Correct - the next Paula Radcliffe apparently  :-\

BBC had coney as top story and UTV showed mayb 6 scores from the Fermanagh Derry game.

I thought the rugby was top story Wherefromreferee.

EDIT: sorry SLK  :-*

SidelineKick

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 06, 2009, 04:25:51 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on January 06, 2009, 04:19:32 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 06, 2009, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: bloody mary on January 06, 2009, 12:36:31 PM
was there any mckenna cup on utv or bbc last night from the weekend new rules and stuff?

UTV did a bit. BBC mentioned Coney but Watson couldn't bring himself to mention the McKenna cup. Heaps about the rugby and some 17/19 year old runner from ENGLAND ::)

Correct - the next Paula Radcliffe apparently  :-\

BBC had coney as top story and UTV showed mayb 6 scores from the Fermanagh Derry game.

I thought the rugby was top story Sidelinekick.

:-X wasn't me that said it!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

wherefromreferee?

Apologies, you could be right.  Was rugby top story on both sides then?
In your Endo!

Maguire01

RTÉ didn't even manage the scores on the news bulletin i saw - after saying it was a busy day for GAA! They did have some short feature with Meath Ref D Coldrick (i think his name is) about the implementation of the new rules, but nothing in terms of scores.
They comprehensively covered the cross channel soccer however.

never kickt a ball

An interesting angle from Damian Harvey, Tyrone County Board PRO, in his convention report.

"At this point I would like to make it clear to delegates that there are serious issues that need to be addressed at a senior level within the BBC. It is my opinion that their coverage of Gaelic games is sporadic at best. The Monday after the Ulster Club quarter finals no mention were made of them on BBC Newsline. In a recent telephone conversation with a senior person involved in managing BBC Sports coverage I was told that he "could not justify providing live coverage of the All Ireland Minor final replay", as it would mean that he would have to drop Irish League coverage. This same gentleman had the option to split FM and MW coverage and put the All Ireland Minor Final replay on live but he refused to do so. In an age when Radio and TV is increasingly moving to digital, the Radio Ulster GAA commentary team find themselves marooned on MW. In 2009 the BBC will provide FM quality broadcasting for soccer and rugby on a Saturday. On a Sunday the National League will be broadcast on MW with no plans to
cover any game played on a Saturday night. This can no longer be acceptable and I would appeal to the many thousand GAA people who are forced to pay their licence to make their thoughts known."

thejuice

Are the BBC or UTV doing anything special to celebrate the 125 years of the GAA?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stiffler

Good updates on the bbc website for the mckenna cup today again i see  ::)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ExiledGael

Quote from: stiffler on January 11, 2009, 02:37:37 PM

At least you can find out all the McKenna Cup scores and some of the small reports are up already. Credit where it's due to BBC.
Have you tried finding anything from RTE? They're a complete joke.

Maguire01

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 11, 2009, 05:09:03 PM

At least you can find out all the McKenna Cup scores and some of the small reports are up already. Credit where it's due to BBC.

Exactly.
What are you talking about Stiffler? There are results up for all of the McKenna Cup matches and match reports up for 4 of them. There were also previews up for all games.
You have to make a real effort and go through Aertel to get anything on the RTÉ site.

Hardy

Never mind RTÉ, BBC or ITV - try finding results on gaa.ie. You might as well be looking on Al Jazeera.

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2009, 05:49:20 PM
Never mind RTÉ, BBC or ITV - try finding results on gaa.ie. You might as well be looking on Al Jazeera.

:D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D

stiffler

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 11, 2009, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on January 11, 2009, 05:09:03 PM

Exactly.
What are you talking about Stiffler? There are results up for all of the McKenna Cup matches and match reports up for 4 of them. There were also previews up for all games.
You have to make a real effort and go through Aertel to get anything on the RTÉ site.

What am i talking about?

I checked the bbc website during the games and there was no updates of scores from the mckenna cup games. Im sure it would not have been to hard for them to send 1 reporter to each ground that hosted a game on sunday, simply to update the latest scores, team line ups from each game.

Do you work for them or something? you seem to defend them alot ]. Sorry for my point of view  ::)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Also the BBC text service for regional sport had no McKenna cup scores updated, and then last night had only one report, Down v Tyrone, yet had every single other page devoted to IFA soccer matches from Saturday reports and scores!
Tbc....

ziggysego

Sure last night I looked at the report of the Down -v- Tyrone game on Ceefax and at the top of the page it said RUGBY UNION!
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Jesus lads it is a glorified pre season tournament, settle down.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"