UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

I do see that it was all Glentoran fans fault, Linfield fans behaved impeccably  ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/7800652.stm
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

imtommygunn

BBC NI headline...

"Hurling stick gang steal car"

Maybe it's just me but not sure why they have highlighted the fact that there's a hurling stick involved. I'd have thought the main story was the car theft.

Mourne Rover

It's a five-word headline which fairly accurately reflects the story. If the gang had used a gun, would the report have represented discrimination against country sports ? Let's not leave ourselves open to parody here.

the milkman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 01, 2009, 08:53:10 PM
BBC NI headline...

Maybe it's just me but not sure why they have highlighted the fact that there's a hurling stick involved. I'd have thought the main story was the car theft.

I agree, i doubt they would have a headline saying " Hockey stick gang steal car"

cville

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the milkman on January 01, 2009, 09:13:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 01, 2009, 08:53:10 PM
BBC NI headline...

I agree, i doubt they would have a headline saying " Hockey stick gang steal car"
I initially thought it was strange but then you do always see headlines about baseball bat wielding thugs. Maybe they should report these stories as involving "a wooden sporting bat".

never kickt a ball

Have to say well done to the BBC for live scores on their website throughout the match tonight.

The Magners League that is. Come on Ulster!

And live commentary too; http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_4700000/newsid_4706600/4706616.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

Thank heavens for Jim Neilly.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bloody mary on January 06, 2009, 12:36:31 PM
was there any mckenna cup on utv or bbc last night from the weekend new rules and stuff?

dont be daft, sure there was no boxing.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Bensars

There was some coverage of the Fermanagh V Derry game  on one of them.

cornerback

BBC ran with the kyle coney story, no mention of the mckenna cup

Didn't see UTV but heard that they had coverage of derry fermanagh.  Dunno what else, if anything, they showed/mentioned.

tonesfirstandlast

Talking about BBC, did any of you read the Sh@@e trhat McHugh was writing today?

never kickt a ball

was there any mckenna cup on utv or bbc last night from the weekend new rules and stuff?

UTV did a bit. BBC mentioned Coney but Watson couldn't bring himself to mention the McKenna cup. Heaps about the rugby and some 17/19 year old runner from ENGLAND ::)

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 06, 2009, 02:45:09 PM

UTV did a bit. BBC mentioned Coney but Watson couldn't bring himself to mention the McKenna cup. Heaps about the rugby and some 17/19 year old runner from ENGLAND ::)

Correct - the next Paula Radcliffe apparently  :-\

BBC had coney as top story and UTV showed mayb 6 scores from the Fermanagh Derry game.
In your Endo!

SidelineKick

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on January 06, 2009, 04:19:32 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 06, 2009, 02:45:09 PM

Correct - the next Paula Radcliffe apparently
  :-\

BBC had coney as top story and UTV showed mayb 6 scores from the Fermanagh Derry game.

What, pisses in the street? You could find loads of them any Friday or Saturday night!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

wherefromreferee?

Anyone else notice that Darren Gibson (Man Utd goalscorer at the weekend) was from Londonderry on one channel and Derry on the other?  Can't mind which was which.
In your Endo!