UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Seeing that smug f**ker Watson sitting there made my blood boil. Although we should give them the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow night as it might be on then. Sure the BBC didnt have any action of the Ulster club hurling final AFAIK...I could be wrong on this

Stephen Watson = W**ker

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 03, 2008, 08:48:55 PM
Seeing that smug f**ker Watson sitting there made my blood boil. Although we should give them the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow night as it might be on then. Sure the BBC didnt have any action of the Ulster club hurling final AFAIK...I could be wrong on this

Stephen Watson = W**ker

I saw footage of it somewhere, was maybe TG4 the next night though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

When you see the BBC shower all sitting around with poppies, it is clear that they are unprofessional, as a true professional wouldn't exhibit their political prejudices at work. The manner of the GAA coverage is a further exhibition of their views. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on November 03, 2008, 09:14:14 PM
When you see the BBC shower all sitting around with poppies, it is clear that they are unprofessional, as a true professional wouldn't exhibit their political prejudices at work. The manner of the GAA coverage is a further exhibition of their views. 
The poppy is irrelevant. It's BBC policy. It has nothing to do with the professionalism of those in the BBC and adds nothing to our argument for GAA coverage.

But whilst we're slightly off topic, i once served Watson in a restaurant, back in the days when i was a waiter. He didn't tip.  >:(

orangeman

A crowd of bitter bastards - I'm getting tired saying this - it's about time something was done about it.

Cricket, motorbike racing, formula 1, soccer - not a mention of the GAA - shower of c***ts !

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: orangeman on November 03, 2008, 11:35:02 PM
A crowd of bitter b**tards - I'm getting tired saying this - it's about time something was done about it.

Cricket, motorbike racing, formula 1, soccer - not a mention of the GAA - shower of c***ts !

Here Here.  Even managed to annoy her indoors by asking to turn it over from Hollyoaks for a minute to I catch the GAA highlights from the Ulster Club championship games at the weekend.  She was fierce annoyed I can tell ye!
In your Endo!

Teachtaire

What's the craic in Tyrone? Logy must be well got even if he does go on holidays with "his" boys - Norn Iron soccer team. I see from the IN that he's doing fear a' tí at the awards dinner at the weekend along with yer woman Joanne Cantwell from RTE. Would the good people of Tyrone not raise the imbalance of coverage afforded to GAA with Logy when he's within their sights?

orangeman

Quote from: Teachtaire on November 04, 2008, 09:16:53 AM
What's the craic in Tyrone? Logy must be well got even if he does go on holidays with "his" boys - Norn Iron soccer team. I see from the IN that he's doing fear a' tí at the awards dinner at the weekend along with yer woman Joanne Cantwell from RTE. Would the good people of Tyrone not raise the imbalance of coverage afforded to GAA with Logy when he's within their sights?

This issue has been raised with Logie directly and in turn he has brought it to the attention of the UTV authorities - guess what their response is ??

Logie is now serving his notice and is being made redundant !

Teachtaire

Didnt know that Logie was getting the shove.

Sorry to hear that because say what you like, he was good at what he did.

The GAA

I notice that according to utv, antrim "winger" karl stewart is the 2008 ulster hurler of the year.

surely deliberate at this stage?

lfdown2

what can be done folks?

paddy heaney tried a while back to start a letter writing campaign, perhaps its time to have another go, even for everyone to use the same letter throw it in an envelope and put it in the post, just a different name at the bottom, just to bombard them, id say there are people here from the majority of clubs in ulster and know those that arnt represented!

thoughts?

The GAA

utv teletext are obviously taking the piss

tyrone86

Quote from: The GAA on November 04, 2008, 10:53:49 AM

I notice that according to utv, antrim "winger" karl stewart is the 2008 ulster hurler of the year.

Funny enough I thought the same thing when I saw it........

But apparently it's true enough, Karl Stewart is indeed Ulster Hurler of the Year

JohnDenver

I see there wasn't much mention of Liam Kearney the Cork player being struck in the face with a missile after being substituted during the Cork Glentoran Setanta cup final on Saturday evening.

No doubt if a player had been hit by something thrown from the crowd at a football or hurling match we would be hearing and seeing all about it on our local news.

SidelineKick

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 04, 2008, 11:03:06 AM
Quote from: The GAA on November 04, 2008, 10:53:49 AM

Funny enough I thought the same thing when I saw it........

But apparently it's true enough, Karl Stewart is indeed Ulster Hurler of the Year

:D :D

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 04, 2008, 10:57:54 AM
what can be done folks?

paddy heaney tried a while back to start a letter writing campaign, perhaps its time to have another go, even for everyone to use the same letter throw it in an envelope and put it in the post, just a different name at the bottom, just to bombard them, id say there are people here from the majority of clubs in ulster and know those that arnt represented!

thoughts?

As for this, I think it would be a great idea, minimal effort maximum impact.  If you pen the letter I'm sure everyone would print it and send it.

(PS if you dont know how to pen a letter see the "How to pen a letter of complaint" thread  ;D)

Go for it!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.