UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Should Tyrone win on Sunday, their All-Ireland final tussle with either Cork or Kerry will also be live on BBC Northern Ireland.

Shane Glynn, Editor of Sport, BBC Northern Ireland, said: "It was always our aspiration to cover Ulster teams in the All-Ireland stages of the Championship.

"But it's a complicated rights situation, involving RTE and Setanta, and we're very appreciative of the efforts that have been made by the GAA, both the Ulster Council and Croke Park, and the other broadcasters to secure live coverage on BBC Northern Ireland of these games for local GAA fans."

Who are jumping on the bandwagon now ??   ;) :D ;D

ziggysego

Good to see the natural order of things has been restored, with Goals Will Come presenting the live Championship coverage.
Testing Accessibility

Uladh

Quote from: ziggysego on August 28, 2008, 05:40:56 PM
Good to see the natural order of things has been restored, with Goals Will Come presenting the live Championship coverage.

how do you mean?

Hereiam

Would hardly think its costing them anything to show it. So in other words the BBC have got away without paying anything to the GAA. AGAIN.

Uladh

Quote from: interested on August 29, 2008, 07:48:02 AM
  Goals Will Come is none other than Jerome Quiinn

yes, i know. amd what?

JMohan

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 31, 2008, 03:56:23 PM
10 minutes gone, bring back Austin, just about to turn back to Lyster, Brolly and O'Rourke.
Christ I can hardly listen to them ... especially McStay - complete anti-Ulster bias and a very whingy commentator.

I often menat to ask - does Brolly actually train any team or is he involved with anybody?

We know O'Rourke trains the St. Pat's Navan school team - does Brolly do anything?
(Not a swipe at Joe - just interested to know)

Square Ball

Quote from: JMohan on August 31, 2008, 05:50:58 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on August 31, 2008, 03:56:23 PM
10 minutes gone, bring back Austin, just about to turn back to Lyster, Brolly and O'Rourke.
Christ I can hardly listen to them ... especially McStay - complete anti-Ulster bias and a very whingy commentator.

I often menat to ask - does Brolly actually train any team or is he involved with anybody?

We know O'Rourke trains the St. Pat's Navan school team - does Brolly do anything?
(Not a swipe at Joe - just interested to know)

I think Joe is still involved with St Brides in Belfast
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JMohan

Is that a school or a club?

Square Ball

its a club, they play in Div 1 in Antrim
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Presume the All-Ireland final will be live on BBC, anyone see confirmation?

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 02, 2008, 07:55:51 PM
Presume the All-Ireland final will be live on BBC, anyone see confirmation?

Confirmation :)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Violence mars Tyrone final win !

That was the headlines on the UTV news which has just been aired.

Not much from them all year and then this.

Typical all the same.

bridgegael

maybe noel mcginn knew that the match wouldn get bbc/utv coverage unless there was a bit of a skirmish at it.  so he took it upon himself to get the match top billing on the sports news-where it should rightly be anyway!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

orangeman

BBC has just showed it there as well - the presenter was smiling as he and his poppy told the story of the big row !!!!!!!!

bridgegael

steven was looking very smug indeed!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"