UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

How can they justify showing it once never mind twice? Their coverage of the nfl throughout the year has been limited to say the least. As I also pointed out they ignored the all ireland hurling final completely last year and possibly the football final to. The result of the hurling final wasnt even given out on the sports news. Hard to justify their coverage now of a row in a league game involving 2 southern teams after ignoring one of the biggest days in Irish Sport.

orangeman

F--king bigots - why don't they go on the march and stay on it !

Yes I Would

Why does Watson have to look so fecking smug.
I immediatley switch to Hollyoaks!

upthehoops

Quote from: Yes I Would on April 23, 2008, 09:33:48 AM
Why does Watson have to look so fecking smug.
I immediatley switch to Hollyoaks!
Watson cant help himself. He looks like that all the time. Creepy bollix

Louth Exile

Be interesting to see if anyone lets them know that Derry won the NFL Div 1 title!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Maguire01

To be fair, BBC1 had highlights from the match and it was their first sports story on this evening's bulletin, above Darren Clarke having some notable win in Golf.
BBC online also had its match report online 1.5 hours ahead of RTÉ.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 27, 2008, 08:30:04 PM
To be fair, BBC1 had highlights from the match and it was their first sports story on this evening's bulletin, above Darren Clarke having some notable win in Golf.
BBC online also had its match report online 1.5 hours ahead of RTÉ.

very little people tune in on a sunday evening
if derry winning the NFL today is ahead of linfield winning the league on tomorrows news i will be amazed !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoisgaa

QuoteBBC online also had its match report online 1.5 hours ahead of RTÉ.

In fairness RTÉ had there report up within 40 minutes of the match finishing, the timing you are most likely referring too is when the 'extended report' was put up.

ziggysego

Nice to see both the BBC and UTV do a piece this evening from Croke Park about the start of the Championship season.

Although yet again, Logie brought up the fight between Dublin and Meath.....
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

That's a wile looking tie Paul Clarke is wearing tonight!
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Was watching UTV the other night - sports section came on - Adrian Logan was on - they gave massive coverage to rugby, ice hockey,soccer, bowls, horse jumping etc and at the end he said - on to GAA and big news this evening is that 5 Meath players are going to appeal their bans ????

Adrian - are you for f---king real ???? Who wants to know about Meath appealing their bans ???

Is this all that was newsworthy that day / week on the GAA front ??

And I turn on the tv tday and BBC are showing lice on BBC2 the Cup Final.

I'm f--king fed up with these bigots !!!!!!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ExiledGael

In fairness there's not a lot happening in the GAA at the minute, on a national level anyway.
They're well entitled to show the cup final too. Probably the only time all year any Irish League sides are shown live on BBC.

zoyler

You can always depend on the BBC - A great game between Down & Tyrone and we get to see that well known and popular 'Ulster' sport - Clay Court Tennis from Paris - thanks a bunch lads!

This time you can't even use the excuse of the UEFA tourament - the times did not clash!

ExiledGael

Heard that alright, he kept saying McNulty throughout.
Though you're no better TYP, isn't he called Owen McConnon?

Maguire01

Quote from: zoyler on June 08, 2008, 06:37:10 PM
You can always depend on the BBC - A great game between Down & Tyrone and we get to see that well known and popular 'Ulster' sport - Clay Court Tennis from Paris - thanks a bunch lads!

This time you can't even use the excuse of the UEFA tourament - the times did not clash!
I thought there was a genuine reason for the game not being shown live? I may be wrong.

EDIT: Oh, and at least we got full deferred coverage from BBC.  RTÉ or TV3 didn't show it and RTÉ will probably only have very brief highlights tonight.