UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Its nice of utv to let everyone know that Mickey Harte has reacted by making seven changes after the "midweek defeat to Down" but at least "centre forward" Brian McGuigan is back.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on January 11, 2008, 12:28:33 PM
I know it was done before and i havent seen them, were they any good at all? I think it would be worthwhile may be if the All-Ireland finals were shown on BBC all across Britain, it would be major promotion. It shouldnt be too hard to do,

You reckon it's be easy to get the BBC to show live coverage of the All-Ireland finals all over the UK? ;D

Tyrone Dreamer

I see Kilrea's "left winger" Lee Kennedy has been awarded for his performances in the ulster minor club championship.

bloody mary

There's still no GAa coverage on BBc on Sundays. Was out at the McKenna cup yesterday and not a word before, during or after. Like it doesn't exist. Now on Saturday, well they had sport all afternoon and on TV from every silly little game they could find. So much for the PaddyHeaney campaign..

never kickt a ball

Quote from: bloody mary on January 14, 2008, 02:56:23 PM
There's still no GAA coverage on BBC on Sundays.

Live rugby coverage today (Sunday) on the radio of Ulster with Jim Nealey. Sorry Paddy Heaney. It's now "Rugby on a Friday, Soccer on a Saturday and Dam All Rugby on a Sunday.  :o

phpearse

...we can now add RTE to the list of broadcasters that are ignoring the GAA. Has anyone noticed that RTE have an ad that details upcoming sporting events during the year. I see that 2008 will be a year to look forward to soccer, rugby, the Olympics and horse racing but no GAA. One of the biggest sporting that RTE will get will be the All Irelands but it still fails to get a mention in their promo for 2008.

snatter

Congrats to UTV on their uncharacteristicly prompt and comprehensive coverage of Down v Cavan on the local news last night.

A minor gripe with the BBC digital teletext tho'.
On Sunday night, we still had no report whatsoever on Down v UUJ, played a full 24 hours earlier.
All the NI soccer matches on the same day had full reports.

I was forced to log on to the web, where the BBC site did have a report.
I've noticed this before - BBC teletext doesn't cover GAA in as much detail as their website.
It has a massive bias towards NI soccer.

Surely if its newsworthy on the web, it should be covered on the teletext as well.
Is there a different editor for teletext, averse to, or unknowledgable of, gaelic games ?

zoyler

Noticed on the Questions & Answers type programme from BBC NI last week that Reg Emphey(?) in remarks on Mr. Poots being at the McKenna Cup appeared to have no problem sayingthat GAAwas the biggest spectator sport in NI.  Maybe he should tell the BBC & UTV this!!!  They might listen to him quicker then us

orangeman

Fair dues to UTV on last night's coverage - they have taken their criticsim and appear to have acted on it.

Feckitt

Credit where credit is due.  UTV showed highlights of the match on the 10.30 news bullettin

ziggysego

Typical, missed the news last night.
Testing Accessibility

Uladh

Quote from: Feckitt on January 23, 2008, 11:26:58 AM
Credit where credit is due.  UTV showed highlights of the match on the 10.30 news bullettin

Absoutely but we shouldn't have to faint at the merest glimpse of decent coverage.

i was watching the local sports bulletin on utv atlunchtime on sat and it went extensively through local soccer, ulster rugby, some boxer and then the old firm. not a dickey bird on the mc kenna cup. yer man then sums up by saying he'll be back tomorrow (sun) with all the highlights and reaction from the kareoke league, heinekin cup and the maor action from the premiership.

ziggysego

Good report tonight on UTV of Cavan -v- Down's Dr. McKenna Gaelic Life game.
Testing Accessibility

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Feckitt on January 23, 2008, 11:26:58 AM

For one night only. Not a sausage of coverage from Omagh of the other semi on Weds. There was footage from nearby Dungannon with the Swifts dispatching  Limavady from the Irish Cup. Adrian Logan of all people doing the voiceover.

KIDDO

What about the  small crowd in Dungannon ,was this fixture entitled to tv coverage, while the game in Omagh attracted an official attendace of 2,018  at 7 pou nds sterling , why  no tv coverage on tonights news , or will we have to wait until lunch time tomorrow for brief  headlines.