UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

In fairness their online coverage is good compared to RTE and especially Aertel. Last night under the club results they still had match reports from games the previous Sunday. Pathetic effort.
We're bound to see an increased effort from UTV/BBC now. Worth it just to see the block at the end of the Dromore game there now on Benny Coulter, brilliant.

ziggysego

The BBC showed a good bit of the game tonight, plus interviews with Noel McGinn and Fabian O'Neill. Unheralded stuff. Could this be a new beginning to GAA coverage on the BBC? The short term looks good, but I'll reserve judgement for the long term.

Even UTV's coverage picked up a bit tonight. Prehaps they heard about the campaign against the BBC and were worried they were next on the list ;)
Testing Accessibility

scalder

Lads I was on here ages ago saying instead of complaining you needed to do some campaigining and am delighted its working, but vigilance is required as I'm sure once the wave of indignation dies down they will revert to their old ways! Don't let them lads.

orangeman

What about having a protest outside the BBC ? Anybody up for it ? Are have all not paid the licence fee ?

glenullinabu

would love to protest but might get caught out!!
urban legend - rumours of protest years ago in the glen about interference for tv signals when windmills went up miles away
there were supposed to be more than 10 times the people there at a protest meeting than had licences in the whole of the glen ;D

Surreal Steve

I am a winter of discontent. Sheer necessity alone brings me here. I hastily shove my invisible trolley down the aisle. A few more items, I think to myself. I don't like shopping. Never have. I don't like animals either, but that's hardly relevant. I survey the last few shelves. Almost there... shit! My boss is coming towards me. I don't like my boss, he's five coconuts short of a disco. In the nick of time, I conceal myself in a bag of old shoes. Once satisfied he is out of sight, I race to the checkout and pay for my goods. As I drive home, traumatised and covered in yoghurt, I vow never to go shopping again.

Tyrone Dreamer

I know its not a public channel but utv's coverage is even more biggoted than the bbc. Even last night when I read a story on their teletext it was talking about former Antrim "winger" Kevin Madden. This happens all the time, surely Logan would check the odd story and put whoever is writing this crap right.

orangeman

Who writes these stories ?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on November 14, 2007, 08:28:44 AM
I know its not a public channel but utv's coverage is even more biggoted than the bbc. Even last night when I read a story on their teletext it was talking about former Antrim "winger" Kevin Madden. This happens all the time, surely Logan would check the odd story and put whoever is writing this crap right.
Francie Bellew the Armagh "Sweeper" facing up against Kieran Donagh the Kerry "Striker"
Would you be surprised??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Ive also seen utv use striker on numerous occasions. Have yet to see how they decide which forwards are strikers and which are wingers. Stephen O'Neill is normally put down as a winger when he plays full foward but surely he should be a striker and the likes of Dooher a winger. Maybe someone can explain it to me. When you also factor in that they usually get the names wrong Ive a suspicion that someone in utv is on a deliberate wind up. To be fair to bbc their stories are usually factually correct. The ignorance in utv was once again highlighted the other week when the Derry county final was on for a second Monday in a row on a weekend roundup (should be glad theyre finally showing something).  Someone is either totally ignorant to the gaa or as I guessed earlier is deliberatley on the wind up. I blame Loggie.

The Watcher Pat

It's a absolute disgrace both the BBC and UTV......May be if we told them that it was our "traditional route" to Croke park each year we would get more coverage...lol
Don't even get me started on Sky Sport's ...Imagine paying the IFA money to show Cliftonville V Linfield live...What a waste of subscribers money.....

The watcher Pat....always watching
(well not on BBC or UTV anymore)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

raisins

So you'll not be happy that BBC are giving the public what they want and showing Spain v NI live next wednesday?

orangeman

BBC are shoinng the next to internationals "live" - yippeeeeeeeee - I can't wait to hear Jackie Fullerton !

clawaddy

listening to my local station Radio Ulster on my way to work this morning.  They had live reports from Bourgoin on Rugby and from Spain on soccer giving the latest news on the upcoming matches.  Obviously this costs a lot in a time of cutbacks. I was wondering if any reporters will be flying into Omagh or Clones for the matches which are of interest to a great many people this Sunday

ziggysego

The headline GAA news tonight on UTV was that the BBC and UTV ignore the GAA and only pay it lip service. They had an interview with Nicky Brennan and Padric Duffy.
Testing Accessibility